Hot Deals

[Walmart] Fitness equipment clearance YMMV

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 21st, 2019 11:04 am
Member
May 13, 2015
394 posts
416 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
DinoStriker wrote:
Sep 9th, 2019 10:27 pm
Usually don't have any good deals to post but finally found one, south common mississauga walmart has the CAP 10lb plates for $1 each regular $9.98. They have 30-40 left after I bought some also the other mississauga walmarts have them for $5 or $3.
Dude, you're the man! Amazing deal!

I went to the south common mississauga walmart and bought all of them for $1 each. They had 72 in total. * Thanks bro!!!

Image

Image

Image

Image
Last edited by MrDisco on Sep 11th, 2019 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: flame bait
Sr. Member
Nov 24, 2012
801 posts
571 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
BillyBill wrote:
Sep 10th, 2019 10:34 pm
Dude, you're the man! Amazing deal!
Thanks RfD contributor for sharing a good deal for the benefit of the RfD community...
BillyBill wrote:
Sep 10th, 2019 10:34 pm
...bought all of them for $1 each. They had 72 in total. Going to resell at least half of them on kijiji. Thanks bro!!!
...and then cleans out the supply *, so no other RfD members can get in on the deal.

Thanks bro!!!

EDIT: restore direct quote, BB edited their post after it was quoted.
Last edited by tvisforme on Sep 11th, 2019 2:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Newbie
Jun 26, 2019
82 posts
225 upvotes
BillyBill wrote:
Sep 10th, 2019 10:34 pm
Dude, you're the man! Amazing deal!

I went to the south common mississauga walmart and bought all of them for $1 each. They had 72 in total. Going to resell at least half of them on kijiji. Thanks bro!!!

Image

Image

Image

Image
I can't believe that cart held that.
Banned
Sep 10, 2019
4 posts
6 upvotes
Hopefully some 10lb CAP plates drop to $1 at stores near me. I wouldn't mind making a 40/60/80lb dumbbells considering normal db's will run you $.80-$1/lb.
Member
Nov 20, 2017
289 posts
402 upvotes
dealzhuntr wrote:
Sep 8th, 2019 11:35 pm

I have to wonder if this is true or if it's just something people parrot.
You can read up on it on your own, just like most others do, but it's true.

TL;DR: Free weights train your stabilizer muscles, which are significantly weaker than your large muscles. Your stabilizers will give out earlier, preventing you from pushing your large muscles to the max. Different types of training result in very different outcomes. Militaries focus on functional strength because anything else is for some kind of show.

*
Last edited by MrDisco on Sep 11th, 2019 11:31 am, edited 7 times in total.
Reason: quote was removed
Newbie
Nov 7, 2018
32 posts
25 upvotes
Ottawa
Just called the Walmart at 3900 Innes Rd, Orleans, ON and they wont PM a Quebec Walmart that has the 25lbs or 30lbs on sale for half the price.
Images
  • Screenshot_20190911-090313_Chrome.jpg
Member
May 13, 2015
394 posts
416 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
shinjuku wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 1:19 am
Hopefully some 10lb CAP plates drop to $1 at stores near me. I wouldn't mind making a 40/60/80lb dumbbells considering normal db's will run you $.80-$1/lb.
I just tested these plates out on the adjustable cap dumbbell handles i bought (which were $7 each, $14 for the pair... they're metal and came with screw locks). 4 of these plates only barely fits on one end of the handle, so that is the absolute max. So an 80 pound dumbbell is the max you can make... but it could be a little sketchy because if the screw locks come loose, there is only a few rotations holding them on... so the plates could end up falling off if it comes loose.

so if you bought two handles for $14, then 16 plates for $16... you would get a pair of 80 pound dumbbells for $30 plus tax... which is awesome... but again... you would have to make sure they're tight before every use. The screw ends up being exactly flush with the end of the handle. there is a technique that you can use to tighten it (where you sort of give the plates a twist in opposite directions) and that kind of locks them more in place... but they can still come loose pretty easily in my experience.

edit: and even if you buy some 5 pound and 2.5 pound plates at normal retail price... that's still a good deal if you're making heavier dumbbell sets. They had normal 20 pound cap dumbbells for $14 each, which isn't a bad price, but isn't spectacular either. I didn't bother price checking the higher weight dumbbells (I saw they had some 35 pound dumbbells there too)
Deal Guru
User avatar
Nov 28, 2016
13016 posts
1452 upvotes
Doesnt matter, every…
I sold all my weights and bench this spring after a move and no more room due to a down size. I had a home gym for 20 years about. And now I pay $18 every 2 weeks, go to the gym after work and have worked out more with weights in the last 6 months (as I keep track) than I probably have in the last 5 years combined.

If you have the dedicated room and setup thats great, everything there ready to go. But for the most part you are alone, and unless you have special racks for heavy weights and the room, you wont be able to work out like you want to

To me having it at home, unless you do it right away, it sits, and sits. And sure once in awhile you will get back into it, but then it starts to slide. usualy because you get home, you get doing a few things, you have supper, and then you work out. or will you? You say you will, but you wont

I used to hate the gym, but now its nice to be away from the house, get it done right after work and then have the rest of the evening.

I hope people got a great deal, buts its nice not having all the equipment taking up room for the few hours I would use it a week. To me $18 every 2 weeks is a small price to pay
Deal Guru
User avatar
Nov 28, 2016
13016 posts
1452 upvotes
Doesnt matter, every…
Melkor wrote:
Sep 8th, 2019 10:01 pm
I just picked up the OG treadclimber from kijiji.....FREE

I haven't used it much since I also picked up a like new (plastic still on the computer) nordic track elliptical from kijiji for $50 (man, I love people who buy fitness equipment and dont use it). From what little I've spent on it, it seems like a solid piece of equipment. Got me sweating pretty good.
We sold our treadmill due to room, $800 treadmill for $100 to someone. Oh well, while it was used when we lived out of the city, in the city we dont need it

Wife and I wanted it for fall and winter due to the fact of no light at night. Living in the city with street lights, etc we can do what we need outside now after dark
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 20, 2004
3663 posts
614 upvotes
Mississauga
BillyBill wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 9:36 am
*
I bet there will still be stock in mississauga in a week from now... *
I passed by the one that has 24 where you bought 72. The shelf is still empty.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 29, 2003
4480 posts
2705 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
WikkiWikki wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 11:16 am
I sold all my weights and bench this spring after a move and no more room due to a down size. I had a home gym for 20 years about. And now I pay $18 every 2 weeks, go to the gym after work and have worked out more with weights in the last 6 months (as I keep track) than I probably have in the last 5 years combined.

If you have the dedicated room and setup thats great, everything there ready to go. But for the most part you are alone, and unless you have special racks for heavy weights and the room, you wont be able to work out like you want to

To me having it at home, unless you do it right away, it sits, and sits. And sure once in awhile you will get back into it, but then it starts to slide. usualy because you get home, you get doing a few things, you have supper, and then you work out. or will you? You say you will, but you wont

I used to hate the gym, but now its nice to be away from the house, get it done right after work and then have the rest of the evening.

I hope people got a great deal, buts its nice not having all the equipment taking up room for the few hours I would use it a week. To me $18 every 2 weeks is a small price to pay
That's great that a membership worked out for you.
I meal prep on Sundays for my family of 4 (4 hours), so when I get home from work during the week, my wife can heat up dinner for her and the kids.
As soon as I am in the door I am changing for workout (if I eat, I know I'll make an excuse not to exercise). 30 mins Cardio and 45-60 mins strength training in my garage. I lift around 5 days per week and have consistently for about 2 years. After workout walk dog for 30 mins and then eat dinner around 9 at which point my wife goes to the local pool.

I have a very busy schedule. Mon-Fri I am out the door at 7 and home at 5:15-5:30. With my schedule, a gym wouldn't work for me. I have never set foot in a gym and likely never will. Oh and I can listen to music as loud as I want. The only thing that sucks is the winter. Lifting at -20 is no fun (detached unheated, uninsulated garage).

Honestly, having a home gym has changed my life. It took me many years to learn proper form and I had some injuries along the way.
Jr. Member
Jun 26, 2010
125 posts
91 upvotes
Toronto
Guys, Oshawa Laval Walmart has a few more plates for a dollar and oshawa kingsway Walmart has 25 and 35 lb barbells for 9 dollars (30 elsewhere).
Newbie
Nov 7, 2018
32 posts
25 upvotes
Ottawa
Walmart won't PM Clearance from another Walmart

Walked into Orleans walmart, spoke to a CSM and her words (paraphrasing) 'we dont price match other walmarts clearance prices because they have their own individual sales and clearance stock'.

I'll be emailing walmart customer service to complain.

Top