Expired Hot Deals

[Walmart] Kraft 450g cheese blocks $1.97 **extreme ymmv?** Port Alberni store

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 27th, 2019 1:36 pm
[OP]
Sr. Member
User avatar
Dec 10, 2009
591 posts
1629 upvotes
Van Isle

[Walmart] Kraft 450g cheese blocks $1.97 **extreme ymmv?** Port Alberni store

Port Alberni store multiple varieties. .4/100g. Buy it cheap and freeze it deep. I bought 25.
Images
  • 20190113_084325.jpg
inappropriate signature
28 replies
[OP]
Sr. Member
User avatar
Dec 10, 2009
591 posts
1629 upvotes
Van Isle
cooper83 wrote:
Jan 13th, 2019 4:40 pm
Upvote for Port
THX......we dont get many! LOL
inappropriate signature
Sr. Member
Jul 11, 2018
699 posts
498 upvotes
[removed]

Kraft's block cheddar ingredients:
Milk, modified milk ingredients, cream, bacterial culture, salt, colour, microbial enzyme, calcium chloride
Armstrong's block cheddar ingredients:
Pasteurized milk, modified milk ingredients, bacterial culture, salt, calcium chloride, microbial enzyme, color
Black diamond's block cheddar ingredients:
Made from milk, Modified milk ingredients, bacterial culture, salt, rennet and microbial enzyme, colour. May contain calcium chloride.
Cracker Barrel's block cheddar ingredients:
Milk, modified milk ingredients, cream, bacterial culture, salt, calcium chloride, colour, microbial enzyme, lipase.
Walmart's Great Value block cheddar ingredients:
Pasteurized partly skimmed milk, modified milk ingredients, bacterial culture, salt, calcium chloride, microbial enzyme, colour. Contains: milk
Walmart's Your Fresh Market block cheddar ingredients:
Milk, Salt, Bacterial Culture, Calcium Chloride, Microbial Enzyme, Colour. Contains: Milk.
Ingredients are identical to others. Taste is virtually the same as the others. 1g carbs, 7g protein, moderate fats, sodium, plenty of calcium, hardly distinguishable from the rest.

Anyone who wants good cheese at an amazing price should buy this, though it's likely anyone who's Walmart had this price would be raided in minutes. Hot deal.
Last edited by Mars2012 on Jan 14th, 2019 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: quote removed
Best deals:
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
3745 posts
2609 upvotes
Markham
AllDayLove wrote:
Jan 13th, 2019 9:16 pm
[removed]
What’s an alternate you recommend then?
Last edited by Mars2012 on Jan 14th, 2019 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: quote removed
Penalty Box
Jul 11, 2018
276 posts
271 upvotes
X24Secret wrote:
Jan 13th, 2019 9:55 pm
What’s an alternate you recommend then?


If you can’t taste a difference between Armstrong > cb > Kraft then I dunno what to tell ya.

I eat Armstrong if I have to which goes in sale often. or balderson is in my fridge nearly year round. The texture is completely different. Kraft feels and has a rubbery texture. Is not good cheese, is disgusting.

I’m sure the ingredients for balderson are the same as Kraft but the process is difference.

Anyone saying the ingredients are the same the taste is the same is a processed cheese kinda guy at heart.

I guess all steaks are made the same with the same ingredients. Nope I can still make you a really crappy steak with the same ingredients by using a crap process.

[removed].
Last edited by Mars2012 on Jan 14th, 2019 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: flamebait removed
Sr. Member
User avatar
Dec 26, 2010
789 posts
133 upvotes
Markham
AllDayLove wrote:
Jan 13th, 2019 2:35 pm
[removed]
Dude, I don't think anyone asked for your opinion.

Fact is, all other Walmart are selling it for 3.77, and this is currently 1.97. That's 48% off making it a hot deal.
You should also learn to differentiate fact from opinion.This is redflagdeals, not redflag-shareyouropinion.
Last edited by Mars2012 on Jan 14th, 2019 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: quote removed
Newbie
May 14, 2013
21 posts
35 upvotes
AllDayLove wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 12:14 am



If you can’t taste a difference between Armstrong > cb > Kraft then I dunno what to tell ya.

I eat Armstrong if I have to which goes in sale often. or balderson is in my fridge nearly year round. The texture is completely different. Kraft feels and has a rubbery texture. Is not good cheese, is disgusting.

I’m sure the ingredients for balderson are the same as Kraft but the process is difference.

Anyone saying the ingredients are the same the taste is the same is a processed cheese kinda guy at heart.

I guess all steaks are made the same with the same ingredients. Nope I can still make you a really crappy steak with the same ingredients by using a crap process.

[...].
[removed]
AllDayLove wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 12:46 am
I am sorry I offended you [...]
You haven't offended anyone. You've just proven how subjective taste is with your posts.

Taste is subjective. A personal choice. Just like you don't like Kraft...I'm guessing most people don't particularly like you based on your condescending tone.

And those people that do like you...
Well they must hate themselves. Fact

It also seems an obvious fact that you're very familiar with the taste of sh*t...it keeps leaking out of your mouth.
Last edited by Mars2012 on Jan 14th, 2019 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edit in quote and a duplicate quote removed
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
3745 posts
2609 upvotes
Markham
AllDayLove wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 12:14 am
If you can’t taste a difference between Armstrong > cb > Kraft then I dunno what to tell ya.

I eat Armstrong if I have to which goes in sale often. or balderson is in my fridge nearly year round. The texture is completely different. Kraft feels and has a rubbery texture. Is not good cheese, is disgusting.

I’m sure the ingredients for balderson are the same as Kraft but the process is difference.

Anyone saying the ingredients are the same the taste is the same is a processed cheese kinda guy at heart.

I guess all steaks are made the same with the same ingredients. Nope I can still make you a really crappy steak with the same ingredients by using a crap process.

[...]
Armstrong and CB are both owned by Saputo. So they are likely sourcing their ingredients from the same supply chain. Variations in production probably makes for a slightly different end product.

Kraft is probably the lowest quality between the three with the most ‘processed’ taste but it’s really not that bad, certainly no where near what you make it out.
Last edited by Mars2012 on Jan 14th, 2019 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edit in quote
Penalty Box
Jul 11, 2018
276 posts
271 upvotes
X24Secret wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 1:11 am
Armstrong and CB are both owned by Saputo. So they are likely sourcing their ingredients from the same supply chain. Variations in production probably makes for a slightly different end product.

Kraft is probably the lowest quality between the three with the most ‘processed’ taste but it’s really not that bad, certainly no where near what you make it out.
Kraft is probably the lowest quality between the three you say with the most processed taste you say.
Penalty Box
Jul 11, 2018
276 posts
271 upvotes
This has been an excellent thread.


We have found the processed cheese kids with the well done steaks with ketchup.
Penalty Box
Jul 11, 2018
276 posts
271 upvotes
Bartred wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 12:51 am
[removed]



You haven't offended anyone. You've just proven how subjective taste is with your posts.

Taste is subjective. A personal choice. Just like you don't like Kraft...I'm guessing most people don't particularly like you based on your condescending tone.

And those people that do like you...
Well they must hate themselves. Fact

It also seems an obvious fact that you're very familiar with the taste of sh*t...it keeps leaking out of your mouth.

I still say I offended you because you have objectively low taste buds. Maybe you have great vision to make up for the lacking taste buds.

Top