Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Walmart

Koodo. Samsung S8 $300GC, Samsung A5 $400 GC

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 19th, 2018 8:02 am
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
3685 posts
4751 upvotes
B.C.
bought 2x $200 master card with WM GC, no problem, no questions asked.

I couldn't find anything higher than $100, beside the cashiers
but then found $200 cards on separate GC only rack, in the middle of the store.
May 25, 2007
697 posts
424 upvotes
Edmonton
2 of the Walmarts I went to wouldn't allow me to purchase the Vanilla MC's with the gift card. Luckily the 3rd one did with no questions asked. Fee is so high though for only a $200 card
Jul 15, 2003
104 posts
37 upvotes
Vancouver
Dreamrider wrote: bought 2x $200 master card with WM GC, no problem, no questions asked.

I couldn't find anything higher than $100, beside the cashiers
but then found $200 cards on separate GC only rack, in the middle of the store.
Which Walmart did you go if you don't mind telling?
Jan 24, 2018
86 posts
18 upvotes
ryde or die wrote: 2 of the Walmarts I went to wouldn't allow me to purchase the Vanilla MC's with the gift card. Luckily the 3rd one did with no questions asked. Fee is so high though for only a $200 card

how much is the fee? Were you charged tax?
Deal Guru
Sep 13, 2007
11102 posts
6746 upvotes
Toronto
dreamergal wrote: how much is the fee? Were you charged tax?
$6.85 each $200 plus tax, Should be total of $15.48 for 2 $200 MC GC (ON tax 13%)
Aug 8, 2013
696 posts
1123 upvotes
how come they wouldn’t let me buy vanilla prepaid cards at my walmart in BC? surrey central
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
3685 posts
4751 upvotes
B.C.
LOLUMIRINBRO wrote: how come they wouldn’t let me buy vanilla prepaid cards at my walmart in BC? surrey central
YMMV
Try different time, location
I got mine from Langley on first try.
Cashier didn't even think twice.
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2010
2423 posts
1948 upvotes
Calgary
ryde or die wrote: 2 of the Walmarts I went to wouldn't allow me to purchase the Vanilla MC's with the gift card. Luckily the 3rd one did with no questions asked. Fee is so high though for only a $200 card
I've not had an issue the 2 times I've done it... today with a $250 and $150 Vanilla Visa. Then again, I buy them with a bunch of other stuff. You may be raising a red flag by just doing the cards.
In your pants!
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
3685 posts
4751 upvotes
B.C.
Can I not pay off the tab now unless I cancel it?
I haven't cancelled it yet and it won let me pay it off

Based on your profile, you are not eligible to complete this transaction. Potential reasons for this are:

You have not been with Koodo for at least 3 months
You have not yet paid off your first bill
You are on the spending limit program
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2009
2429 posts
403 upvotes
Dreamrider wrote: Can I not pay off the tab now unless I cancel it?
I haven't cancelled it yet and it won let me pay it off
If you call in you might be able to pay it off without canceling. But if you don't want to cancel, then why would you pay today something you could pay "tomorrow"?
May 14, 2007
430 posts
166 upvotes
Vancouver
GSRee wrote: There are those who prefer to pay off all debts when they have the ability to.
But if you are talking about the rational why one would do it in terms of profit, the Canadian dollar is weak.

If you call in you might be able to pay it off without canceling. But if you don't want to cancel, then why would you pay today something you could pay "tomorrow"?
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2018
1023 posts
940 upvotes
I wasn't allowed to buy Vanilla with Walmart gift card. I did buy a bunch of other stuff, Does anyone know which location in Mississauga allows this?
FatWallet wrote: I've not had an issue the 2 times I've done it... today with a $250 and $150 Vanilla Visa. Then again, I buy them with a bunch of other stuff. You may be raising a red flag by just doing the cards.
Sep 29, 2002
428 posts
239 upvotes
Toronto
Can anyone confirm that this deal is back this weekend?

Please and thanks.
Heatware: sandrasagra :D

FS [TORONTO ONLY] - PMBOK 4TH EDITION $50
Jul 13, 2018
28 posts
3 upvotes
Richmond
NavieM wrote: Wow mobile.

Both companies call customers a while after phones are activated. Once they see the line is disconnected, they escalate it. Once escalated, there’s notes left on the customers profile usually saying not to activate more phones for them.
So the porting the number over to a prepaid sim card plan is the best way to avoid a blacklist?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2005
9018 posts
2816 upvotes
Ottawa
Called my local walmart and it's $200 GC on the A5 under a med tab. Gonna go in-store to see if other phones have better offers.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
jeeva86 wrote: Called my local walmart and it's $200 GC on the A5 under a med tab. Gonna go in-store to see if other phones have better offers.
So, no weekend bonus this weekend. Ask WM rep to check the head office email for weekend bonus over the posted GC amount.

You should inform the WM rep that Koodo is charging small tab for A5. For the last sale around 6 weeks ago, when I told the WM rep that Koodo requirement is small tab. I got the same amount of GC with a small tab on A5.
https://www.koodomobile.com/phones/samsung-galaxy-a5
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $34 15GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, $0 FPL home phone,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2015
1445 posts
729 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Got a samsung a5 this past june. Just paid my second koodo bill - i see a tab charge of $10 on each of the first 2 koodp bills. Is it normal or unusual to be charged the $10 tab balance each bill?
Deal Guru
Sep 13, 2007
11102 posts
6746 upvotes
Toronto
RigorMortis wrote: Got a samsung a5 this past june. Just paid my second koodo bill - i see a tab charge of $10 on each of the first 2 koodp bills. Is it normal or unusual to be charged the $10 tab balance each bill?
Yes its normal.