Expired Hot Deals

[Walmart] *HOT* iPad Pro 10.5 (Gen 2) 512GB $799.00 (also *Mild* 64GB $599)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 19th, 2020 2:59 pm
Sep 12, 2004
263 posts
91 upvotes
Burnaby
Update: Walmart cancelled my order with no reason given. :(
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
1357 posts
1945 upvotes
alym wrote: Update: Walmart cancelled my order with no reason given. :(
That's odd. It can't be because of stock issues. The website actually has them both available on clearance now, but at a higher price...

Maybe try contacting them when live chat is available. https://www.walmart.ca/en/help/contact- ... e-shopping

You might be able to get them to reorder you one at the cheaper price, referencing your previous order.

Did anybody else get cancelled?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
5457 posts
6109 upvotes
From my past experience, if you call, Walmart normally blames on your credit card denied the payment. When you call the credit card, you find out Walmart actually was never placed any charge on the card (not even pending)
alym wrote: Update: Walmart cancelled my order with no reason given. :(
Apr 7, 2019
113 posts
77 upvotes
mine has iOS 10.3.3 on it. Wondering if I should keep it that way or upgrade.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
1357 posts
1945 upvotes
You should upgrade. Lots of changes and usability upgrades with iPad OS 13.3. Unless you plan to do jail breaking and stuff like that.
Dec 7, 2011
124 posts
12 upvotes
Laval, QC
Caerus wrote: That's odd. It can't be because of stock issues. The website actually has them both available on clearance now, but at a higher price...

Maybe try contacting them when live chat is available. https://www.walmart.ca/en/help/contact- ... e-shopping

You might be able to get them to reorder you one at the cheaper price, referencing your previous order.

Did anybody else get cancelled?
Mine still says in progress. I goofed up on having it ship to my local store rather than directly to my house. I am having second thoughts about it. I'm wondering if I should hold out for a iPad Pro 11"?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
1357 posts
1945 upvotes
sw686blue wrote: Mine still says in progress. I goofed up on having it ship to my local store rather than directly to my house. I am having second thoughts about it. I'm wondering if I should hold out for a iPad Pro 11"?
That's your call lol. I'm quite happy with my 10.5".

In terms of day to day usage, you honestly won't notice a difference in performance. They'll both be buttery smooth. Same 120Hz screen, same quad speakers, same 4GB RAM (unless you grab a 1TB 11" then you get 6GB), etc. Those are the real features that will change your user experience compared to the Air/Mini/Base. What you're interacting with, scrolling smoothness, low lag, sound quality, apps not needing to reload.

If you think you'll be pushing the hardware, which the A10X hasn't even really been maxed out yet, you might start to see some differences then. Rendering large 4K videos for example, the 11" would beat the 10.5". But in all honesty, most people don't need the performance the 11" Pro has, and won't even push the 10.5" Pro. It's just the shiny new model effect. The 10.5" is still a beast and plenty fast. If you got the 512GB version, it's unlikely you'll find an 11" with that storage capacity for anywhere near the same price new, even with deals, for a while. You also trade Touch ID for face ID, and you lose the headphone jack.

So it really boils down to USB-C and the new form factor. If that's enough of a difference for you.
Penalty Box
May 15, 2016
5058 posts
1729 upvotes
How good are the ipads for rendering video? Do people actually take videos with the ipad to render?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
1357 posts
1945 upvotes
Decent performance. Not like true "rendering", which would be like workstation stuff. But lots of people edit and export entire videos. Plenty of youtubers use iPads for their video editing. From what I've heard, exporting tends to be faster than a Macbook Pro for example.

I doubt they use the iPad to do video recordings, at least I'd hope not. But importing video files and doing the editing work on it is common. iPads have good optimized software for it.
Dec 18, 2007
73 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
oo7ibm wrote: Hey OP if you’re in the GTA I have one that I’ll be returning still new in the box. You’re welcome to take that and return the dropped one to Walmart. Trying to share this deal with someone instead of just returning it!
I'm interested in taking it off your hands if you haven't let it go already. THanks!
Dec 20, 2010
389 posts
110 upvotes
Toronto
kcheng02 wrote: I'm interested in taking it off your hands if you haven't let it go already. THanks!
Someone did end up taking it off my hands. Sorry!
Gullible? Click here to find out!
Dec 7, 2011
124 posts
12 upvotes
Laval, QC
Delivery date to my local store went from December 20th to the 27th. Thanks Walmart, thanks a lot.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
1357 posts
1945 upvotes
Sorry to hear they're just jerking you around like that. I don't know how they're shipping things if it takes that long to get to store compared to home.
Sep 12, 2004
263 posts
91 upvotes
Burnaby
lcmt wrote: From my past experience, if you call, Walmart normally blames on your credit card denied the payment. When you call the credit card, you find out Walmart actually was never placed any charge on the card (not even pending)
It showed as pending for quite some time. They tried billing my card a couple of times too. I called to confirm and they did successfully bill my card so I don't know. I will try to reach out directly to see what's up.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
1357 posts
1945 upvotes
sw686blue wrote: Delivery date to my local store went from December 20th to the 27th. Thanks Walmart, thanks a lot.
Did you ever receive your iPad?