Expired Hot Deals

[Walmart] Hisense 55H9908 55" H9908 ULED (Like QLED) [Android TV, 120Hz, Wide Gamut, Dolby Vision] - $498 [HOT!], $479 [REFURB]

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 19th, 2020 2:07 am
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
12848 posts
13585 upvotes
spender2017 wrote: Got mine last week, and set it up today - seemed to take a long time for all the updates to take hold. Main issue I have with it is that when using the built-in apps the video playback stutters considerably. However, if using an external source (cable box, Xbox) it is fine. I watch a lot of Youtube on my main TV, so to avoid the stuttering I have plugged in a Chromecast which works perfectly with no stutters. Is the WiFi on this thing really that bad?
WiFi should be fine with the updates.

Consider following Jim's advice below for the stuttering.
Jimboski wrote: Yeah. De-Blur 10 and De-Judder 0-3 is good, that's what i use for my TV for most content.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
1615 posts
898 upvotes
Kitchener
spender2017 wrote: Got mine last week, and set it up today - seemed to take a long time for all the updates to take hold. Main issue I have with it is that when using the built-in apps the video playback stutters considerably. However, if using an external source (cable box, Xbox) it is fine. I watch a lot of Youtube on my main TV, so to avoid the stuttering I have plugged in a Chromecast which works perfectly with no stutters. Is the WiFi on this thing really that bad?
The wireless was fine on mine for youtube and netflix, but really struggled with Plex. I wired it up and now it's perfect.
Deal Addict
May 8, 2002
4448 posts
772 upvotes
Anyone install PrimeVideo and have any issues with the TV keeping your credentials? If I don't use the app for 3 or so days, I have to re-login every time
Jun 10, 2013
97 posts
36 upvotes
SAINT-CONSTANT
Does anyone else have any issues with dark scenes? The blacks have a greenish hue and look a bit cloudy.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
1615 posts
898 upvotes
Kitchener
joshmxpx wrote: Anyone install PrimeVideo and have any issues with the TV keeping your credentials? If I don't use the app for 3 or so days, I have to re-login every time
Yeah same issue with the apk I linked in this thread ealier.

If anyone has time to experiment with other apks and finds one not doing this please let us know.

Question - are you logging in or doing to code verification via the website? I am doing the code and I have to redo it every few days if I dont use the app. Wondering if you login does that still happen.
Deal Addict
May 8, 2002
4448 posts
772 upvotes
keyser-soze wrote: Yeah same issue with the apk I linked in this thread ealier.

If anyone has time to experiment with other apks and finds one not doing this please let us know.

Question - are you logging in or doing to code verification via the website? I am doing the code and I have to redo it every few days if I dont use the app. Wondering if you login does that still happen.
Logging in doesn't work anyway, you will ultimately be redirected to the code process even if you login with email/password

Not a huge deal for me as we rarely use prime, just an annoyance, combined with the fact that the prime app doesn't let you use your phone keyboard for entry...
Oct 28, 2006
568 posts
275 upvotes
Alberta
I have an unopened unit if any one in Edmonton want it PM me. At cost of course. I have till aug 27 to return it.
Thanks
Deal Addict
May 23, 2008
2002 posts
345 upvotes
Vaughan, Ontario
Will this TV receive Android 9 or 10 update?
Mar 29, 2019
120 posts
127 upvotes
ma678 wrote: Will this TV receive Android 9 or 10 update?
Not sure. Hoping it at least will get the Prime Video update. Emailed Hisense and no response, so we get what we pay for :)
Deal Addict
May 23, 2008
2002 posts
345 upvotes
Vaughan, Ontario
Does anyone watch OTA channels on this TV? How do you add channels under Live Channel app? Thanks
Jul 17, 2007
386 posts
16 upvotes
Half a year in, anybody else experiencing problems with the TV? Mine developed banding issues about a month ago. Contacted Hisense Canada and they say it's not a Canadian model. Contacted Hisense USA, and they won't help because the TV is in Canada. They're perplexed as to why it was even sold in Canada. Walmart Canada refuses to help, only saying to "contact the manufacturer". WTF? So basically Walmart sold a TV with no usable manufacturer's warranty. Any advice?
Nov 7, 2016
499 posts
191 upvotes
Ontario
Ugh, I'd be hassling Walmart & Hisense for sure about that.
Mines been ok thankfully, though they did change the settings in one update.
Last edited by IcarusLSC on Dec 27th, 2019 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
·Ï¢årµ§·
Deal Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
9986 posts
4100 upvotes
Toronto
doltbuster wrote: Half a year in, anybody else experiencing problems with the TV? Mine developed banding issues about a month ago. Contacted Hisense Canada and they say it's not a Canadian model. Contacted Hisense USA, and they won't help because the TV is in Canada. They're perplexed as to why it was even sold in Canada. Walmart Canada refuses to help, only saying to "contact the manufacturer". WTF? So basically Walmart sold a TV with no usable manufacturer's warranty. Any advice?
I don't know how much help this will be, but:
Check you facts first. What does your receipt say about warranty? and /or what did the product page say at the time. It sounds more like a miscommunication to me. It seems very unlikely that Walmart Canada sold you an American model supplied from Hisense USA, so forget about them for now.
If they are all running you around in circles, stop talking on the phone and send/receive Emails only. Get the names/emails of Customer Service Managers for both WM and Hisense Canada and CC them on each communication, if you are Emailing general CS, and if it isn't working, start contacting them directly. If all else fails, contact provincial and federal Consumer Protection Agencies and make formal complaints. The question to ask Walmart is, Did they sell you an American model, without a warranty, without disclosing that fact. The one to ask Hisense Canada is Did they supply said model to Walmart Canada for sale, and if not, how and who are you expected to get warranty coverage from, and show them the Walmart product page.
I would give my life to protect your right to say something really funking stupid.
Jul 17, 2007
386 posts
16 upvotes
Update to my case. I made a complaint to the Better Business Bureau and within a couple of days a Walmart rep contacted me and told me to bring it to any Walmart store for an exchange. It's a good thing I kept the box. Spent an hour at the store since they didn't really know how to process the exchange. Ended up getting the 55q7809 from this thread . Fingers crossed it's not a dud. Think I'll just buy my next TV from Costco.

P.s. Thanks for the advice everyone