Expired Hot Deals

[Walmart] Cyberpunk 2077 (PS4/XBOX1) - $54.96

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 20th, 2019 2:28 pm
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 30, 2013
3258 posts
2929 upvotes
Ottawa
Stinky2 wrote: Don't buy any game until it is released and reviewed.
Just like you wouldn't pay up front to renovate your basement.
Kinda amazed that this shitty advice is so well liked.
And then you see people whine about publishers not allocating enough quantity for these discount preorders.

YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS YOU MOOKS!

Cyberpunk 2077 is the safest preorder out there. At $80, at $70, at $55 it's a STEAL and you're stupid not to. The only reason someone wouldn't do it, is because Walmart sucks.
SigBro wrote: As for the free/not free games, it's a lost cause for anyone trying to have a discussion with you about it because there's always a twinge of rage in your comments if one person sees it one way and you see it another and don't agree with it.
Jr. Member
Oct 30, 2012
182 posts
344 upvotes
Thanks OP, ordered!

FF7 Remake is the same price also, good deal or is there better?
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
2015 posts
1523 upvotes
Vancouver
Dpack22 wrote: Release date is April 16th 2020, steam summer sale will happen in 2 months and it will probably sell for the same price as pre-order.

Also, the thought of having to change discs every time I want to play a different game is the worst thing ever.

Also I don't have a PS4 so this argument is meaningless. PC Master Race.
Steam sale has never in its history had E3 discounts on pre orders.
Sr. Member
Aug 1, 2010
837 posts
541 upvotes
Batarang wrote: Kinda amazed that this shitty advice is so well liked.
And then you see people whine about publishers not allocating enough quantity for these discount preorders.

YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS YOU MOOKS!

Cyberpunk 2077 is the safest preorder out there. At $80, at $70, at $55 it's a STEAL and you're stupid not to. The only reason someone wouldn't do it, is because Walmart sucks.
I would agree with him for a lot of games, but with you on this one. Cyberpunk/CDPR is about as safe as it gets. And this one will def retain value/won't go on sale for a long time. No-brainer at $55
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2008
2461 posts
916 upvotes
North York
Dpack22 wrote: Physical copy? In 2019?

Hard pass.

Yea..play and dump it in Ebgames for 50 ...

Lack of common sense on RFD?
Member
User avatar
Aug 25, 2010
331 posts
55 upvotes
Buy game physical disk at $56
Play game
Trade it in when finished (if finished within 30 days you can get up to $50 credit from EB) or wait for 1.5x trade in
Pick up whatever game/system/Vanilla mastercard you feel like

Note:
I don't typically replay games
I don't usually care for the DLCs unless the game really stands out.
I end up usually selling them when the 1.5x or whatever trade in deal is effective

Works out really well for me...
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 6, 2008
3383 posts
1148 upvotes
BC
Is this available for in store pick up? I'm not seeing the option (I'm on mobile tho,)
Newbie
Dec 15, 2017
49 posts
13 upvotes
British Columbia
Is walmart usually pretty good about getting it shipped on release day, or should I opt for pick up in store?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 30, 2013
3258 posts
2929 upvotes
Ottawa
colavs19 wrote: I would agree with him for a lot of games, but with you on this one. Cyberpunk/CDPR is about as safe as it gets. And this one will def retain value/won't go on sale for a long time. No-brainer at $55
I'm okay with preorders for the most part. You can always cancel them if you change your mind. I don't need to wait for some critic to tell me it's worth my money. I make up my own mind about what's worth my money, or what is better off waiting for a sale.
SigBro wrote: As for the free/not free games, it's a lost cause for anyone trying to have a discussion with you about it because there's always a twinge of rage in your comments if one person sees it one way and you see it another and don't agree with it.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Oct 4, 2008
777 posts
293 upvotes
Calgary Alberta
Hey you guys anybody pre-buying games should watch this & see if it makes any sense

Member
User avatar
Jan 21, 2007
286 posts
68 upvotes
Laval
Best Buy decided to "sell out" of their pre-order for this game so Walmart gets my sale. Pre-ordered Days Gone last year and didn't like what I saw from the reviews so I sold the game locally for a small profit but I could have easily returned it to the store for what I paid.
Nocteum wrote: Is walmart usually pretty good about getting it shipped on release day, or should I opt for pick up in store?
From my experience, they've shipped both games I pre-ordered in the past on release day so I got them a couple of days later.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 16, 2010
3094 posts
1607 upvotes
Burlington
evanwier wrote: Steam sale has never in its history had E3 discounts on pre orders.
Poor wording on my part, I meant in June 2020 it will be on sale for about the same as the pre-order price.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
12832 posts
13537 upvotes
Moeeed wrote: Yea..play and dump it in Ebgames for 50 ...

Lack of common sense on RFD?
This equation checks out.

FYI, I'm still unofficially... morally... banned from discussing my opinion on EBGames staffers. Last time I did so I had people claim future astronauts and doctors were paying their way working there.

If the game flops, they may exclude it from a $50 buyback. On the flip side, folks may love it and the buyback may be worthless due to lack of interest in giving up said title.

Top