• Last Updated:
  • Dec 7th, 2017 3:57 pm
Jan 25, 2013
68 posts
30 upvotes
Richmond Hill
geophilips wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 11:02 am
WB releases have been UV (4K too if source is a 4k disc) but if you know how to sync to Itunes through Movies Anywhere, you should be able to get the Itunes version as well.
Sadly, Movies Anywhere won't work with the Canadian iTunes store (where I have all my movies). Pretty good service though.
Jun 8, 2008
465 posts
42 upvotes
Ultramega wrote:
Nov 19th, 2017 12:29 am
I understand that film is high resolution, therefore 4k copies can easily be made from the film. But what about HDR? Since these movies came out before HDR, would the HDR be added digitally so it is not really HDR. Kind of like films shot with 3D cameras vs the films shot in 2D then converted to 3D?
That's not how HDR works. Film or High Resolution Digital have much higher resolution and colour depth than standard DVD or 1080p blu ray. What the UHD format allows for is 4x resolution over 1080p, but also a more authentic and deep colour palette by way of HDR technology.
[OP]
Oct 3, 2010
165 posts
80 upvotes
Mississauga
yronnen wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 12:59 pm
Sadly, Movies Anywhere won't work with the Canadian iTunes store (where I have all my movies). Pretty good service though.
Yes. I use it with an US Itunes account.
[OP]
Oct 3, 2010
165 posts
80 upvotes
Mississauga
hamudm wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 1:05 pm
That's not how HDR works. Film or High Resolution Digital have much higher resolution and colour depth than standard DVD or 1080p blu ray. What the UHD format allows for is 4x resolution over 1080p, but also a more authentic and deep colour palette by way of HDR technology.
The HDR is added in the color grading process for each title. What is shot in camera is rarely what we say on the screen. HDR grading allows for a greater color vibrancy and better highlights and shadow detail. The source material of course limits what is possible with HDR. I would guess these titles would see a greater benefit in their shadows and low light scenes than anything else whereas something like Planet Earth II will showcase the full breadth of HDR
[OP]
Oct 3, 2010
165 posts
80 upvotes
Mississauga
Walmart charged my credit card. Which is weird since I don't think their ship date is right. It looked like a placeholder but perhaps their systems are wrong
Penalty Box
Dec 19, 2009
2554 posts
921 upvotes
Thanks OP but I'm gonna wait for the 8K version in a couple of months.
Dec 25, 2015
6 posts
1 upvote
Hamilton, ON
This is currently my situation, mine was expected to be delivered December 6 to local post office and I still haven’t received the email that it’s shipped... my credit card doesn’t show the charge as a purchase BUT Walmart definitely has the money as a pending transaction on my card because 90$ is missing from credit card availability! I’ve tried to follow up with customer support and told me to wait 72 hours after expected shipping date due to high volume of deliveries lol. Anyone get anywhere, let us know!
Oct 24, 2009
142 posts
76 upvotes
Ajax, Ontario
Jmayne wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 6:16 am
Pretty sure it comes out December 19
That's what Amazon says.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
1301 posts
310 upvotes
12ODRIGUEZ wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 6:12 am
This is currently my situation, mine was expected to be delivered December 6 to local post office and I still haven’t received the email that it’s shipped... my credit card doesn’t show the charge as a purchase BUT Walmart definitely has the money as a pending transaction on my card because 90$ is missing from credit card availability! I’ve tried to follow up with customer support and told me to wait 72 hours after expected shipping date due to high volume of deliveries lol. Anyone get anywhere, let us know!
The delivery date initially was December 5, but pushed out to Dec 19 soon after.
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2007
2128 posts
399 upvotes
Da boot
Batman Begins on Bluray was such a mess, I think it was a conversion from HD DVD and it had horrible black levels.