• Last Updated:
  • Nov 15th, 2017 12:33 am
Aug 18, 2011
191 posts
133 upvotes
North York
crowds wrote:
Oct 5th, 2017 10:08 am
Sorta warm if you don't have a decent coffee roaster nearby. I'm pretty sure one can grab beans roasted within a few days around $9 a pound, maybe a little more
Most coffee roasters in Toronto sell for $12-17 for only 12oz. Share this $9/pound with your fellow RFDer's!
Jun 18, 2017
195 posts
62 upvotes
Vancouver
crowds wrote:
Oct 5th, 2017 1:28 pm
Coffee beans lose their freshness within weeks. How long do you think it takes for the beans to get from their roasting factory to the grocery store and to your home compared to dedicated coffee shops and roasteries?

If you can't tell the difference between them, you may as well get preground beans from Costco.
I would disagree with "weeks" if they are still sealed in bag from manufacturer. Most import bags have a 1 year or 2 year expiry date on them, which I agree is excessive, but they can easily last months if kept sealed and out of heat/light.
That's my name...
Nov 18, 2003
159 posts
117 upvotes
HoRRo wrote:
Oct 5th, 2017 1:36 pm
Most coffee roasters in Toronto sell for $12-17 for only 12oz. Share this $9/pound with your fellow RFDer's!
Yeah, I paid $14 for 12oz. at Social Coffee yesterday, because I had zero and needed something close to where I was. Anthony's Espresso has a local roast called Bellacaff which sells for $19/kg, which is 35oz. or $8.62/pound. A buddy of mine recommended it to me, and it is quite nice!

http://anthonysespresso.com/Coffee/Anth ... t-espresso
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2008
6965 posts
1118 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
sohrab wrote:
Oct 5th, 2017 1:52 pm
Yeah, I paid $14 for 12oz. at Social Coffee yesterday, because I had zero and needed something close to where I was. Anthony's Espresso has a local roast called Bellacaff which sells for $19/kg, which is 35oz. or $8.62/pound. A buddy of mine recommended it to me, and it is quite nice!

Would love to try but cheapest shipping cost is $28!
Steam: SpectralMeat
Nov 18, 2003
159 posts
117 upvotes
SpectralMeat wrote:
Oct 5th, 2017 2:02 pm
Would love to try but cheapest shipping cost is $28!
You're in Kitchener, so this might not make sense for you. Social Coffee ships free for orders over $25 - you might want to try them out (though I wouldn't call their prices "cheap")
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2008
6965 posts
1118 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
sohrab wrote:
Oct 5th, 2017 2:22 pm
You're in Kitchener, so this might not make sense for you. Social Coffee ships free for orders over $25 - you might want to try them out (though I wouldn't call their prices "cheap")
I'll have to look around here in town I am sure we have some local place that does this.
I just haven't bothered. Just kept buying Lavazza because I really liked their coffee.
Steam: SpectralMeat
Jun 18, 2017
195 posts
62 upvotes
Vancouver
Also as a note, the Lavazza being discussed here (Crema D'oro, Crema e aroma, etc.) are kind of "grocery" brand coffees. They're not bad at all (I'm a big fan of Lavazza) but the "real" good stuff like their Super Crema, Gran Espresso, Top Class, etc are usually priced at close to twice as much. That's not meant to criticize the coffee on offer, but just add some context in case someone starts googling around and finding the "boutique" blends and going "holey moley this is super expensive!!"
That's my name...
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2006
1622 posts
486 upvotes
crowds wrote:
Oct 5th, 2017 1:28 pm
Coffee beans lose their freshness within weeks. How long do you think it takes for the beans to get from their roasting factory to the grocery store and to your home compared to dedicated coffee shops and roasteries?

If you can't tell the difference between them, you may as well get preground beans from Costco.
Not if properly vacuum sealed... you obviously don't know much about espresso, maybe a visit to Italy instead of Starbucks would help you get your eyes open.
And I would anytime buy vacuum sealed Lavazza (not the Costco variety, which I've always wondered why Lavazza would produce at all), over some freshly roasted beans that would give me reflux.

There is a reason why America runs on dunkin, and Italy on Lavazza :D

(and, yes, you can always go better - illy, etc - but Lavazza is the best bang for your buck, and is the logical choice for 90+% of the espresso drinkers.
iamalittlepepper wrote:
Aug 13th, 2012 2:55 am
Non of the Royal Purple is BMW qualified which voids your drivetrain warranty.. especially for those who owns the 3.0L N54 engine
tcjsqls wrote:
Jan 13th, 2015 12:56 pm
you have no ideas how a report of stolen credit card (...) affect your credit. Happened twice in your history, that bank won't issue a credit card for you
Nov 23, 2011
274 posts
53 upvotes
North York
Thanks op.Ordered 4 of our favorite Lavazza Espresso Rossa $13.47 each.
Free delivery even better.
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2003
1264 posts
137 upvotes
BC
smackioio wrote:
Oct 5th, 2017 9:29 am
Very good price for 1Kg of Lavazza Oro (Arabica 100%) Whole Beans.

Regular price is 24.99 @ RCS or 25.99 @Loblaws . On sale at Loblaws now for 23.99, still 5$ over Walmart.
Got a bag this morning in BC.....$17.97 at local Wally Mart...thx OP, have not tried this one in my machine yet, been using Kauai brand from Costco, worth a try.
CHIA
Dec 3, 2005
440 posts
158 upvotes
S
sohrab wrote:
Oct 5th, 2017 1:52 pm

Thanks! Great prices. I'll try their Mikkacaff blend next time.
May 17, 2004
263 posts
8 upvotes
Vaughan
I drink a lot of Coffee and Lattes and have a couple of espresso machines (manual and auto) and ive tried them all. Here is all you need to know:

If you want the best bang for buck beans, go to Costco and buy the Costco Kirkland House blend. This is Starbucks House blend. Its cheap and good beans. I know a friend in Costco who knows the source of the beans and they are quality and hasn't changed.

If you want something higher end, go find a Longo's that does roasting. You can pick the beans you like and have it roasted to the temperature you want on the spot. Usually takes 15-20min. You need to buy 1lb at a time and u can try all sorts of different beans. Let the beans settle for 24 hours before you grind them so allow the flavor to come out after they get roasted. This way every week you got fresh roasted beans for a fair price.

These Lavazza beans are nothing special and not worth it. Go to Costco and get the Kirkland House blend comes in 1kg bag. Once u open it, split the beans up and put them in a air sealed glass container and fill it to the top (min air). Keep it in the dark cool place and enjoy!
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
2344 posts
1026 upvotes
Calgary
rmanaudio wrote:
Oct 5th, 2017 6:00 pm
Go to Costco and get the Kirkland House blend comes in 1kg bag. Once u open it, split the beans up and put them in a air sealed glass container and fill it to the top (min air). Keep it in the dark cool place and enjoy!
2nd that! that said, fresh roasted beans from a boutique roaster can be very good indeed. I tried some from a local roaster called Fratello & it was good - expensive but delicious! if one's taste buds isnt so sophisticatedly discriminating, costco is the one to get.

more importantly, I've changed my coffee habit to brewing a mug (or more likely 2 as its delicious) of butter coffee. the addition of butter (or ghee), virgin coconut oil (again from costco) & a dash of vanilla extract (yet again....costco Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes) turns my morning brew into something deliciously fulfilling that the brand & quality of coffee takes a back seat. works for me as I dont have to spend the extra for the premium stuff.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)