Expired Hot Deals

[Walmart] Cyberpunk 2077 (PS4/XBOX1) - $54.96

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 20th, 2019 2:28 pm
Jul 15, 2003
468 posts
335 upvotes
Not sure if it's already suggested but people like me who prefer to order through Amazon, for convenience or whatever reason, order it through them and then click on the link on the product page that tells them of a cheaper price and use the Walmart link... Hope if enough people do it, they might match it. And don't have to order it to do to either.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 24, 2018
7816 posts
8076 upvotes
Feegus wrote:
Jun 12th, 2019 5:10 pm
I don't see that as an option. Do you?
I'm a spectator, I just assumed.

Might be able to call Walmart Customer service and have them modify the destination. You can claim you might be moving by then and in-store pickup is your safest option.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 24, 2018
7816 posts
8076 upvotes
barcathegreat wrote:
Jun 12th, 2019 5:18 pm
Not sure if it's already suggested but people like me who prefer to order through Amazon, for convenience or whatever reason, order it through them and then click on the link on the product page that tells them of a cheaper price and use the Walmart link... Hope if enough people do it, they might match it. And don't have to order it to do to either.
This seemed to happen with the Samsung EVO Plus through Walmart, Amazon changed their prices accordingly.
Dec 24, 2009
836 posts
321 upvotes
Quebec City
Batarang wrote:
Jun 12th, 2019 4:05 pm
Kinda amazed that this shitty advice is so well liked.
And then you see people whine about publishers not allocating enough quantity for these discount preorders.

YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS YOU MOOKS!

Cyberpunk 2077 is the safest preorder out there. At $80, at $70, at $55 it's a STEAL and you're stupid not to. The only reason someone wouldn't do it, is because Walmart sucks.
You have no idea how I love Cyberpunk setting (I was playing 2020 as a teenager) and I loved Witcher 3 soo much. But after this E3, I'm a bit concerned. I hope I'm wrong but I feel the game won't be as good as Witcher 3, I fear it will become another Shadowrun (the FPS one of 2007).
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
3010 posts
2629 upvotes
Ottawa
MercadorHG wrote:
Jun 12th, 2019 5:54 pm
You have no idea how I love Cyberpunk setting (I was playing 2020 as a teenager) and I loved Witcher 3 soo much. But after this E3, I'm a bit concerned. I hope I'm wrong but I feel the game won't be as good as Witcher 3, I fear it will become another Shadowrun (the FPS one of 2007).
Honestly, you don't have much to worry about. Every single person that has played the demo at E3 has enjoyed it immensely. I really think it's going to top the Witcher 3, and I don't say that lightly. I think it has serious potential to be one of the best games of the century. Screw GOTY or game of the generation.

And yes, I loved TW3 too.
SigBro wrote: As for the free/not free games, it's a lost cause for anyone trying to have a discussion with you about it because there's always a twinge of rage in your comments if one person sees it one way and you see it another and don't agree with it.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 24, 2018
7816 posts
8076 upvotes
Batarang wrote:
Jun 12th, 2019 6:00 pm
Honestly, you don't have much to worry about. Every single person that has played the demo at E3 has enjoyed it immensely. I really think it's going to top the Witcher 3, and I don't say that lightly. I think it has serious potential to be one of the best games of the century. Screw GOTY or game of the generation.

It'll probably be good, maybe even great, but let's relax a little.

I'm pumped too.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2005
1250 posts
276 upvotes
Batarang wrote:

God, I know you qualified your statement but TW3 is a landmark game and I am sure that CDPR are working with unreal expectations of themselves because they are one hell of an outfit and they know they have the chance to deliver something truly special . . .another landmark game and the culmination of their life's work and passion. How many chances in your life do you get to do that? For most people I suspect the answer is . . .none.

Some would see this as a crushing weight on them and others would be uplifted by the incredible number of people that believe in them. It is hard not to be jaded when you consider the entertainment industry but they are different and I hope they cause the industry to change how they make games and how they treat their customers.

I think I will be buying this game for the PC though . . .the next-gen consoles might do this game justice and I am sure the game will be great on the current consoles (I am impressed with what they can do given their hardware, I am playing Horizon: Zero Dawn on the PS4 and it is a good-looking game) but if you have a PC that can run it then the PC version is almost certainly the way to go! I am considering buying it on GoG.com to support CDPR but we will see about that when the time comes.

Do games usually come out to pre-order this early or is a sign of how big this game is going to be and the hype/expectations surrounding it?
Dec 24, 2009
836 posts
321 upvotes
Quebec City
Batarang wrote:

Man, I hope you are right. If it's half as good as TW3, I'll be happy so :) But I'll play it on my 1070 so no rebate for me.
feminazi wrote:
Jun 12th, 2019 6:16 pm
Do games usually come out to pre-order this early or is a sign of how big this game is going to be and the hype/expectations surrounding it?
No, pre-orders within a year is quite common actually. Giving an hard date is dangerous though, it put so much pressure on the team. I'd prefer they said "when it's done" like the old Blizzard (Larian did that with BG3) but I guess there's a big marketing push and they want to be sure to release before next-gen so people will double-dip (like GTA V).
Oct 7, 2015
359 posts
283 upvotes
Vanier, ON
I trust CD Projekt Red more than IGN. Thanks, OP.
Mar 30, 2008
259 posts
248 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP...ordered. Even if 2077 is half as impressive as Witcher 3 I'd say it's a keeper.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2009
1168 posts
454 upvotes
Calgary
MercadorHG wrote:
Jun 12th, 2019 5:54 pm
If Cyberpunk 2077 flops like Anthem then I'll wait for Cyberpunk 2077 Chapter 3. Third time's the charm. Just look at Witcher 3.

Three.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2005
1250 posts
276 upvotes
.fess wrote:
Jun 12th, 2019 6:30 pm
If Cyberpunk 2077 flops like Anthem then I'll wait for Cyberpunk 2077 Chapter 3. Third time's the charm. Just look at Witcher 3.

Three.
You would think that really this is going to be a lot like TW3 but in a futuristic setting though, wouldn't you? Also, you would think that they will work hard to improve upon TW3 in every way, wouldn't you?
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2006
1981 posts
207 upvotes
Downtown Toronto
how about wait for a month after release and these will be on kijiji for $50 ...