Hot Deals

[Walmart] HOT! Original Philips Sonicare Replacement Brush Heads, 3 Pack, $19.96 after cou

Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2007
1711 posts
151 upvotes
I bought the Sonicare Diamondclean Smart 9903/41 from Shoppers with points!

Anyways I also got a coupon and was waiting for a sale on the heads, but the 9903/41 came with 3 brush heads so I expect it to last at least 1yr.

Lol Oral B and Phillips recommend to replace it every 3 months LOL.
Jul 8, 2012
32 posts
1 upvote
toronto
what do people prefer, the PlaqueControl or Gum Health brush head? just wondering
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
1300 posts
309 upvotes
A bit OT but I found the vibrations from it too much when using it lol. Am I the only one?
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2008
2494 posts
495 upvotes
North York
NoCountry4RFDer wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 8:56 pm
Are these coupons available online? Couldn't find them at my local store
Have people been able to find these coupons easily? I'm afraid my store won't have them and it'll be a waste of a triP
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2010
1115 posts
1566 upvotes
Cjohnson202 wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 8:25 am
Have people been able to find these coupons easily? I'm afraid my store won't have them and it'll be a waste of a triP
I had no issues finding the coupons at the Shoppers by my work in Ottawa.
Nov 10, 2012
462 posts
165 upvotes
Calgary
Cjohnson202 wrote:
Found them no problem in Calgary yesterday.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2007
1711 posts
151 upvotes
Cjohnson202 wrote:
Last week I found some at Shoppers but this week they are gone.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2007
1711 posts
151 upvotes
Question, why does it say "Philips Sonicare HX9023/64" doesn't this work with other's Sonicare? I have the HX9903/41
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2008
2494 posts
495 upvotes
North York
Went to Walmart, no coupon, went to shoppers next door, found coupon thing but it was empty. Still bought the heads for 29.99 because it's on pat with costco, minus the tax
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2008
1264 posts
136 upvotes
bylo wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 8:04 am
As for using genuine Philips brushes for more than the recommended 3 months, I "renew" mine by boiling them in water for 15 minutes. That not only kills germs but also straightens out the brush fibers. It also seems to make the brushes feel a bit stiffer, more like brand new ones. Even if these brushes aren't as good as new ones, they do a good job of keeping my teeth clean. In my experience it's far better to brush teeth with an electric handle using "old" brushes twice a day than manually with new brushes.
This. While I get not wanting to fall into the "razors and blades" trap, you really should be replacing or at least renewing your brush heads. They get old and worn, the bristles get bent, and they're covered in bacteria from your mouth. I didn't know about the boiling trick, but that's a good idea. You should notice a significant difference in the brush feel with a new brush vs one that's a year old!

I bought the knockoffs from Amazon and they seem to be working great.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2004
8513 posts
797 upvotes
GreyingJay wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 1:06 pm
This. While I get not wanting to fall into the "razors and blades" trap, you really should be replacing or at least renewing your brush heads. They get old and worn, the bristles get bent, and they're covered in bacteria from your mouth. I didn't know about the boiling trick, but that's a good idea. You should notice a significant difference in the brush feel with a new brush vs one that's a year old!

I bought the knockoffs from Amazon and they seem to be working great.
so the knockoff one which one is for Series 3?
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
10800 posts
3515 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
GreyingJay wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 1:06 pm
you really should be replacing or at least renewing your brush heads. They get old and worn, the bristles get bent, and they're covered in bacteria from your mouth. I didn't know about the boiling trick, but that's a good idea. You should notice a significant difference in the brush feel with a new brush vs one that's a year old!
There's a big difference between 3 months and a year. If after 3 months boiling the brush renews it enough to last another 3 months then you've halved the cost of heads. You can't do 50% off with sales and/or coupons.

In addition to maximizing the "razor and blades" model, I suspect Philips is being conservative with the 3 months rule. After all there's a wide variation on how hard people press the brush to their teeth. Presumably the harder you press the shorter the brush life. So if you use a gentle touch it should be possible to extend brush life. But always consider that Philips has a bias to encourage you to buy as many brushes as possible.

My advice is to discuss these sorts of issues with your dentist or hygienist. If your teeth and gums are generally healthy then it's probably OK to push the 3 months. If you have some issues, then maybe not. And in that case maybe you should use brushes that are designed to address the issues you have, e.g. plaque, gums, discoloration, etc.
veni, vidi, Visa
[OP]
Sep 5, 2016
108 posts
382 upvotes
kiasu wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 1:25 pm
so the knockoff one which one is for Series 3?
Sonicare plaque control toothbrush head, 3-pack, Standard size, Click-on, Advanced plaque removal HX9023/64

Brush head system: Click-on

Suitable for these models:
HealthyWhite+
2 Series plaque control
3 Series gum health
DiamondClean
EasyClean
FlexCare
FlexCare Platinum
FlexCare+
for Kids
HealthyWhite

https://www.philips.ca/c-p/HX9023_64/so ... ifications

Sonicare ProResults gum health Standard sonic toothbrush heads, 3-pack, Standard size, Click-on, Advanced gum health HX9033/64

Brush head system: Click-on

Suitable for these models:
HealthyWhite+
2 Series plaque control
3 Series gum health
DiamondClean
EasyClean
FlexCare
FlexCare Platinum
FlexCare+
for Kids
HealthyWhite

https://www.philips.ca/c-p/HX9033_64/so ... ifications
Oct 4, 2008
552 posts
114 upvotes
Calgary Alberta
faldian wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 10:37 pm
I think that's just standard practice with toothbrushes. You are supposed to replace them every few months for hygiene reasons.
You know what I do, I run my toothbrushes through the dishwasher.
I know I'm breaking the rules, whatcha gonna do... :)

Actually my Philips charger has a UV sanitizer, presumably that helps "sanitize" ... ?
(I'm refraining to say anything definitively because RFD members will jump on my throat).

Hey I got the Ali Express deal, as a new customer I also got a $4 coupon:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4Pcs-lo ... 94605.html

I ordered 5 lots of 4 heads for $2.20 Cdn apiece, total cost $11 Cdn less $5.20 coupon ($4 USD?) comes to $5.80 Cdn cost.
Free delivery, see you come Feb 24 - maybe :)
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2005
4377 posts
1055 upvotes
no coupons in the SDM under TD tower in downtown Toronto.
Thanks RFD for:

-Koodo $48 MB Plan 5GB

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)