Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Lenovo Canada

Lenovo Smart Display 8" with the Google Assistant $134.99

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 14th, 2019 11:03 pm
Aug 7, 2017
518 posts
795 upvotes
Don DiGuapo wrote: Surprising to see such a deep price cut on this, was just recently released iirc.
All of these devices are battling to be the one you choose for your home where it can listen, learn, become essential and make them money monetizing the data. That's why they're all being almost given away. The only reason they aren't free is because we'd all get suspicious - a bit like with Facebook where it's free because you're the product and making them money.
Jul 3, 2002
317 posts
108 upvotes
BinaryJay wrote: Yeah you can reasonably expect that support for the Home Hub to be better for a longer period of time. Lenovo will probably just drop updating this thing in any meaningful way as soon as it's no longer profitable (they've probably already reached this point it seems). It's too bad that they all don't just run the exact same software, that would just make too much sense.
Do you have any details around the fact that they're running different software? thought google had it so that these assistant devices could be updated by google instead of the manufacturer ? I was hoping they fixed the same issue with android phones.
Nov 13, 2005
339 posts
118 upvotes
Calgary

My JBL smart display ordered from TheSource the same date came a week later. Very rich fantastic sound. I'm impressed. A lot better than GH itself but costs $70 more than Lenovo.
How much did you end up getting the link view for?
Oct 12, 2013
449 posts
181 upvotes
Surrey
403GL wrote: How much did you end up getting the link view for?

I’m to guess he paid about since 195 to 200 he mentioned he paid 124 for Lenovo and then mentions that he paid 70 more for jbl
Nov 13, 2005
339 posts
118 upvotes
Calgary
hugs29 wrote:

I’m to guess he paid about since 195 to 200 he mentioned he paid 124 for Lenovo and then mentions that he paid 70 more for jbl
That'd be crazy hot, they're about 350 reg
Jul 6, 2013
25 posts
108 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Thanks OP! Picked one up and returned the Google Home I had under the tree.
Dec 12, 2012
483 posts
812 upvotes
Canada
ranchan1_2 wrote: Grabbed this on BF. Anyone else's AC plug make this buzzing/squealing noise?

Otherwise, it's an awesome unit. Have it displaying pictures from my phone when it's not in use.

Did you have it replaced or tried different plugin? I have the same noise issue with mine.
Nov 14, 2012
975 posts
545 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Order one for the kitchen, for cooking tutorials.
Dec 5, 2004
502 posts
179 upvotes
Alkoholik wrote: Did you have it replaced or tried different plugin? I have the same noise issue with mine.

Got same issue. Since I use it for music, can't stand it. So I returned it.
Oct 12, 2013
449 posts
181 upvotes
Surrey
Purchased 2 , I hope they aren’t defective.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12638 posts
6009 upvotes
Still waiting for my lenovo.ca order.

Temped to buy another but not keen to do that until I know the quality and experience.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2018 posts
465 upvotes
Toronto
Jonick wrote: Returning my Amazon Echo show, and getting this one.

The echo show is terrible, i hope Google works better
I quite like my Echo Show. I wish it were bilingual, but that’s pretty well the only complaint. People in reviews claimed so my limitations with the Canadian version but most have turned out to not be the case.

Still, the Google powered smart screen is appealing if Google’s privacy methods don’t bother you.
Banned
Apr 5, 2015
1281 posts
446 upvotes
Toronto, ON
So can I use the search function for YouTube on this? Like how a tablet works?
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2008
1167 posts
1977 upvotes
Montreal
pmcd wrote: I quite like my Echo Show. I wish it were bilingual, but that’s pretty well the only complaint. People in reviews claimed so my limitations with the Canadian version but most have turned out to not be the case.

Still, the Google powered smart screen is appealing if Google’s privacy methods don’t bother you.
My only complaint, and my biggest one are the video features. I use a lot of Prime Video and trying to navigate Prime Video within the Echo Show is almost impossible.
Nov 15, 2006
83 posts
7 upvotes
Can anyone confirm if you can view all of your nest cameras at the same time on the screen or is it restricted to only viewing one feed at a time?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2011
6609 posts
3909 upvotes
is the 10" available in Canada? can't seem to find it. probably not on sale anyway.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
4231 posts
1218 upvotes
403GL wrote: How much did you end up getting the link view for?
$210+tax after $10 off. Again, very nice sound. It probably worth it if you listen to music all the time.
Images
  • JBL.png
FS : Promise NS4300N NAS,Linksys RE400W,E5151,HBB1,VIVOTab RT,MemoPad 8
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2004
12785 posts
12969 upvotes
futabasan wrote: So can I use the search function for YouTube on this? Like how a tablet works?
Yes voice search for YouTube works.

Also, learnt something new. I left volume at Max and it walked on me in granite surface. So have to keep it around 7 to stay put.
Oct 12, 2013
449 posts
181 upvotes
Surrey
Avatar wrote: $210+tax after $10 off. Again, very nice sound. It probably worth it if you listen to music all the time.
Would you share from where

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)