Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Walmart

*HOT* iPad Pro 10.5 (Gen 2) 512GB $799.00 (also *Mild* 64GB $599)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 19th, 2020 2:59 pm
Jan 14, 2013
332 posts
330 upvotes
Ontario
Justin wrote: Doesn’t the new iPad Air 3 have better specs than last years Pro?
10.5 Pro has 2 more speakers and ProMotion (dynamic refresh rate)... Air 3 has a newer processor but I believe the 10.5 still hasn't maxed out the A10X.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
4533 posts
5072 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
The air has a better processor, but the pro has their 120Hz refresh rate screen which is a huuuuge difference in daily usage (it's also brighter). The iPad processors are already so fast it's not really a big deal to go back a generation or two on those unless you're hardcore gaming or really need the speed.

The air has some advantages (processor, wifi, bluetooth, etc), but it really comes down to your expected usage.

https://www.apple.com/ca/ipad/compare/
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2004
6651 posts
995 upvotes
GTA
jase wrote: I ended up getting this deal. Thanks OP.

Here's a link to MacRumors comparing the iPad Pro 2017 (this deal) vs iPad Air 2019:
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/20 ... o.2173777/

Summary from that article:

The new iPad Air starts at $150 less than the 10.5-inch iPad Pro and thus has some tradeoffs: two speakers versus four, no ProMotion display, and a lower-end 8-megapixel rear camera with no LED flash or optical image stabilization.
The new iPad Air has the same dimensions, thinness, and overall appearance as 10.5-inch iPad Pro.
Both iPads have a 10.5-inch Retina display with 264 PPI, headphone jack, Touch ID, Lightning connector, 7-megapixel front camera, up to 10 hours of battery life, and 802.11ac Wi-Fi.
The new iPad Air has some advantages: faster A12 Bionic chip vs. A10X Fusion, Gigabit-class LTE vs. LTE Advanced, and Bluetooth 5.0 vs 4.2.The new iPad Air can be ordered starting today with in-store availability beginning next week in the United States and many other regions.

I think basically with the Pro, you're paying for a better display (120 Hz vs 60 Hz refresh) and better speakers, better graphics performance, and camera. With the Air, you're getting better Bluetooth, A12 processor (11000 Geekbench I think vs 9000 on A10X in the Pro).

And someone apparently found a DIY fix for the white spot problems too:
https://www.reddit.com/r/ipad/comments/ ... ro_bright/
I would be more concerned with the possibility of an expanding battery vs fixing the spot with suction cups...
Dec 20, 2010
452 posts
157 upvotes
Toronto
I, too, have fallen prey to this deal. 512gb that i'm never going to need....

Although I really wanted one in Space Grey... I had to settle for Silver. Not a fan of the white bezel.

Was anyone actually able to get the Space Grey one? or was it sold out from the get go?
Gullible? Click here to find out!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2008
5408 posts
11431 upvotes
Ottawa
oo7ibm wrote: I, too, have fallen prey to this deal. 512gb that i'm never going to need....

Although I really wanted one in Space Grey... I had to settle for Silver. Not a fan of the white bezel.

Was anyone actually able to get the Space Grey one? or was it sold out from the get go?
There were just 15 available at the time of the price drop yesterday.
42 silver - now OOS
32 gold - now 19
17 rose gold - now 4

37 left of 64gb gold
Jun 1, 2009
957 posts
185 upvotes
Toronto
I had a silver one and by the time I entered my cc info it was oos.

RFD effect is real lol
Dec 20, 2010
452 posts
157 upvotes
Toronto
I must have sniped the last silver... It went OOS right after my order!

Although i'm still on the fence about this one.... the deal is amazing but the colour may be a deal breaker for me!
Gullible? Click here to find out!
Feb 1, 2012
765 posts
427 upvotes
Montreal
Bought a few minutes before you and it was already sold out.
oo7ibm wrote: I, too, have fallen prey to this deal. 512gb that i'm never going to need....

Apr 7, 2019
300 posts
237 upvotes
KT2312 wrote: Alright folks.
I did a sacrifice for all of you on the fence.
I bought it. So you don't have to resist a lot.... I tried multiple times resisting.

Just like in blackjack, I took one for the team.

Now, explain the wife, why we just bought a new iPad pro Smiling Face With HaloSmiling Face With Smiling EyesFace With Tears Of Joy
It's better to ask forgiveness than permission Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
4264 posts
7110 upvotes
Unless you are apple user specifically.. At this price.. Why wouldn't you go for Samsung tab 6 instead? It makes it at the same price range...
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2007
4795 posts
3847 upvotes
GTA
renegadeavenger wrote: Unless you are apple user specifically.. At this price.. Why wouldn't you go for Samsung tab 6 instead? It makes it at the same price range...
Because you usually want support for your product after 2 years.

Android tablets are effectively dead. iPads have cornered the tablet market.
Dec 7, 2011
153 posts
17 upvotes
Laval, QC
I just bought the 512 model in gold! Not my colour of preference, but it will have to do. Really wanted the 11" Pro, but the price is way too crazy at the moment.

Thanks OP.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
4264 posts
7110 upvotes
ADRiiAN` wrote: Because you usually want support for your product after 2 years.

Android tablets are effectively dead. iPads have cornered the tablet market.
Well I wouldn't say the cause of Android tablets being dead is because the tablet is unpopular.

The problem is phones keep getting larger and tablets is such a niche market now...
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
8541 posts
2655 upvotes
Toronto
sw686blue wrote: I just bought the 512 model in gold! Not my colour of preference, but it will have to do. Really wanted the 11" Pro, but the price is way too crazy at the moment.

Thanks OP.

I am waiting for the 12.9 to go on sale hopefully on Boxing Day.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2009
1224 posts
1331 upvotes
Calgary
I saw this last night through a Google price alert but decided to wait. I don’t really need it but I guess I should of bought it then and thought about it after.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
4373 posts
6939 upvotes
Technically yes, in terms of CPU performance the A12 is better. In terms of graphical performance, the A10X is still much better. As an overall package, feature and performance wise, the Pro is still superior.

Also to the person asking earlier. I got a Space Gray 512GB. I ordered it just before creating the thread.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)