• Aug 9th, 2019 4:04 pm
[OP]
Dec 28, 2011
16 posts
38 upvotes
MONTR

[Walmart] Hamilton Beach - 4 Slice Toaster Oven - $19.88

Available online and in-store.
Last edited by leafs1967 on Jul 8th, 2019 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title edit
31 replies
Mar 26, 2019
44 posts
38 upvotes
I just had my toaster oven die last week. Perfect timing. Hope this will be a good replacement. Thanks op!
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2005
1532 posts
434 upvotes
Montréal, QC
Is it better a regular toaster or a toaster oven?
Jun 27, 2012
744 posts
1103 upvotes
Bought this same model last year for same price. For what it is and considering the price, you can't really complain. I've used it like 100+ times now and have not had any issues. Only thing to note is that the tray can rust pretty easily. I had it submerged in water for a couple hours and now I have some brown marks on the tray. Still very much usable though and doesn't bother me.

Just a basic, small, toaster oven but it does the job and does it well. Would recommend.
2010-2019 Contest Winnings = $0
Feb 23, 2010
106 posts
112 upvotes
Clee wrote:
Jul 8th, 2019 12:32 pm
Is it better a regular toaster or a toaster oven?
Toasters are a bit faster but have a very specific usage. Ovens, on the other hand, are great to prepare and re-heat meals without making them mushy (think about re-heating pizza slices in the microwave).
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2005
1532 posts
434 upvotes
Montréal, QC
Jebediah wrote:
Jul 8th, 2019 12:48 pm
Toasters are a bit faster but have a very specific usage. Ovens, on the other hand, are great to prepare and re-heat meals without making them mushy (think about re-heating pizza slices in the microwave).
How long does it take for toasts? I was looking for a regular toaster this week-end at Walmart but didn't see anything that I liked. I might go for the oven instead.
Jun 27, 2012
744 posts
1103 upvotes
3 minutes or so.
2010-2019 Contest Winnings = $0
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2008
1175 posts
728 upvotes
Hamilton
Saukrates wrote:
Jul 8th, 2019 12:48 pm
Bought this same model last year for same price. For what it is and considering the price, you can't really complain. I've used it like 100+ times now and have not had any issues. Only thing to note is that the tray can rust pretty easily. I had it submerged in water for a couple hours and now I have some brown marks on the tray. Still very much usable though and doesn't bother me.

Just a basic, small, toaster oven but it does the job and does it well. Would recommend.

I concur with the rusting tray.

One thing that bothers me is a lack of indicator light to show you have reached the desired temperature. You have to twist the temperature control knob until you feel a click to know the correct temperature has been reached.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
3106 posts
1822 upvotes
Vancouver
I have the bigger version of this (6 bread version) and it works well and has worked well for over 2 years now. The best part about this is it works with smart plugs (note check power output of smartplugs). Just pre set all the dials at night and i can power it on when i wake up in the morning (so toast are ready by the time you make it to the kitchen).

The other advantage of toaster oven is you can toast your bread with things like cheese instead of toasting then microwaving (if you want to melt cheese, peanut butter, or other spreads).
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2015
1322 posts
758 upvotes
Toronto, ON
A great price indeed
4 slice could be a bit small though, for family use better 6-slice or more
Sep 20, 2018
225 posts
229 upvotes
Montreal
RFD making me wonder if I need a toaster oven Face With Tears Of Joy
Apr 1, 2017
883 posts
1440 upvotes
Wow, this price is in disposable territory. I bought the Breville Smart Oven Pro for $240 + tax last year. In hindsight, this $20 oven would do what I need just fine Face With Tears Of Joy
Blowing all savings from RFD on deals from RFD 😂
Dec 8, 2012
552 posts
210 upvotes
Calgary
that's cool, my 6-years old black&decker is dying so I was looking to upgrade it. This is one of my favorite applicances, we use it all the time. For pizza, fish, meat o bread it's myuch better than microwave
Oct 14, 2009
23 posts
14 upvotes
Any suggestions to reach the $50 min for free shipping? I am assuming we can’t mix with the grocery things...