Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Lenovo Canada

Lenovo Smart Display 8" with the Google Assistant $134.99

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 14th, 2019 11:03 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2858 posts
3893 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
trinxified wrote: is the 10" available in Canada? can't seem to find it. probably not on sale anyway.

Only 8" sold in Canada.

I wonder if this buzzing issue might be affecting only Canadian units, I got mine from US for $99, and has been smooth sailing so far.
Oct 24, 2012
442 posts
609 upvotes
Newmarket
Can you see your cameras for the house using this? If so how many at a time?
Dec 12, 2010
29 posts
7 upvotes
Calgary
I've got the power brick buzzing, but it only happens when the display is using low current at night time with the dim clock. If you play ask it to play some white noise like rain sounds then the brick stops buzzing.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
13223 posts
12043 upvotes
Toronto
futabasan wrote: So can I use the search function for YouTube on this? Like how a tablet works?
Don’t have mine yet but I know you can search with your voice, I assume if you want a keyboard search you can use your phone then cast to it.
Oct 12, 2013
449 posts
181 upvotes
Surrey
Angultra wrote: Don’t have mine yet but I know you can search with your voice, I assume if you want a keyboard search you can use your phone then cast to it.

Tested very it shortly yesterday and it worked great, controls all my hue lights with out a glitch just as good as my amazon Alexa echo plus. Main reason I bought is because with my echo plus I needed a Spotify premium to be able to use Spotify with the amazon echo , with the Lenovo Spotify works awesome, also does YouTube music and video. The screen quality is ok nothing to rave about it can dim enough to use as a night clock, at $138 it’s a bargain in my opinion. Google is also better at searching commands from the web. I ended up buying 3 , one to keep and 2 to give to family so I can do video calls Thumbs Up Sign there have been several reported issues with the screen and the power supply buzzing like others mention, so I am worried about the life expectancy of this product. Forgot to mention the speaker is good but nothing to rave about, i was expecting it to be a lot better than a third Gen echo dot I had but this was not the case .slightly better than the echo dot 3rd Gen but worst than the regular echo 2nd Gen and off course the echo plus 2nd Gen.
Last edited by hugs29 on Dec 16th, 2018 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
3866 posts
5373 upvotes
Oakville
I need something like this for my Amazon Alexa SmartThings Ecosystem. I know it isn't compatible.
-ZdpZ... ;)
Mar 4, 2010
353 posts
152 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone notice the flashing red light on the middle of the right side?
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2018 posts
465 upvotes
Toronto
Jonick wrote: My only complaint, and my biggest one are the video features. I use a lot of Prime Video and trying to navigate Prime Video within the Echo Show is almost impossible.
I also use Prime Video but haven’t tried that yet. My mail interest was as a photo slideshow which it does quite well. Not perfect but I have tried several alternatives since my Sony Dash. This one looks great though control seems to be exclusively via voice. Maybe there’s another way, but I’m not sure. I can imagine that Prime Video is similar? Only accessible via voice?

The Lenovo unit seems really nice and at that price it’s very tempting. Not much point in both though ..,
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2008
4059 posts
812 upvotes
Windsor
T.O.SuperSaver wrote: Anyone notice the flashing red light on the middle of the right side?
Yes, it's either an ambient light sensor or a proximity sensor.... If you notice, when it's in clock mode, it will detect when you get close to it and go back to ambient mode, so it could be either...
Deal Fanatic
Jul 14, 2018
9940 posts
40652 upvotes
Angultra wrote: Lots of stores still showing stock though
Showing, not having... Called every store in my area all OOS even though it says in-stock.

Ended up paying $149.99 plus tax at Best Buy as they refused the PM
hi :)
Dec 21, 2005
229 posts
156 upvotes
NowJoJo wrote: Showing, not having... Called every store in my area all OOS even though it says in-stock.

picked one up today at Oakville Bestbuy with PM to walmart, showed him it was in stock at several GTA stores (in store)
$137.89 + $0.75 EHF = $138.64 + tax = $156.66
Oct 12, 2013
449 posts
181 upvotes
Surrey
NowJoJo wrote: Showing, not having... Called every store in my area all OOS even though it says in-stock.

Go back to Best Buy and go straight to the Lenovo website they have it for 149.99 and $15off 134.99 after promo code applied Thumbs Up Sign They should beat it Buy $1.5
Dec 11, 2006
476 posts
90 upvotes
Vancouver
Picked up two of these units in store during the BF sale.

Gave one to my parents and kept one myself as I thought they would like to try out duo calling, and they love it! They duo call almost everyday so they can see my kids (their grandchildren).

I use it for more than just duo calling (such as a wake up routine for weather, news, commute, etc), and it is nice to have a screen for certain things. Kids like the brief animation on things like if you ask where Santa is. Plus having some simple animation/graphics while playing some of those question and answer type games is a nice touch.

I did notice a couple small differences with the Smart Display so far compared to the Google Assistant in the Google Home Minis that I was all ready using in the house:
Smart Display has no character alarms (my kids like setting alarms with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles character voices).

When I ask for my stock prices on the Smart Display, it first gives off a different tone depending on if the stock price is up or down (besides it showing the stock stats on the screen and before reading out the stock stats). The tone is a nice way of knowing how the stock is doing if I'm not looking at the screen, and before it reads out the actual stats.
Sep 4, 2016
200 posts
136 upvotes
Montreal
I hear Netflix cannot be played on this device, is that correct?
I am a Fizz, Rogers and Tangerine customer. Avid Linux user

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)