Expired Hot Deals

[Walmart] *HOT* iPad Pro 10.5 (Gen 2) 512GB $799.00 (also *Mild* 64GB $599)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 19th, 2020 2:59 pm
Oct 19, 2015
698 posts
943 upvotes
Vancouver
UltimateB wrote: I saw this last night through a Google price alert but decided to wait. I don’t really need it but I guess I should of bought it then and thought about it after.
do you mind sharing how you do this?
i thought it was only for US deals.
Oct 16, 2007
485 posts
128 upvotes
Montr
vivibaby wrote: This is a good deal? Costco was clearing the 256 for 600 months ago!
That's a very good price. At first i wanted the Samsung S5e but this iPad seems much more powerful. S5e is 480$ and the iPad 64GB is 600$... Now i don't know if i should get the Samsung or wait for another deal on the iPads. I'm confused!
Apr 26, 2009
552 posts
386 upvotes
Calgary
fpenguin wrote: do you mind sharing how you do this?
i thought it was only for US deals.
I have no idea how I did that. Maybe it just knew as I was doing some searches for iPad pros on clearance.
Penalty Box
May 15, 2016
5058 posts
1729 upvotes
lefroset wrote: Yeah that Costco deal was better, but.. time machine
It's just that there was less hype about it then than there is now. Don't forget the new ipad is coming out next year and this will be 2 generations and 4 years old.
Oct 16, 2007
485 posts
128 upvotes
Montr
vivibaby wrote: It's just that there was less hype about it then than there is now. Don't forget the new ipad is coming out next year and this will be 2 generations and 4 years old.
Still faster than the new Samsung S6, no?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
1357 posts
1945 upvotes
vivibaby wrote: It's just that there was less hype about it then than there is now. Don't forget the new ipad is coming out next year and this will be 2 generations and 4 years old.
It doesn't really matter that it will be 2 generations old. It's faster than everything that has currently released this year.

The base 2019 iPad still has the A10 chip from 2016 in it. Much worse than the A10X in the Pro.
The Air/Mini have the A12 chip, marginally faster CPU performance sure, but quite a bit worse GPU performance than the A10X in the Pro.

The Pro has 4GB RAM, vs 3GB in the base, Air, and Mini.
The Pro has the laminated 120Hz ProMotion display with true tone which is the same as the current 2018 Pro. While the Air/Mini are laminated but 60Hz, and the base isn't laminated and also lacks true tone.
The Pro has quad stereo speakers, 2 on all of the others.
The cameras are only beaten by the 2018 Pro.
It still has a headphone jack for those that want legacy connections.
etc.

The Pro after 3 years, is still a better product than iPads that are 0 years old. It's a testament to how good of a job Apple did with the 10.5 Pro, that it's proving to be so competitive still.

So what if a new Pro comes out next year. This will just be slower than other Pro's, but still superior to everything else. It will perform amazingly well for the vast majority of people for the next 4 or 5 years. And if you got the 512GB, you have a ton of space available. You shouldn't focus on the age of the iPad, but the quality and what it still offers. Which is a better experience than the entire lineup that isn't named 2018 Pro, or 2020 Pro.
Penalty Box
May 15, 2016
5058 posts
1729 upvotes
Neutral Face
Caerus wrote: It doesn't really matter that it will be 2 generations old. It's faster than everything that has currently released this year.

The base 2019 iPad still has the A10 chip from 2016 in it. Much worse than the A10X in the Pro.
The Air/Mini have the A12 chip, marginally faster CPU performance sure, but quite a bit worse GPU performance than the A10X in the Pro.

The Pro has 4GB RAM, vs 3GB in the base, Air, and Mini.
The Pro has the laminated 120Hz ProMotion display with true tone which is the same as the current 2018 Pro. While the Air/Mini are laminated but 60Hz, and the base isn't laminated and also lacks true tone.
The Pro has quad stereo speakers, 2 on all of the others.
The cameras are only beaten by the 2018 Pro.
It still has a headphone jack for those that want legacy connections.
etc.

The Pro after 3 years, is still a better product than iPads that are 0 years old. It's a testament to how good of a job Apple did with the 10.5 Pro, that it's proving to be so competitive still.

So what if a new Pro comes out next year. This will just be slower than other Pro's, but still superior to everything else. It will perform amazingly well for the vast majority of people for the next 4 or 5 years. And if you got the 512GB, you have a ton of space available. You shouldn't focus on the age of the iPad, but the quality and what it still offers. Which is a better experience than the entire lineup that isn't named 2018 Pro, or 2020 Pro.
When the 2018 pros came out, the price off the 64gb quickly went to 600. The 2020 pro is coming out soon so chances are the 2018 pro will also drop to that amount. I'm just saying people should wait unless they really need it. This is coming from someone who still has 3 bnib ipad pro 10.5s.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
1357 posts
1945 upvotes
vivibaby wrote: Neutral Face

When the 2018 pros came out, the price off the 64gb quickly went to 600. The 2020 pro is coming out soon so chances are the 2018 pro will also drop to that amount. I'm just saying people should wait unless they really need it. This is coming from someone who still has 3 bnib ipad pro 10.5s.
I get where you're coming from, but you can always say to just play the waiting game. The 10.5 is a good iPad and a good price. Maybe March 2020 for the next iPad Pro, and it's no guarantee it will be a big upgrade over the current one. Could possibly just be a few refinements and keeping it from bending in the wind. They may even pull an iPad Air, and not even update it for a while.

They also have the brand new iPad Air in a price segment that may prevent the 2018 Pro from dropping in price that much, since it's still a superior performer to the Air by a good margin. Lots of factors and what ifs. So, if a deal comes up, don't wait, buy it if you need it or want it. Don't rely on future uncertainties.
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2003
3700 posts
690 upvotes
Hamilton
Caerus wrote: Refurbished are a hit or miss. You might be pleasantly surprised, or you might get a dud. I would trust a refurb from Apple, but the others are a gamble. I hope it works for you, since it can be a good deal if it works out.

But, from my recent experience. I'm much happier with going this route.

I've literally done exactly what you did, and for me, the products were not good.

This is my current amazon returns.

123.JPG

234.JPG
found a 3rd gen 12.9 amazon renewed for $720.
only 64gb though.
Decided to buy it. But closed the window and couldn't find it again. Prob. sold out.

Anyhow, I'm just gunna hold. No real rush.
See what boxing day brings.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
5457 posts
6109 upvotes
If you want to get the Samsung S5e, I suggest you add another $50 to buy the 128G because it gives you 2G more RAM. I cannot sustain the Jelly effect of the AMOLED screen, so I decide to buy Apple.
frederixx wrote: That's a very good price. At first i wanted the Samsung S5e but this iPad seems much more powerful. S5e is 480$ and the iPad 64GB is 600$... Now i don't know if i should get the Samsung or wait for another deal on the iPads. I'm confused!
Feb 1, 2012
416 posts
116 upvotes
Montreal
JaydenB44973 wrote: Quelqu'un sait si ce IPAD pro peut se connecter sur un réseau cellulaire?
Absolument, t'as pu l'achèter?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
1357 posts
1945 upvotes
JaydenB44973 wrote: Quelqu'un sait si ce IPAD pro peut se connecter sur un réseau cellulaire?
wifi uniquement