Expired Hot Deals

[Walmart] Hockey stick CCM 3092 - 0,02$

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 25th, 2020 2:11 pm
Jun 12, 2019
172 posts
206 upvotes
I also got denied at checkout , the item automatically called the assistant over and she explained that the stick isn't for sale because it's being recalled... The 0.02 train may be over . This was at Walmart Gloucester
Last edited by Dealscavenger613 on Feb 18th, 2020 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Apr 23, 2004
10705 posts
117787 upvotes
Montreal
Hi there,

And you wonder why I call this borderline fraud for penny items...
inferno_gn wrote: Hi there,

I don't get you all. As I mention before, penny items usually means is to remove them all floor either to be return to the manufacturer request nor there is a issue with the product. Sometimes, items can be left at on floor, so if customers ever happen to pick it up and went to the cash to buy them, cashiers are instructed not to sell them and inform the management so the item can be pull off the floor.

So, I don't know what some RFDer think it's ok using the self-check out to avoid cashiers, knowing why they are scanning at a penny, it is borderline fraud...

Walmart isn't the only retailer that does this system...

Ju Leon...

There is a reason why it is mark down to those prices, it is to be pull off the floor, for whatever reasons and sometimes price changes was done during the day and management didn't got the time to do it or didn't get the memo, or whatever reasons why it's still on the floor. That's why at the cash, cashiers are told not to sell any penny items.

Well, it is borderline fraud, because you know these 2 cents items will be stop at the cash (it has been reported so many times). So, what you guys do? Check out at the self-check out and hopefully the person there keeping an eye on you won't stop you then simply run off with your receipt after "paying", since it is now legally yours, so if anyone stop you after you're done at self-check out, they can't legally stop you. There are many posts like that all over and debate here and there.

Ju Leon...

There are many reasons and they don't have to tell the customer anything, that's why they say it's been recalled. Most likely are these 2 reasons...

- It can be recalled due to safety issues or defect.
- Manufacture or distributor requested for item not to be sold or request to pull off the shelf and to be return to vendor.

Ju Leon...
Ju Leon...
Jul 22, 2015
429 posts
692 upvotes
Toronto, ON

Ju Leon...

Hi There.

Don't participate then.

It's not stealing. it's not fraud. Once transaction is completed it's a done deal.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2006
1502 posts
1621 upvotes
Canada

Ju Leon...
Man,you gotta chill,relax. That term "you must be fun at parties" come to mind

J.C ......
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2011
1008 posts
604 upvotes
Superjester wrote: Hi There.

Don't participate then.

It's not stealing. it's not fraud. Once transaction is completed it's a done deal.
Exactly. If they don't want to sell it at 2 cents, then they should put the price at something higher like $2000.
[OP]
Oct 10, 2016
137 posts
177 upvotes
I just grab 2 more in another location in Quebec City. The transaction went without any problème at self checkout. This time, the mobile app worked and I didn’t have to bring 15 sticks to a price scanner...
Sep 3, 2002
956 posts
405 upvotes
GTA
OldMarriedGuy wrote: Use the self checkout machines and then gtfo of there.
My Walmart has turned into a prison with gates everywhere and a Costco-esque receipt checker.
[OP]
Oct 10, 2016
137 posts
177 upvotes

Then why don't you all go to the normal cash or you're scared?

Ju Leon...
I don’t know for the rest of Canada, but in Quebec all you need to have a valid transaction is an offer and an acceptation. While using self service checkout, you get the 0,02$ offer from the system and you give your acceptation by completing the transaction.

If you go to cashier and he/she refuse to sell when seeing the price in the system, then there’s no offer from Walmart.

If Walmart sees a problems in this, that’s a civil one, not a criminal. They sure can try to break each and single contract (transaction) but that’ll cost them way more that just letting it go.
Mar 17, 2017
90 posts
23 upvotes
elfen2 wrote: Exactly. If they don't want to sell it at 2 cents, then they should put the price at something higher like $2000.
Exactly, or better have the store managers have few merchandizers working (move a few limbs ) and clear it off the floor ...and not waste RFDers precious time.
Dec 22, 2014
2 posts
2 upvotes
Kingston
Just got 3 in Trenton without an issue! Love the self checkout!
Aug 11, 2016
17 posts
63 upvotes
Anyone finding the intermediate lefts on for this price at their Walmarts?
Dec 8, 2009
285 posts
234 upvotes

Ju Leon...
It's not fraud and it's on Walmart for their own stupid system. They should be setting the price to something high like $999,999 instead. Problem solved.

If they leave something on the shelf for sale at that price then it's just like every other item in the store. The customer can purchase it at whatever price, but at the same time Walmart can still stop the person before they purchase it and be within their right.