Expired Hot Deals

[Walmart] Hisense 55H9908 55" H9908 ULED (Like QLED) [Android TV, 120Hz, Wide Gamut, Dolby Vision] - $498 [HOT!], $479 [REFURB]

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 19th, 2020 2:07 am
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
1681 posts
2258 upvotes
BC
dickybird wrote: Does anyone have problems connecting to the WiFi? it will connect for a few seconds and then off, same problem with connecting directly with a ethernet cable.
Therefore can't do update's, netflix and others
Had the same issue with wifi but was able to use ethernet to do updates. Wifi worked fine afterwards.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2004
1119 posts
356 upvotes
Victoria
Did that 3 times, no go
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2004
1119 posts
356 upvotes
Victoria
peakingduck wrote: Had the same issue with wifi but was able to use ethernet to do updates. Wifi worked fine afterwards.
ethernet did not work either
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
12848 posts
13585 upvotes
He may want to try turning off wifi security and moving the router closer or connecting to a repeater.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
47374 posts
5305 upvotes
Toronto
redflagdealsguy wrote: He may want to try turning off wifi security and moving the router closer or connecting to a repeater.
If he has a data plan and can spare 1GB of data then i would just tether and make my phone a wifi hotspot and put it next to the TV, that surely should work lol. The updates aren't 1GB, probably more like 500 MB or less i think.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
12848 posts
13585 upvotes
Jimboski wrote: If he has a data plan and can spare 1GB of data then i would just tether and make my phone a wifi hotspot and put it next to the TV, that surely should work lol. The updates aren't 1GB, probably more like 500 MB or less i think.
Another excellent option.
Jul 21, 2011
77 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto
Has anyone noticed some jaggedness/motion lag playing youtube videos and on chromecast with 4k? I seem to notice it on mine
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
47374 posts
5305 upvotes
Toronto
batman2002 wrote: Has anyone noticed some jaggedness/motion lag playing youtube videos and on chromecast with 4k? I seem to notice it on mine
Chromecast will always lag when casting, especially 4K content. I think "casting" is less demanding than "mirroring", not too sure the specifics in that.

What kind of motion lag are you getting, have you played around with the motion interpolation settings?
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
12848 posts
13585 upvotes
batman2002 wrote: Has anyone noticed some jaggedness/motion lag playing youtube videos and on chromecast with 4k? I seem to notice it on mine
One of the noted weaknesses of the TV is weak WiFi reception. This improves with updates but isn't 100% addressed. I don't know if that's the issue here, but it could play a role. Alternatives include wired Ethernet, bringing the router closer, using a repeater, and increasing the transmission power beyond the FCC rated maximum on custom router firmware.
Jul 21, 2011
77 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto
redflagdealsguy wrote: One of the noted weaknesses of the TV is weak WiFi reception. This improves with updates but isn't 100% addressed. I don't know if that's the issue here, but it could play a role. Alternatives include wired Ethernet, bringing the router closer, using a repeater, and increasing the transmission power beyond the FCC rated maximum on custom router firmware.
I'm using Rogers 1G ignite, so I think speed should not be an issue.
Jul 21, 2011
77 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto
Jimboski wrote: Chromecast will always lag when casting, especially 4K content. I think "casting" is less demanding than "mirroring", not too sure the specifics in that.

What kind of motion lag are you getting, have you played around with the motion interpolation settings?
It's not really lag in the sense that the thing is choppy, but it certainly isn't smooth. I turned motion enhancement off as recommended by rtings, but it just seems to not be that smooth. Both the YouTube app on the TV and chromecast look similiar.
Last edited by batman2002 on Aug 8th, 2019 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.