Hot Deals

[Walmart] HOT! Original Philips Sonicare Replacement Brush Heads, 3 Pack, $19.96 after cou

Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2008
2494 posts
495 upvotes
North York
Solid deal. Might hit up my local Walmart tomottow during my lunch break
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2005
2851 posts
344 upvotes
RyanS219 wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 8:19 pm
I bought Sonicare Series 3 (HX6631/24). Can't seem to find a compatible replacement head on ali.
All of the Ali linked above should be compatible with the series 3.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2014
1463 posts
113 upvotes
St. Johns
Noob1ee wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 8:28 pm
All of the Ali linked above should be compatible with the series 3.
I kinda figured that but i'm surprised my model wasn't listed.
Nov 27, 2016
17 posts
10 upvotes
dahnir wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 8:25 pm
Is there any kind of duty or fees that you have to pay when ordering from AliExpress on these?
I don't think so. From the items i've ordered before, never encountered any extra charges. It's pretty much like ordering something on eBay and the item ships from China, you'll prob just get it in a CanadaPost envelope/little box.
Dec 19, 2013
820 posts
365 upvotes
Ottawa
Are these coupons available online? Couldn't find them at my local store
May 1, 2015
45 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto, ON
DrunkenStupor wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 4:00 pm
I have been using the same brush head for more than a year with no issues? The manufacturer is suggesting that the brush head should be changed every three months?

Really? Is the manufacturer for real?
I think that's just standard practice with toothbrushes. You are supposed to replace them every few months for hygiene reasons.
Feb 17, 2012
12 posts
2 upvotes
Calgary
Vertigo wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 8:05 pm
Can you use these coupons at Costco too?
No Costco only accepts Costco coupons
Nov 29, 2006
682 posts
123 upvotes
I rarely use my sonicare so I can't remember anything aout replacing the brushheads (have them on another property), but my oral b brushheads rarely last more than 3 months... The Oral B brushheads have a blue dye on the bristles, so when the coloring fades and gets to about half, you're suppose to replace the brush head. I do notice a difference in performance when I use a new one vs the one that just needs replacing...

Any deals for the sonicare kids "compact" brush head? I'm thinking the smaller brush head will be alot better for younger kids...
May 15, 2015
77 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto, ON
How good are those from Aliexpress? I'm pretty sure they are different in quality
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2006
5277 posts
664 upvotes
FrontierG wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 7:09 am
How good are those from Aliexpress? I'm pretty sure they are different in quality
Wife and I have been using them for years now. They do very well. We just change them more often as they don't last as long, but the price difference is still huge.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2007
1711 posts
151 upvotes
Lawrence0317 wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 4:48 pm
Costco has 6 in pack for 49
They are actually 5 pack comes out to $10/head
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
10800 posts
3513 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
DrunkenStupor wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 4:00 pm
I have been using the same brush head for more than a year with no issues? The manufacturer is suggesting that the brush head should be changed every three months?

Really? Is the manufacturer for real?
The more frequently you replace the brush the more profitable you are to Philips. This is a common marketing model. Price the main product low so people will buy it, perhaps even selling it at a small loss. They want people to buy their product, not their competitors'. Then price expendables as high as the market will bear so as to maximize overall profitability. After all they know that once you have their product you're forced to buy their expendables. When there are other, cheaper sources for expendables, be sure to at least create an impression with customers that those knock-offs are inferior or could even cause damage, if not build the main product to reject knock-offs. In addition to toothbrushes, consider ink-jet printers, pod coffee makers, razor and blades, etc.

As for using genuine Philips brushes for more than the recommended 3 months, I "renew" mine by boiling them in water for 15 minutes. That not only kills germs but also straightens out the brush fibers. It also seems to make the brushes feel a bit stiffer, more like brand new ones. Even if these brushes aren't as good as new ones, they do a good job of keeping my teeth clean. In my experience it's far better to brush teeth with an electric handle using "old" brushes twice a day than manually with new brushes.
veni, vidi, Visa