Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2014
1060 posts
492 upvotes
The 6
Arrgh wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 2:41 pm
OOS. Toronto
OOS in Toronto, huh. What about the GTA?

Keeps my bourbon nice & warm all day. People are none the wiser.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2004
3201 posts
450 upvotes
GTEH!
DoeBoye wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 1:25 pm
3 pack of Contigo 24oz Snap Seal Travel Mugs for $17. In store only. Limited stock.

I have the 20oz version right now but it's pretty beat up so thought I'd grab a new one.

I make my coffee at 8am and have to add cold water to it before I close the lid or it's still too hot to drink 2 hours later (I drink it black). Can't go wrong for less than $7 a mug.

Perfect seal as well. I throw it in my bag and only get it out at work.

Only downside is if I forget to close the snap before doing that... which I may have done once or twice before :facepalm:
intellix wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 3:42 pm
Meh, I am more interested in these:

Contigo Thermalock™ Matterhorn Water Bottle, Stainless Steel, 20 oz, 3 Pack $16.99 Was $24.88
https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/contigo-th ... 0197461648

Been looking for a bottle for a while and this looks like a great deal!!
Thanks DoeBoye and Intellix.
Was lucky to find 1 pack each of the Byron Travel Mugs and Matterhorn Water bottles. Found the last packs @Vaughan Walmart, HWY 27 & Zenway BLVD.
Was there picking up a couple things and decided to see if I could find these clearance 3-packs. And I scored 1 pack of each. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
😎
Feb 23, 2014
361 posts
60 upvotes
Does costco still have the 3 pack of contigo water bottles that were about a liter for about 20 bucks? I'm looking for a good water bottle. Multiples if possible.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
1621 posts
666 upvotes
Vancouver
paul29m wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 10:35 pm
Does costco still have the 3 pack of contigo water bottles that were about a liter for about 20 bucks? I'm looking for a good water bottle. Multiples if possible.
I think Costco carries then regularly as I do see them now. But they are pushing the auto-seal ones. I think the Contigo mugs are quite durable, they are quite easy (but lengthy) to deal with free replacement. They replaced both of mine because the paint on the body starts to peel. It took about 3-4 weeks for me to get my replacement.
Jul 8, 2008
337 posts
44 upvotes
Toronto
intellix wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 4:09 pm
They can lookup your receipt if you tell them how you paid for it
My WM refused to look it. Something about discontinuing this practice due to security issues.
Nov 30, 2003
322 posts
18 upvotes
pkphilip wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 10:52 pm
I think Costco carries then regularly as I do see them now. But they are pushing the auto-seal ones. I think the Contigo mugs are quite durable, they are quite easy (but lengthy) to deal with free replacement. They replaced both of mine because the paint on the body starts to peel. It took about 3-4 weeks for me to get my replacement.
How did you go about getting a replacement. My kids have a few cups that are damaged and faulty. Did you have to ship to states or cost for process
Feb 10, 2014
8 posts
1 upvote
MONTR
will they price protect somehting that is now in clearance?
bought 4 packs on pre black friday
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2002
2275 posts
281 upvotes
Burlington
Stock around here. Nice timing...will return the 2 pack I bought at Costco yesterday.
Thanks OP!
Free Nortel tips and tricks blog, as well as second opinion on a move to VoIP (for my RFD friends).
Dec 7, 2008
45 posts
8 upvotes
TO
Anyone have a contigo that didn't end up leaking?
Oct 4, 2007
549 posts
67 upvotes
PM88 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 9:21 am
Not for the push seal type, that's for sure.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
2663 posts
446 upvotes
Ontario, Canada
PM88 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 9:21 am
Contigo's had a whole bunch of versions of the autoseal lids. I've had at least one of each type and none have ever leaked.

1st type had the small opening, no lock, and didn't open for cleaning. They were great other than the fact you couldn't clean them.
2nd type included a lock. Same as the 1st but locked.
3rd type was just like the 1st but both opened up for cleaning and had a lock button on top. You can still find these at wallmart. I love these
4th type is what costco now sells. Lid is compltetly redesigned with a wide bucket like opening. presumeably so you can get some liquid out of the cup and let it cool before sipping it. They open up for cleaning and have a rotating top which engages the lock. i hate these. They're hard to drink from without it spilling. And the flow rate is significantly reduced. Trying to drink water from these is a slow tedious process compared to any of the older autoseals.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
1621 posts
666 upvotes
Vancouver
drknockbootz wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 7:56 am
How did you go about getting a replacement. My kids have a few cups that are damaged and faulty. Did you have to ship to states or cost for process
My Contigo didn't leak after all these years, it's the body I think that can't stand the daily abuse, but paint peeling is definitely not something I would expect.

Go here to make the claim: http://www.gocontigo.com/guarantee-info/

It will take about 10 days to hear back, they will need photos with the claim number shown on underside lid (the manufacturer date is on there), the exterior of the mug etc. They will then Fedex the replacement. I think it took about 3-4 weeks total to get mine in Canada. I am still using the bad one right now so you can definitely recycle the old one when you get the new one.
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2007
1847 posts
233 upvotes
Be careful with stock, went to 2 stores that showed 'in stock' and none had them. I don't know if these are with the single water bottles but both walmarts in store couldn't even show the stock count or anything even though online it showed it was there.
Nov 4, 2012
77 posts
55 upvotes
Toronto
I also scored one of each (3pk bottles and 3pk mugs) at Hwy 7 and Hwy 400.
They weren't scanning at clearance price so I showed them the website and they adjusted. Also the website was showing no stock but I was able to find it in store.

A lady in the aisle kept looking to see if I was going to put it down, lol...
sidde0 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 11:25 pm
My WM refused to look it. Something about discontinuing this practice due to security issues.
In that case, you can return it and repurchase it. Tell them you lost the receipt (which is when they offer to look up your receipt with method of payment and date).
They will give the difference on WM gift card.