Hot Deals

[Walmart] HOT! Original Philips Sonicare Replacement Brush Heads, 3 Pack, $19.96 after cou

Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2004
8502 posts
795 upvotes
bylo wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 8:55 am
In the left photo, the two on the left yes, the one on the right, no. In the photo on the right, both yes.
ok thank you...what key word should I look for on the package? does it even mention s3 or?
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
10796 posts
3513 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
kiasu wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 9:09 am
ok thank you...what key word should I look for on the package? does it even mention s3 or?
You're making too big of an issue about this. Go by shape, i.e. avoid the large conical base brushes. Everything else for Sonicare will fit an S3 physically. The variants in the photos are marketed to deal with specific issues, e.g. gums, plaque, discoloration, etc. so choose accordingly. Or just bring the brush on your S3 to the store and buy something that's physically the same.
veni, vidi, Visa
Mar 4, 2008
202 posts
57 upvotes
Montreal
Can anyone confirm if these coupons are also available at Pharmaprix in QC?
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
1196 posts
289 upvotes
Markham
itrocks4u wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 8:19 am
A bit OT but I found the vibrations from it too much when using it lol. Am I the only one?
Not sure which model you have but my Soniccare can adjust the power level (clean to sensitive).
Jul 8, 2012
32 posts
1 upvote
toronto
reggyDeal wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 3:36 pm
Coming from oral-b. Oral-b had soft rated brushes. Are these Sonicare Series 3 brushes also soft?
reggyDeal wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 6:15 pm
Are these soft enough? See there is a soft version of the brush head but its not on sale.
the gum health brush is soft, sensitive is extra soft, the rest i believe is "standard"
i personally have the gum health one that came with my 3 series toothbrush and it feels softer compare to the oral-b crossaction i used before
Apr 13, 2009
146 posts
25 upvotes
Toronto
I visited 6 SDM stores in Toronto today and no coupons anywhere.
Any hint which SDM has them?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2003
5058 posts
740 upvotes
GVR
bylo wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 8:04 am
The more frequently you replace the brush the more profitable you are to Philips. This is a common marketing model. Price the main product low so people will buy it, perhaps even selling it at a small loss. They want people to buy their product, not their competitors'. Then price expendables as high as the market will bear so as to maximize overall profitability. After all they know that once you have their product you're forced to buy their expendables. When there are other, cheaper sources for expendables, be sure to at least create an impression with customers that those knock-offs are inferior or could even cause damage, if not build the main product to reject knock-offs. In addition to toothbrushes, consider ink-jet printers, pod coffee makers, razor and blades, etc.

As for using genuine Philips brushes for more than the recommended 3 months, I "renew" mine by boiling them in water for 15 minutes. That not only kills germs but also straightens out the brush fibers. It also seems to make the brushes feel a bit stiffer, more like brand new ones. Even if these brushes aren't as good as new ones, they do a good job of keeping my teeth clean. In my experience it's far better to brush teeth with an electric handle using "old" brushes twice a day than manually with new brushes.
Reminds me of this:

...and so many other videos from Cracked/Roger.
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
10796 posts
3513 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
sooksook wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 1:07 am
Price now $25?
As BBucKK posted on 03Dec17, "right now as a lighting deal."

Ya snooze, ya lose ;)
veni, vidi, Visa
Sep 16, 2016
108 posts
99 upvotes
Toronto
I didn't change the brush head for more than 3 months. Don't think you must replace it after 3 months. It looks still very clean and in good shape.
If we can dream it, we can make it!
Feb 5, 2010
20 posts
3 upvotes
Calgary
Chinook SDM has some coupons still available. Price matched at LD and used the coupon there instead of Walmart. Thanks OP
May 29, 2017
106 posts
32 upvotes
Mine is worn out already and I only had it for barely 3 weeks :/
Sep 12, 2017
247 posts
21 upvotes
BenDover1 wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 3:16 pm
the gum health brush is soft, sensitive is extra soft, the rest i believe is "standard"
i personally have the gum health one that came with my 3 series toothbrush and it feels softer compare to the oral-b crossaction i used before
Good info, thanks. Will buy 3 sets of "gum health brush".