• Last Updated:
  • Nov 25th, 2023 11:37 pm
Tags:
None
Sep 14, 2010
5 posts
Montreal

Walmart.com purchase with Cdn Credit card, ship to US

Hello, I am a Canadian working overseas and trying to get a Walmart.com order processed, with a shipping address in the US. The order is shipped to a freight forwarder who will send it to me overseas

When using my Canadian credit card, I am following Walmart.com's rules, as stated on their website:

If you are shipping to a U.S. address but using an international credit card, please put your full international address in the "Address" line and choose the US city and state that the order will be delivered to. For billing phone number, enter your base international phone number without the 001 or 011 prefix.

To ensure the safety and security of your financial information and prevent unauthorized use of your credit or debit card, Walmart.com performs security checks, in partnership with third parties. Unfortunately, some non-U.S. based cards may not pass the designated information and security checks. If we are unable to verify payment, we will cancel your order and send you notification by email that the order could not be completed. To further ensure security and privacy, these emails do not include details of why the order was not completed.

So my Canadian billing address is used in the <Address> line, as stated above, along with my Cdn phone number. The ship-to US City and zip code is used for the City/Zip code.

I have used two different credit cards (MBNA and Amazon.ca Visa), with multiple orders, but with no success.... I have called Walmart customer service, but I have not found them to be very knowledgeable on this subject. All my orders have been cancelled with the following email sent:

Thank you for shopping with Walmart.com. Unfortunately, due to an error processing payment information, we have had to cancel the following order.

Has anyone been successful in ordering from Walmart.com using a Canadian credit card, with a US shipping address that can run me through the rules ?

Thanks for your help !
5 replies
Dec 16, 2004
860 posts
169 upvotes
Toronto
I have successfully placed orders on walmart.com using Paypal with a CDN credit card and shipped to a US address. However, I tried earlier this week and it wouldn't work with Paypal anymore. I ended up using my CDN Amex and it worked - I don't think Amex verifies the address.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 17, 2007
6412 posts
2624 upvotes
Mort Réal, QC
Yup, Paypal is the way to go. Paypal will basically automatically add the ship-to address to your confirmed account and it's always worked like that for me (multiple orders).
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2006
4473 posts
3843 upvotes
Ontario
The problem is getting the Canadian credit card to work. They will only recognize a Canadian postal code as a zip code if you convert it. Take the three actual numbers from you postal and add zero, zero. L1A3Z2 becomes 13200 , try it, and report back.
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2008
4731 posts
2788 upvotes
I did this just a couple days ago. Ordered The Hobbit blu ray with my Amazon.ca cc (through paypal) and had it shipped to a store in the US. Worked like a charm.
May 5, 2017
731 posts
380 upvotes
I'm trying to buy a digital switch online game and PayPal canada didn't work... Is there a way to make this work?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)