Walmart E3 pre-order question

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 7th, 2018 8:29 pm
[OP]
Jun 27, 2009
294 posts
25 upvotes

Walmart E3 pre-order question

I (like many others) pre-ordered a bunch of games this year from wal-mart. Almost $600 worth.

My Credit card was compromised and when I received my new one....i called to update all my websites/stores with a new card and walmart said they cant update the payments. They said i could cancel and re-order but the price promo would be gone.

Has anyone had this experience with walmart of not being able to update a payment type? For pete's sake, i updated my Kingdom Hearts 3 pre-order from Futureshop form 2013!!!

What would happen when the card won't authorize? will it go to a backup payment from my walmart account? would i be able to call in when the game is actually released to change the card type?
82 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2007
1662 posts
191 upvotes
Toronto
Sorry to hear OP,
Have you tried calling the bank and seeing if they can do anything?
[OP]
Jun 27, 2009
294 posts
25 upvotes
realg123 wrote:
Aug 17th, 2018 10:43 am
Sorry to hear OP,
Have you tried calling the bank and seeing if they can do anything?
i called them and they said to ask if walmart could charge everything upfront now....going to try later today
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2007
1662 posts
191 upvotes
Toronto
onslaught192 wrote:
Aug 17th, 2018 2:21 pm
i called them and they said to ask if walmart could charge everything upfront now....going to try later today
If they do, make sure they send you confirmation of some sort.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2008
2736 posts
351 upvotes
Toronto
Yea Walmart has the worst online ordering system.

Next time I am gonna spread out my orders over multiple cards just to hedge my risk.

Same thing happened to me regarding my credit card I don't expect Walmart to do anything about it.
Jun 7, 2017
483 posts
670 upvotes
New Brunswick
aaron158 wrote:
Aug 28th, 2018 2:18 am
email bonni.poch@walmart.com she should be able to help
Major +1. I moved recently and wanted to change the delivery and billing addresses on two of my 2017 E3 preorders. She just got me to reorder the games. applied a credit, and cancelled the original order.
[OP]
Jun 27, 2009
294 posts
25 upvotes
i actually got a callback from a supervisor/manager named Jennifer and she was able to change it over.

Very nice and super helpful. She was puzzled as well as to why the CS dept couldn't do it themselves.

Also got a reference number just in case
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
2482 posts
430 upvotes
Ajax
onslaught192 wrote:
Aug 30th, 2018 1:20 pm
i actually got a callback from a supervisor/manager named Jennifer and she was able to change it over.

Very nice and super helpful. She was puzzled as well as to why the CS dept couldn't do it themselves.

Also got a reference number just in case
It is because their call centers are overseas and they do not want certain folks having access to credit card numbers. I had a similar experience but things changed. In one case, they sent some items and I was never charged at all.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2008
2736 posts
351 upvotes
Toronto
mrtvgame wrote:
Aug 31st, 2018 9:19 am
It is because their call centers are overseas and they do not want certain folks having access to credit card numbers. I had a similar experience but things changed. In one case, they sent some items and I was never charged at all.
Yea I have had that happen too, I even tried to call them once and they said they did charge me so idk
Aug 14, 2009
339 posts
81 upvotes
Orleans
Anyone getting their pre-order bonuses from Walmart? You supposed to get early access beta for BFV. I never got a code from the Walmart pre-order.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2008
2736 posts
351 upvotes
Toronto
killtip wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 1:19 pm
Anyone getting their pre-order bonuses from Walmart? You supposed to get early access beta for BFV. I never got a code from the Walmart pre-order.
I got it today, sent by solutions2go and not by Walmart specifically
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2007
1453 posts
391 upvotes
Is changing shipping address a breeze with Walmart?
Jun 7, 2017
483 posts
670 upvotes
New Brunswick
EH15 wrote:
Sep 5th, 2018 2:48 pm
Is changing shipping address a breeze with Walmart?
Have you not read this thread? lol
[OP]
Jun 27, 2009
294 posts
25 upvotes
well....guess what?

Got an email saying my copies of black ops 4 were shipped (with tracking)....half hour later i get an email saying they couldn't authorize my card

Looks like ill have to call in again with that reference number....pure garbage