Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Walmart

Clover Leaf Light Tuna, Skipjack in Water 0.87c

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 6th, 2019 1:50 pm
Jun 20, 2009
750 posts
194 upvotes
GTA
Rlcky wrote: also remember you weekly intake should be maximum 2 because the mercury.
Good to know that. Thanks!
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2006
4473 posts
3843 upvotes
Ontario
thedealhunter2000 wrote: Image

:)

Nice tuna can trick

I'm not so sure on that tuna can trick. Looks to me like a can opener that cuts below the edge was used, not friction. But hey, I will try it when the weather warms up.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2016
1513 posts
2025 upvotes
Toronto
thanks! will price match at my local no frills. sale being for 2 weeks i can go everyday - get 4 cans each time and not worry about an empty shelf at walmart
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2002
2461 posts
949 upvotes
Halton
Rlcky wrote: also remember you weekly intake should be maximum 2 because the mercury.
only for white tuna. Not this one.
https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/ ... -fish.html

Canned albacore tuna is also often called canned white tuna, but it is not the same as canned light tuna. Canned light tuna contains other species of tuna such as skipjack, yellowfin, and tongol, which are relatively low in mercury. Canned light tuna also tends to be lower in cost relative to albacore tuna.

Canned Albacore (White) Tuna Advice (does not apply to canned light tuna)
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2009
6197 posts
4451 upvotes
Fire wrote: only for white tuna. Not this one.
https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/ ... -fish.html

Canned albacore tuna is also often called canned white tuna, but it is not the same as canned light tuna. Canned light tuna contains other species of tuna such as skipjack, yellowfin, and tongol, which are relatively low in mercury. Canned light tuna also tends to be lower in cost relative to albacore tuna.

Canned Albacore (White) Tuna Advice (does not apply to canned light tuna)
This is only a government scam so the peasants will buy the light tuna instead and save the better white tuna for the 1%.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2006
5868 posts
1606 upvotes
beachlover wrote: I'm not so sure on that tuna can trick. Looks to me like a can opener that cuts below the edge was used, not friction. But hey, I will try it when the weather warms up.
Grinding it on a rock works for sure. I've done it before. It's not the best method, but when you're in a pinch and don't have an opener, it works.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2009
1195 posts
438 upvotes
Vancouver
musicmastomagic wrote: I was not into tuna until I recently switched to Keto diet recently. "Light" normally means -Low fat ......is it same for tuna?
Keto experts, is this one good for keto?
Lol...it's Tuna, not a manufactured product. The "light" refers to the species of Tuna in the can, and typically means Yellowfin or Skipjack. These are cheaper varieties of Tuna. However, they are more environmentally sustainable. They are also smaller and shorter lived species of Tuna, which means they are likely to have lower mercury and other heavy metal contaminants.

Tuna is great for Keto, but has low fat. So if you're keto diet requires fat, you'll have to get that somewhere else.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2009
1195 posts
438 upvotes
Vancouver
Also, this deal is not live for me :(...maybe regional?
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2012
1067 posts
406 upvotes
Toronto
I did a grocery pick up, the tuna can's were probably sold out and were substituted with the more expensive tuna cans.
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2007
2715 posts
562 upvotes
I bought in store, was worried they would all freeze if I ordered online.
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2010
10716 posts
5520 upvotes
Toronto
adequate selenium intake ameliorates adverse affects associated with mercury. take a few brazil nuts each week and your golden if you want to eat 5-7 cans/ week. then again, there's always the bpa in the cans...so can't avoid everything
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2010
10716 posts
5520 upvotes
Toronto
mtlboy wrote: I bought in store, was worried they would all freeze if I ordered online.
why would potential freezing worry you? they do thaw quickly at room temp
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2010
10716 posts
5520 upvotes
Toronto
pootza wrote: This is only a government scam so the peasants will buy the light tuna instead and save the better white tuna for the 1%.
ok there alex jones

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)