• Jun 20th, 2019 2:28 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
1683 posts
1168 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
redflagdealsguy wrote:
Jun 12th, 2019 8:22 pm
Why do folks only have one credit card in 2019?

Is it 1986 up in this?
I have a second one but it is truly only for emergencies and I won't use it online.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 24, 2018
7880 posts
8116 upvotes
chemicalxv wrote:
Jun 12th, 2019 8:29 pm
I have a second one but it is truly only for emergencies and I won't use it online.
Credit card forums should straighten your confusion.

One main, one backup, one for emergencies... minimum. This is just science.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2008
3169 posts
915 upvotes
BC
redflagdealsguy wrote:
Jun 12th, 2019 8:22 pm
Why do folks only have one credit card in 2019?

Is it 1986 up in this?
Why bother throwing shade over it? Says more about you than it does him for not having/wanting to use a second card.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 24, 2018
7880 posts
8116 upvotes
Feegus wrote:
Jun 12th, 2019 9:06 pm
Why bother throwing shade over it? Says more about you than it does him for not having/wanting to use a second card.
I think it's a lack of financial awareness, with respect to our friend. It doesn't cost anymore, and most people are eligible for some low limit on a backup card.

For things like:
1) Emergencies
2) Dealing with card exclusivity (Visa/Mastercard Only Vendors)
3) Different expiry dates (in case one expires too soon)

I'm speaking in good faith.
Oct 26, 2012
532 posts
711 upvotes
Stinky2 wrote:
Jun 12th, 2019 11:33 am
Don't buy any game until it is released and reviewed.
Just like you wouldn't pay up front to renovate your basement.
ya true but CDPR have a good track record and you can hold on to the game for a week before opening it to see reviews. If the reviews are trash then you can return it. Otherwise you'd have to wait 3 months before it drops to anywhere near $55
Jul 25, 2008
206 posts
41 upvotes
Last year I preordered games thru Walmart and they got totally screwed up in terms of charges, did anyone else experience this?
Over the period of a few weeks, I called them 3 times to fix it, called my credit card company to see if they could intervene, then eventually found an email for a manager and she fixed it for me. Don’t want to go though that again just to save ~$20.
Oct 26, 2012
532 posts
711 upvotes
malcolm027 wrote:
Jun 12th, 2019 9:25 pm
Last year I preordered games thru Walmart and they got totally screwed up in terms of charges, did anyone else experience this?
Over the period of a few weeks, I called them 3 times to fix it, called my credit card company to see if they could intervene, then eventually found an email for a manager and she fixed it for me. Don’t want to go though that again just to save ~$20.
Walmart is shit. I really wanted to preorder Cyberpunk but I'm not touching Walmart again. Literally pre-ordered 3 games last year: Spiderman, Super Smash Bros and Anthem. Spiderman went smooth but the other 2 I had to jump through hoops to get the price adjusted as for some reason I got charged full price. The sad thing is that they actually arrive on the release date, unlike Amazon.
Dec 20, 2018
6 posts
2 upvotes
Anyone see this on their order page?

“The item(s) in your order are no longer eligible for return. Please visit the Returns page in our Help Centre or view the individual item below for more information.”
Jan 26, 2019
4 posts
6 upvotes
Xesyre wrote:
Jun 12th, 2019 10:05 pm
Anyone see this on their order page?

“The item(s) in your order are no longer eligible for return. Please visit the Returns page in our Help Centre or view the individual item below for more information.”
I see that too, but if you go to the item’s page, it states at the bottom, “You can return this item within 14 days from the day you receive your online order.”. Scanning the return policy also makes no mention of pre-order restrictions on video games (other than the usual unopened / within 14 days policy). Please correct me if I missed something.

I took a few screenshots of the current page, just in case. Personally though, I’m not going to worry about it. I’m sure it can be returned if you change your mind.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2007
1048 posts
403 upvotes
If it wasn't CD Project Red, this game likely wouldn't even be on my radar. But since it is.... I'll probably buy it some day (but I'm in the PC camp, so this isn't for me).
Thanks anyways.
Dec 7, 2008
4 posts
Edmonton, Alberta
For the credit card expiry issue, you can buy a digital gift card online and use that.

I just ordered. It showed expected delivery for 2021. And then I recieved an email saying they might not be able to fulfill my order. Anybody else getting this?
Jun 13, 2005
166 posts
42 upvotes
new westminster, bc
deathwarden5 wrote:
Jun 13th, 2019 12:22 am
For the credit card expiry issue, you can buy a digital gift card online and use that.

I just ordered. It showed expected delivery for 2021. And then I recieved an email saying they might not be able to fulfill my order. Anybody else getting this?
Ordered this afternoon around 5pm (Pacific Time) and received only the regular confirmation of order email. No follow-up about not being able to fulfill.

The game still shows as available at the reduced price on Walmart's website. I did notice it doesn't show up in their list of advertised price-reduced games here:
https://www.walmart.ca/en/walmart-canad ... nt/N-27507