Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Walmart

Cyberpunk 2077 (PS4/XBOX1) - $54.96

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 11th, 2020 11:01 am
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
3326 posts
1885 upvotes
Ren wrote: What you just want to pay full price for a license to play the game?
Release date is April 16th 2020, steam summer sale will happen in 2 months and it will probably sell for the same price as pre-order.

Also, the thought of having to change discs every time I want to play a different game is the worst thing ever.

Also I don't have a PS4 so this argument is meaningless. PC Master Race.
Mar 21, 2012
712 posts
679 upvotes
Edmonton
I've never bought any physical copies of games for ps4 or xb1. Do I actually need to use the disc? My xb1 is mounted behind my TV and is a PITA to get to. Also, i can't pre-order this because my credit card expires before Walmart's place holder release date (dec31, 2020)
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2009
2280 posts
1420 upvotes
Montreal
Neo is back! For $50, it's a lot less than renovating my basement. Ordered!
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
16990 posts
9322 upvotes
London
Dpack22 wrote: Physical copy? In 2019?

Hard pass.
Paying retail prices for something that you don't even own and can't get any money back on when you complete it?

Hard pass.
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
16990 posts
9322 upvotes
London
My credit card expires in March so I can't order it :(
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2017
3103 posts
4576 upvotes
West GTA
Pre-ordering is kind of a tough sell on RFD I feel, simply because it's a deal site. I mean this IS a deal, since it's cheaper than full-price pre-ordering, but there's an ethos with deal hounds that's kind of being violated.

When you pre-order, you are paying a high price (less high here, but still higher) for the worst version of a game (aside from some multiplayer games that are dependent on a large community that tends to fall over time). The game is new, which today means it's unpatched, doesn't have available DLC (free or otherwise), isn't the GOTY version (that typically has all the DLC included), etc. Nowadays for single player games especially waiting delivers a superior product at a lower price, which sounds like a better deal.

Beyond that, you're buying a product of uncertain quality. When you pre-order you don't know if you're getting a game that's worth your time and money or not. By waiting until reviews drop, you get valuable feedback from pros and the community about game quality that informs your purchasing decision. Pre-orders SHOULD be cheaper than buying later to compensate you for rolling the dice.

The only thing pre-ordering does is give you the game at a sometimes lower price on the first day, sometimes with a couple minor in-game perks to incent you to do it. If you want to pay more to play the game (in its worst form, and of uncertain quality) earlier then that's your prerogative, but it kind of feels like not a deal as a concept.

Instead wait a bit, save money, get a better game or have the chance to skip it if it sucks.

That being said this is a deal and I upvoted. The pre-order concept just feels like a ripoff.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37132 upvotes
Viper98 wrote: My credit card expires in March so I can't order it :(
Use one of your other cards, it's risky only having one in life.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2011
5776 posts
3926 upvotes
Toronto and London
Ordered for $40 plus tax with evoucher. Will likely cancel my Amazon CE.
May 21, 2015
157 posts
117 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Dpack22 wrote: Also, the thought of having to change discs every time I want to play a different game is the worst thing ever.
so dramatic
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2002
3651 posts
1429 upvotes
BC
Dpack22 wrote: Release date is April 16th 2020, steam summer sale will happen in 2 months and it will probably sell for the same price as pre-order.

Also, the thought of having to change discs every time I want to play a different game is the worst thing ever.

Also I don't have a PS4 so this argument is meaningless. PC Master Race.
I suspect even frequenting or commenting on a thread for physical ps4 or xbox games when you own neither is meaningless. You do you though.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2015
1019 posts
2157 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I'll never pre order after days gone. Such a huge disappointment that game ended up being
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2006
3403 posts
974 upvotes
Vaughan
HyperTech wrote: I remember when a game was 39.99$ and it was really expensive.... In 1995. I feel so old now.
Where did you find games for that cheap in '95?

Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
16990 posts
9322 upvotes
London
ayo23 wrote: Where did you find games for that cheap in '95?

I remember $120 N64 games
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
16990 posts
9322 upvotes
London
Superjester wrote: I'll never pre order after days gone. Such a huge disappointment that game ended up being
I don't understand this logic.

Preorder cheap... if the game ends up being dogshit, just don't open it and return it for a refund. If it ends up being good you're saving $30
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2007
2393 posts
2116 upvotes
Waterloo
ayo23 wrote: Where did you find games for that cheap in '95?
Well played, sir. Face With Tears Of Joy
Mar 13, 2010
559 posts
342 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Thanks OP! Just preordered a copy for Xbox
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2009
2701 posts
1378 upvotes
Dpack22 wrote: Release date is April 16th 2020, steam summer sale will happen in 2 months and it will probably sell for the same price as pre-order.
Since you obviously can predict the future, what are Friday's Lotto Max winning numbers, good sir?
Corvus oculum corvi non eruit.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2014
1172 posts
1004 upvotes
Kingston, ON
grumble wrote: Pre-ordering is kind of a tough sell on RFD I feel, simply because it's a deal site. I mean this IS a deal, since it's cheaper than full-price pre-ordering, but there's an ethos with deal hounds that's kind of being violated.

When you pre-order, you are paying a high price (less high here, but still higher) for the worst version of a game (aside from some multiplayer games that are dependent on a large community that tends to fall over time). The game is new, which today means it's unpatched, doesn't have available DLC (free or otherwise), isn't the GOTY version (that typically has all the DLC included), etc. Nowadays for single player games especially waiting delivers a superior product at a lower price, which sounds like a better deal.

Beyond that, you're buying a product of uncertain quality. When you pre-order you don't know if you're getting a game that's worth your time and money or not. By waiting until reviews drop, you get valuable feedback from pros and the community about game quality that informs your purchasing decision. Pre-orders SHOULD be cheaper than buying later to compensate you for rolling the dice.

The only thing pre-ordering does is give you the game at a sometimes lower price on the first day, sometimes with a couple minor in-game perks to incent you to do it. If you want to pay more to play the game (in its worst form, and of uncertain quality) earlier then that's your prerogative, but it kind of feels like not a deal as a concept.

Instead wait a bit, save money, get a better game or have the chance to skip it if it sucks.

That being said this is a deal and I upvoted. The pre-order concept just feels like a ripoff.
What?
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2009
2099 posts
1824 upvotes
AB
Viper98 wrote: My credit card expires in March so I can't order it :(
WM wouldn't accept two of my credit cards that expire at the end of 2020. Had to use the line of credit... wtf!?