Expired Hot Deals

[Walmart] *HOT* iPad Pro 10.5 (Gen 2) 512GB $799.00 (also *Mild* 64GB $599)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 19th, 2020 2:59 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
1357 posts
1945 upvotes
vasthorizon wrote: Has anyone's order shipped yet?
Yup. Was estimated Dec 11th, but updated to today maybe.
ipad.JPG
Dec 7, 2011
124 posts
12 upvotes
Laval, QC
Did you have it shipped to your local Walmart or directly to your house?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
1357 posts
1945 upvotes
To my house. Shipping to store had an estimated delivery time of 2.5 weeks, while to my house was a week, but ended up being 3 days.
Dec 20, 2010
389 posts
110 upvotes
Toronto
If anyone missed out on this deal I have a brand new iPad Pro 512GB in silver being delivered Monday that I will not be keeping. If anyone wants it for the price I paid, PM me. Located in west GTA.
Gullible? Click here to find out!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
1357 posts
1945 upvotes
I had to make a trip to the Apple Store today. I'm pretty sure UPS dropped my package during delivery since the bubble wrap around the package was damaged and mucky. The box was also dented in the bottom left corner where the muck was. Not very protective to just put it in a thin bubble wrap envelope...

At first I though it was fine, saw no visible damage and worked with no problems. Then I noticed no sound coming from the bottom left speaker. Couldn't exchange at Walmart since it's online only and they don't have stock in store anymore. Apple store workers saw I was only 1 day into warranty and did a straight swap for a new unit.

Checked in 3U Tools that it wasn't a refurb. Brand new unit, made just last month! November 3, 2019.
ipad stats.JPG
Apr 7, 2019
113 posts
77 upvotes
I was looking around for a case for mine, and noticed that Griffin has a few 10.5 cases on sale. Journey Folio Black is $7.50. Survivor Rugged folio is $12. Shipping is another $12 and it’s in USD. It’s not that great with the exchange and shipping but just letting y’all know.
Penalty Box
May 15, 2016
5058 posts
1729 upvotes
Caerus wrote: I had to make a trip to the Apple Store today. I'm pretty sure UPS dropped my package during delivery since the bubble wrap around the package was damaged and mucky. The box was also dented in the bottom left corner where the muck was. Not very protective to just put it in a thin bubble wrap envelope...

At first I though it was fine, saw no visible damage and worked with no problems. Then I noticed no sound coming from the bottom left speaker. Couldn't exchange at Walmart since it's online only and they don't have stock in store anymore. Apple store workers saw I was only 1 day into warranty and did a straight swap for a new unit.

Checked in 3U Tools that it wasn't a refurb. Brand new unit, made just last month! November 3, 2019.

ipad stats.JPG
I doubt it's a brand new unit made last month. They'd discontinued it a while ago and no reason for them to make more.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
1357 posts
1945 upvotes
vivibaby wrote: I doubt it's a brand new unit made last month. They'd discontinued it a while ago and no reason for them to make more.
It’s brand new. They’re needed for warranty related issues and replacements. As long as people have an iPad Pro 10.5 that is under warranty, they need to have stock available. So even if they don’t sell them retail anymore, they can be replaced if necessary.

3UTools shows
Sales model: Apple Replaced Device

(1) It is a brand new device for after-sales replacement from Apple.

There are 2 other options, other than Normal that can be displayed.

(2) Apple Refurbished Device. Device refurbished and re-sold by Apple.
(3) Demo Device. Demo device exhibited in Apple Store.
Dec 20, 2010
389 posts
110 upvotes
Toronto
Hey OP if you’re in the GTA I have one that I’ll be returning still new in the box. You’re welcome to take that and return the dropped one to Walmart. Trying to share this deal with someone instead of just returning it!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
1357 posts
1945 upvotes
oo7ibm wrote: Hey OP if you’re in the GTA I have one that I’ll be returning still new in the box. You’re welcome to take that and return the dropped one to Walmart. Trying to share this deal with someone instead of just returning it!
Sorry, I'm in Winnipeg. I also already swapped out my dropped one for a new unit from the Apple Store the other day. Thanks for the offer though.

There are a few people earlier in the thread who mentioned they were looking for one if anyone had buyers remorse. Maybe give them a PM to see if they're still interested.
Nov 5, 2012
476 posts
167 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone willing to sell instead of returning, PM me. Might be interested. GTA
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
1357 posts
1945 upvotes
oo7ibm wrote: Hey OP if you’re in the GTA I have one that I’ll be returning still new in the box. You’re welcome to take that and return the dropped one to Walmart. Trying to share this deal with someone instead of just returning it!
yuan23 wrote: Anyone willing to sell instead of returning, PM me. Might be interested. GTA
Hey look at that. Playing matchmaker! Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Dec 20, 2010
389 posts
110 upvotes
Toronto
Lmao thank you Caerus!