• Last Updated:
  • Mar 29th, 2017 12:43 am
[OP]
Nov 25, 2009
175 posts
76 upvotes
Edmonton

[Walmart] Fitbit Flex (first gen) $29

Could be YMMV, and while my photo only shows two, there was another aisle which had a dozen of them behind glass as well.

This is the most basic model of the fitbit. Only does step count and sleep track.
At this price, you can get the xiaomi band2 for much better battery life and more robust features.

But the fitbit ecoystem is probably the best out there. Their app is much better thatn xiaomi's and if you have friends/family/co-workers on the fitbit system, following them onto the fitbit ecosystem would probably yield better benefits due to the competition and such.
So with that in mind, this is a great price to join into fitbit if you just want to track your steps.

If you don't need motivation from peers to do your daily exercise, then consider the xiaomi instead.

62 replies
Deal Guru
Nov 2, 2003
14965 posts
866 upvotes
Scarborough
+1 for honest review that miband 2 is better kudos to Op
MOONBOX REPLACEMENT:IPTV Group Buy
Sep 11, 2011
325 posts
235 upvotes
Toronto
In my opinion, FitBit here is the better deal for *most* consumers. This is over priced when it was $80-100, but $30 is great due to all the features mentioned by OP.

Plus I'd rather have the US government easily spy on me than the Chinese government.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 21, 2003
7299 posts
1493 upvotes
Edmonton
I also +1'd because the review was straight-forward and covered all aspects in a concise, easy to read manner. Nice job!
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2010
2493 posts
458 upvotes
DFR Headquarter
ApocDeals wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 1:54 am
Plus I'd rather have the US government easily spy on me than the Chinese government.
Lolz, do tell how u really feel. Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy

Theres over 1million chinese keyboard trolls ready to descent on you! Some are already in canada and possibly on rfd too. Lolz
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
4416 posts
689 upvotes
lol @ the Jawbone Up beside it for $79
*RFD - once you're in there's no getting out.*

*If you wanna buy something, wait for it! Eventually RFD will post it and something in your pants will feel awesome that you waited: your wallet.*
May 19, 2008
200 posts
23 upvotes
No it can not be worn when swimming. It isn't waterproof.
May 23, 2014
627 posts
276 upvotes
canada
bolethicle wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 8:22 am
Can the fit bit be worn while swimming?
The fit bit is NOT water restiant even

Fully submergible items have a rating of IPX8 something water resistant is ipx5 6-7-

The water proof ones (not sure if they even have em..) would be their highest end models
May 23, 2014
627 posts
276 upvotes
canada
Can anyone confirm this deal is nationwide ??
Oct 5, 2011
70 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
ApocDeals wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 1:54 am
Good point. Rather trust a country stand besides you and could send a drone to kill you than the one oversea...
Aug 5, 2013
75 posts
31 upvotes
The fitbit flex is garbage. I've been through 3 and all had flakey connectivity problems. This is $30 to buy yourself frustration.