Expired Hot Deals

[Walmart] Hisense 55H9908 55" H9908 ULED (Like QLED) [Android TV, 120Hz, Wide Gamut, Dolby Vision] - $498 [HOT!], $479 [REFURB]

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 19th, 2020 2:07 am
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
47374 posts
5305 upvotes
Toronto
user95 wrote: If it is not a software or wifi problem, I may have a fix. I found lots of stuttering/image lag during fast moving scenes even with motion enhancement turned off and on every source possible (chrome cast, Blu Ray player, etc).
After selecting the ‘custom’ option in motion enhancement and setting the Judder Enhancement to zero, it seems to have drastically reduced the choppiness.
Yeah. De-Blur 10 and De-Judder 0-3 is good, that's what i use for my TV for most content.
Nov 7, 2016
499 posts
191 upvotes
Ontario
My TV had a third update today out of the blue:
Calibrated mode has switched to Theater Night. Still no Home Theater setting, just a Day and Night one.
SW Ver 01A.J0515
Security patch Feb. 5 '19

I tried moving our router all over to see if there was anymore (this is the third update.) But its still saying update to date no matter what I try...
·Ï¢årµ§·
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2004
1119 posts
356 upvotes
Victoria
dickybird wrote: Well phone support this morning, they will send me a USB stick with the updates or send a technician to address my WiFi issue, hoping for the best
Technician showed up hours after phoning Hisense support this morning, now that's fast awesome costumer service from Hisense.
Nothing wrong with the TV, problem was one of the cables was jammed in between the TV and wall bracket although cable was not damaged both the back of the TV and the bracket are metal and might have caused the problem. Soon as the cable was re routed all is well, WiFi and 3 updates.
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Mar 29, 2019
120 posts
127 upvotes
Finally got my order this week and had time to set yesterday. Just awesome for the price we paid. This is going in a family room and if we are lucky might get 5% HDR content so I’m not concerned with the brightness it’s fantastic for what we need.

Had no problems updating (stopped with the Feb 2019 update) and doesn’t appear to be any picture problems so far yet I haven’t tested fully. However the problem we have run into is that the TV doesn’t appear to have an antenna (OTA) guide and we use the TV 90% for that as we get 30 channels OTA. Am I missing something in the settings for a TV guide or are we out of luck?
Sep 23, 2003
246 posts
54 upvotes
GTA
Finally picked up the TV this weekend. WOW its amazing quality. I have 3 year old Sony 1080P TV and this TV is in a totally different class. AMAZING.....there is no comparison to my 1080P Sony.
Best RFD Deal in the last few months.
Seems to play MKV and MP4 formats with no issues
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
47374 posts
5305 upvotes
Toronto
gordga wrote: Finally picked up the TV this weekend. WOW its amazing quality. I have 3 year old Sony 1080P TV and this TV is in a totally different class. AMAZING.....there is no comparison to my 1080P Sony.
Best RFD Deal in the last few months.
Seems to play MKV and MP4 formats with no issues
Happy to help, happy that you're happy lol.

I personally bought 2. First was with the $598 pricing and i bought a second one at the $498 pricing just in case for whatever reason the $598 price adjustment wouldn't be allowed but it was allowed no hassles. Not sure yet if i want to keep both or return the second one lol.

Three 4K TV's in one month, wallet is empty..
Dec 28, 2006
577 posts
111 upvotes
I have used the TV for over a week now and here are my thoughts:

Pros:
  • Way faster starting up and navigating compared to my old 50" 2017 Hisense H6 (only about a second to start up vs. a good 10 second delay with the H6)
  • The upgrade in size from 50" to 55" is definitely a noticeable jump
  • Better motion handing than my old 60Hz TV
  • WCG
  • Looks really nice with the thin bezel and profile
  • Can play both HDR10 and Dolby Vision content
Cons:
  • Local Dimming is very uneven
  • Some noticeble light bleed on the left part of the screen when local dimming is on max (about an inch and a half in all the way down on the left, or my right from the couch). This doesn't happen with all scenes. Turning off the local dimming gets rid of the bleed
  • Black bars aren't pitch black like an OLED or a high end backlit set with full array local dimming (or the beast of a 34" CRT HDTV I still have in the bedroom)
  • Halo effects around bright objects with dark backgrounds
  • Doesn't have the brightness to really display the HDR content as intended (Still brighter than my old TV and the HD CRT I own)

Overall, it's a great upgrade for me and I am very happy with the TV for the price. Would I rather have the 2019 model that's backlit instead of edgelit and has full array local dimming? Sure, but not at more than double the price. At the price the 2019 models are selling for, I would just look for a clearance 2018 OLED instead, but didn't want to spend over $1000 on a TV right now. If the 2019 models drop below $600 next year or a new OLED (not used or refurbished) drops to less than 1K, I may be tempted to upgrade again, but for now I will enjoy this TV.
Oct 20, 2007
349 posts
78 upvotes
if anyone in the downtown toronto area got an extra one or is looking to return one, I'll buy it
Sep 12, 2017
11 posts
12 upvotes
FactoryDirect had my 65'' with panel damage picked up. When they received it they asked for pictures since they couldn't see any issue. I sent the pictures and said that if the replacement unit is the same, I'd rather get the transaction cancelled. They said the replacement they were about to ship was similar, so they issued a refund on my credit card instead.

A whole lot of trouble for nothing, but I'm glad I ended up with a full refund and not store credit. Would have been a great deal for a 65'' high quality TV at 838$ taxes and shipping included.

Maybe I'm just too picky, coming from a plasma TV. But even my girlfriend noticed something was wrong as soon as she saw it... I'm really disappointed in FactoryDirect since they say "the product works the same as a brand new one".

Back to refreshing RFD all the time for new TV deals Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Sep 12, 2017
11 posts
12 upvotes
It went back in the box pretty quick, I don't usually keep a TV on the carpet of my living room ;)

Android TV was nice, I doubt I can go back to an "homemade" OS from Sony
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
5612 posts
2354 upvotes
BojackHorsePerson wrote: It went back in the box pretty quick, I don't usually keep a TV on the carpet of my living room ;)

Android TV was nice, I doubt I can go back to an "homemade" OS from Sony
What's wrong with the contrast and brightness? That is at best a blurry grey color
Sep 8, 2017
8 posts
12 upvotes
Got mine last week, and set it up today - seemed to take a long time for all the updates to take hold. Main issue I have with it is that when using the built-in apps the video playback stutters considerably. However, if using an external source (cable box, Xbox) it is fine. I watch a lot of Youtube on my main TV, so to avoid the stuttering I have plugged in a Chromecast which works perfectly with no stutters. Is the WiFi on this thing really that bad?