Tags:
None
[OP]
Nov 18, 2009
54 posts
Camrose

Walmart DVD sales

Ahoy,
So far the Walmart DVD sales haven't been all that great. Does this count as their Christmas thing? If so, I'd be very disappointed. Last year, you could get those James Bond 007 5 movie/ 10 DVD sets for $15 each.

Also, I was really, really hoping for Lost. I got the first two seasons last year and now really need the rest. They had 'em for about $20 last year.
7 replies
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
17606 posts
1632 upvotes
Poormond Hill
Who buy dvds when they got the net?
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
2693 posts
292 upvotes
Alberta
Not everybody knows how to download movies from torrent sites or convert them to dvd's. Or wants too.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2006
1233 posts
19 upvotes
jackrabbit000 wrote:
Dec 10th, 2011 8:30 pm
Not everybody knows how to download movies from torrent sites or convert them to dvd's. Or wants too.

agreed... i have a kiosk at work that rents DVD's for $1...

at $1 I couldn't be bothered to try to download a movie, check the qualitity, hope it doesn't have any stupid advertisments at the bottom ect ect...

different strokes for different folks
Jan 17, 2010
954 posts
164 upvotes
Toronto
I just wish Netflix Canada would get up to par with the U.S. version :(
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2011
1021 posts
69 upvotes
Dieppe
SleepyMcGee wrote:
Dec 11th, 2011 8:11 pm
I just wish Netflix Canada would get up to par with the U.S. version :(

This. It likely wouldn't stop me from buying movies (love actually getting them) but I've joined and cancelled Netflix like 3 times.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2005
3049 posts
79 upvotes
Napanee
Gibush wrote:
Dec 9th, 2011 11:35 pm
Ahoy,
So far the Walmart DVD sales haven't been all that great. Does this count as their Christmas thing? If so, I'd be very disappointed. Last year, you could get those James Bond 007 5 movie/ 10 DVD sets for $15 each.

Also, I was really, really hoping for Lost. I got the first two seasons last year and now really need the rest. They had 'em for about $20 last year.

Their main sale won't be until the week before Christmas and Boxing Day/Week.
My GamerTag: http://live.xbox.com/member/Corey31
Wins:
Be First to Play - XBOX 360
Win Every Hour - XBOX 360
Wiin The Key to Summer - Nintendo Wii
Score Every Hour - NHL 08
Tribute.ca - Lost Season 4 DVD
[OP]
Nov 18, 2009
54 posts
Camrose
Corizzle wrote:
Dec 11th, 2011 8:24 pm
Their main sale won't be until the week before Christmas and Boxing Day/Week.

Thanks! You were the only one who actually mentioned what my original question was about.

Sandikosh: I'm just one of those people who prefers to have a hard copy, that's all. I like to collect them. Plus, my computer isn't hooked up to my TV or anything and a number of other reasons. I want to support the people who made it.
× < >