• Last Updated:
  • May 30th, 2011 3:13 pm
Tags:
None
Feb 6, 2006
551 posts
35 upvotes

[Walmart] Walmart Display TVs on clearance ... YMMV

Check your WM stores for clearance TVs. Displays are clearing for incoming inventory (I think) in June.
I was at Northland lat night and passed by eelectronics and saw all the displays tv were on clearance sale.
I got a Philps 40" 1080P 120Mhz for $200.

There was a LG plasma 50" for $375.
Samsung 40" for $300, Emerson 26" - $100, 32" - $125, Vizio - 37" - $250 and some more.
So just check your WM, they might have some deals too.
Btw, all of them still comes w/ the stand and remote.
21 replies
Deal Guru
Dec 4, 2010
12920 posts
804 upvotes
Wow.

The good thing about Walmart is (at least the one near me) they hang their tvs up high enough to escape grubby hands. One concern would be their bulb life since they're on all day, 7 days a week, etc.
[OP]
Feb 6, 2006
551 posts
35 upvotes
Supercooled wrote:
May 28th, 2011 8:28 am
Wow.

The good thing about Walmart is (at least the one near me) they hang their tvs up high enough to escape grubby hands. One concern would be their bulb life since they're on all day, 7 days a week, etc.

I am not worried as I am covered with a $35 3-year in house service. :D
Yes, they all up hanging. They bring it down when you buy it.
Aug 14, 2006
256 posts
85 upvotes
jon-calgary wrote:
May 28th, 2011 8:33 am
I am not worried as I am covered with a $35 3-year in house service. :D
Yes, they all up hanging. They bring it down when you buy it.

Just came back from Gatineau WM, indeed they are clearing out this year models but they are not offering more than 10% of on the last ticketed price. The better deals I saw was a LCD sony 46" for 600$... not an amazing deal IMHO
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2008
1613 posts
123 upvotes
Edmonton
Do they give you the original box/packaging of the tv?
Unknown wrote:
Oct 13th, 2012 3:21 pm
Why is Playbook at $199 a door crasher??? Because Canadians are gullible. :razz:
Deal Guru
Dec 4, 2010
12920 posts
804 upvotes
meds06 wrote:
May 28th, 2011 9:11 am
Just came back from Gatineau WM, indeed they are clearing out this year models but they are not offering more than 10% of on the last ticketed price. The better deals I saw was a LCD sony 46" for 600$... not an amazing deal IMHO

National wide policy on the price reduction I presume?

That's not really that hot if that's the case. I'm looking for a thin(ner) and cooler unit. Might have to wait til the next generation of LEDs to come out to snag an older model.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2004
4204 posts
87 upvotes
desertdeal wrote:
May 28th, 2011 10:19 am
Do they give you the original box/packaging of the tv?

You'll be lucky to get the original remote and base. Its really store dependant... huge YMMV
Oct 20, 2010
238 posts
23 upvotes
i went to a toronto walmart and they told me that they are not doing more than 10% off(despite the fact of having 19"/dvd combo for half price....)
and then the lady tells me oh you are better off buying the new Emerson 26" for 248 instead of the old model on display for 278.....
Nov 29, 2009
57 posts
6 upvotes
London
This happens all year long at wm. Each store seems to be different. From time to time if you look at the ones hanging up with a white label hanging off them you will see a clearance price. Last fall I was lucky enough to see a vizio 42" 1080p for 350.00 which I purchased along with the 35.00 for 3 yr warranty. It came with a stand and remote but this varies too as they had a sharp on clearance at that time with no stand. It really is a hit and miss so whenever I'm at wm and have time I quickly browse for those white labels and if I spot a good deal I tell friends. FYI, the tv has been great with no problems whatsoever. As for them being on all the time that is true but these tv nowadays are built to last for 10 yrs if it's a brand name. So basically their just broken in when you but one at wm which is perfect because if they are going to fail it usually happens in the first few months of a new tv.
Deal Addict
Apr 14, 2005
1584 posts
66 upvotes
Saskatoon Clarence location has the TVs marked down. Little tags describe what is/isn't included (many/most state no stand/remote). Discount range from 10% to 25%. The guy said they might get marked down further in a week if there are any remaining. Nothing struck me as a hot deal. The only one I remember is a 50" Samsung Plasma marked down from $777 to $582 (no remote/stand). Cold at this location. YMMV.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2002
4675 posts
147 upvotes
Any deal in Vancouver's Walmart?

Philps 40" 1080P 120Mhz for $200 is hot.

What is their return policy?
Apr 12, 2011
62 posts
31 upvotes
YMMV but associate told me there are no extended warranty available for display models - final sale or something to that effect. He said he used to offer extended warranties on them, but manager complained or something (I hope it wasn't that they weren't honoured or worse).
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2004
2499 posts
168 upvotes
Pickering WM had select floor model HTIB, DVD and BD players @ 25% off. Grubby fingers /broken buttons a serious concern for sure...
[OP]
Feb 6, 2006
551 posts
35 upvotes
At 11am this morning, nothing left at Northland.
All displays were sold.
Re: the extended warranty, this is actually auto in the system, so the associate actually can't turn you down or could not make the offer because once the item is scanned, the extended warranty automatically comes up.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2011
1211 posts
133 upvotes
Brooklin
interesting. I'm looking for a 32" tv. I will definitely get a warranty if i'm able to find one of these display models at WM.
- Where Br★★klin At -
× < >