• Sep 21st, 2019 11:04 am
Nov 23, 2014
400 posts
156 upvotes
Surrey, BC
BrocIlSerbatoio wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 2:29 pm
Walmart won't PM Clearance from another Walmart

Walked into Orleans walmart, spoke to a CSM and her words (paraphrasing) 'we dont price match other walmarts clearance prices because they have their own individual sales and clearance stock'.

I'll be emailing walmart customer service to complain.
This seems pretty reasonable to me, although I'm not an expert on the history of clearance deals across branches :P
Jun 26, 2019
87 posts
230 upvotes
I'm surprised how many people are jealous of the 72 plate guy. Something about bodybuilding always attracts people that have wannabe alpha personally issues. Like go do some cardio and be happy.
Sep 19, 2008
733 posts
412 upvotes
Calgary
dealzhuntr wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 4:31 pm
I'm surprised how many people are jealous of the 72 plate guy. Something about bodybuilding always attracts people that have wannabe alpha personally issues. Like go do some cardio and be happy.
Pretty sure it has nothing to do with bodybuilding bud. Some people just want to be healthy and lift some heavy ass weights
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
2365 posts
2633 upvotes
The benefit of knowing ppl at different cities played to my advantage. A friend of mine picked up some plates from guelph Walmart. The one at 175 stone west. They still have many more as of 720 PM.
When you upvote my posts, this is what happens:
My wife loves me more😂, my car goes faster😎, my house becomes bigger😐, My boss gives me a raise😁.

Fact check, none of the above is valid.
May 15, 2012
76 posts
16 upvotes
BRANTFORD
did anyone go to store where they had lots????? here in brantford sold out
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
2365 posts
2633 upvotes
lilchupacabra wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 8:00 pm
did anyone go to store where they had lots????? here in brantford sold out
Guelph south as per my post above.
When you upvote my posts, this is what happens:
My wife loves me more😂, my car goes faster😎, my house becomes bigger😐, My boss gives me a raise😁.

Fact check, none of the above is valid.
Jan 9, 2014
623 posts
462 upvotes
Regina
BrocIlSerbatoio wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 2:29 pm
Walmart won't PM Clearance from another Walmart

Walked into Orleans walmart, spoke to a CSM and her words (paraphrasing) 'we dont price match other walmarts clearance prices because they have their own individual sales and clearance stock'.

I'll be emailing walmart customer service to complain.
It's actually true. They also don't do price adjustments on clearance items. Ofc most reps don't care and will do it anyways =)
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
1042 posts
1918 upvotes
Markham
Want functional strength? Do body weight exercises, then wear weighted vests when you are ready.
Nov 7, 2018
33 posts
25 upvotes
Ottawa
I got a friend in another city grab me some dumbbells. When he travels up next week to visit family,He'll drop them off and get paid.
Nov 24, 2012
801 posts
574 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
MyUsernameDoesntMatter wrote:
Sep 9th, 2019 12:16 am
If you can't haul yourself into a gym regularly or are just trying to save money then choose what works for you and will get you pushing yourself. Any exercise I'd better than making excuses such as it's snowing and not going to workout at all.
Agreed. I've read about the limitations of the Bowflex-type machines, but by luck one came up on Craigslist for free this past week. That's a pretty good price for something that - like the old treadmill we acquired from a relative - is enough to get one started and comfortable enough to graduate to better gear.
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2009
3134 posts
593 upvotes
Toronto
Melkor wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 12:04 pm
The only thing that sucks is the winter. Lifting at -20 is no fun (detached unheated, uninsulated garage).
just curious how you cope with this ?

i am thinking about using my garage and this is my main concern

i assume a spot heater would work, turn it on a little before you plan to work out ?
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
4480 posts
2712 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
dchabby wrote:
Sep 14th, 2019 8:47 am
just curious how you cope with this ?

i am thinking about using my garage and this is my main concern

i assume a spot heater would work, turn it on a little before you plan to work out ?
You can do that. On those really bitter cold Jan-Feb days, I'll run a space heater to warm my hands on, but that's only on exceptionally cold days.

I do 30 mins of cardio in my basement prior to going outside and I'm sweating my butt off. After that, long John's, sweatpants, workout shirt, hoodie and toque. I use full finger cross fit gloves (I hate gloves for the record) because grabbing the bars would be impossible.

I still sweat pretty good out there even in the cold and after the first few super cold days, you get used to it. No excuses!
Images
  • 20190914_101340.jpg
Feb 7, 2012
5 posts
1 upvote
OTTAWA
Thanks for posting this and also for sharing the website re stock left. Never knew something like that existed.