Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Lenovo Canada

Lenovo Smart Display 8" with the Google Assistant $134.99

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 14th, 2019 11:03 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jan 23, 2009
5582 posts
2441 upvotes
-=PASHA=- wrote: I can't believe that some people are willing to pay money to install a wiretap in their home :facepalm:
And the paranoia sets in ... Face With Tears Of Joy
Feb 22, 2017
429 posts
513 upvotes
Canada
Looks nice, would be good if Google Assistant wasn't a dumpster fire.
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2004
12785 posts
12969 upvotes
-=PASHA=- wrote: I can't believe that some people are willing to pay money to install a wiretap in their home :facepalm:
Sir, do you have a Smart phone? If you do, is it an Android?

IMO, 24hr spying is better done with Smartphones than Smart Home devices. I am not home for at least 60hrs a week. My phone doesn't leave me EVER!
Aug 24, 2007
535 posts
103 upvotes
Montreal
Xtrema wrote: Sir, do you have a Smart phone? If you do, is it an Android?

IMO, 24hr spying is better done with Smartphones than Smart Home devices. I am not home for at least 60hrs a week. My phone doesn't leave me EVER!
Hehe, good one :twisted:
Nov 11, 2006
330 posts
207 upvotes
East Kootenays
grumpy2906 wrote: Just ordered one from Walmart.ca

Your text to link here...

Shipping date is 20th of december.

It's in stock, gogogo
Missed the first opportunity w/WM so just ordered mine from BB, wasn't overly concerned having to pay an extra $11.99 plus taxes... guess we have more to learn LOL. Anyway, mine has shipped expecting tomorrow or the next.
Aug 4, 2007
720 posts
4263 upvotes
Mississauga
BritsinCanada wrote: Like your cell phone, router, printer, TV, laptop, tablet, cameras, car...?
I don't use any assistant and my camera/mic are disabled on my laptop, smartphone and tablet. My router, printer and TV does not have a camera/mic.
Aug 4, 2007
720 posts
4263 upvotes
Mississauga
Xtrema wrote: Sir, do you have a Smart phone? If you do, is it an Android?

It's an iPhone with Siri disabled. I'm not too worried about my location, just don't want a hacker to view or listen to my conversations.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2006
1905 posts
894 upvotes
GTA
-=PASHA=- wrote: I don't use any assistant and my camera/mic are disabled on my laptop, smartphone and tablet. My router, printer and TV does not have a camera/mic.
If you're connected to the internet, simply disabling it via software won't do the trick.
The only sure-fire way is to physically remove the hardware / cutting the wire.
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2004
12785 posts
12969 upvotes
-=PASHA=- wrote: It's an iPhone with Siri disabled. I'm not too worried about my location, just don't want a hacker to view or listen to my conversations.
I applaud your effort.

But I firmly believe in a not too distant future, a lack of cloud footprint will be treated as terrorists or suspicious individuals by governments of the world. It will start with China and then other government will adopt it because it will be the least resistant path.

I hope I am wrong tho.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2009
1494 posts
745 upvotes
London Area
So how 'bout those smokin' deals everyone? :rolleyes:
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2011
1064 posts
1179 upvotes
Calgary
hugs29 wrote: Go back to Best Buy and go straight to the Lenovo website they have it for 149.99 and $15off 134.99 after promo code applied Thumbs Up Sign They should beat it Buy $1.5
NowJoJo wrote: Ended up paying $149.99 plus tax at Best Buy as they refused the PM
Received this

Thanks for your email inquiry regarding a credit under our Lowest Price Guarantee for the Lenovo Smart Display 8" with Google Assistant advertised on BestBuy.ca.

Our Lowest Price Guarantee indicates that the advertised item must be sold and shipped by a valid retailer. After a closer look at the item offered by Lenovo it is Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) prices, therefore we are not able to approve this request.
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2004
12785 posts
12969 upvotes
Jonstar1 wrote: So how 'bout those smokin' deals everyone? :rolleyes:
It depends on your material of hat wear I guess :D
jwslam wrote: Received this

Thanks for your email inquiry regarding a credit under our Lowest Price Guarantee for the Lenovo Smart Display 8" with Google Assistant advertised on BestBuy.ca.

Our Lowest Price Guarantee indicates that the advertised item must be sold and shipped by a valid retailer. After a closer look at the item offered by Lenovo it is Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) prices, therefore we are not able to approve this request.
I guess only Walmart is valid PM target.

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/lenovo-sma ... 0198967666
Mar 26, 2015
271 posts
784 upvotes
Montreal, QC
NowJoJo wrote: Showing, not having... Called every store in my area all OOS even though it says in-stock.

Ended up paying $149.99 plus tax at Best Buy as they refused the PM
jwslam wrote: Our Lowest Price Guarantee indicates that the advertised item must be sold and shipped by a valid retailer. After a closer look at the item offered by Lenovo it is Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) prices, therefore we are not able to approve this request.
It's in-stock online again at Walmart, so best to do your price match now before it goes out-of-stock again.
Nov 17, 2010
364 posts
102 upvotes
Edmonton
One question, can I use it like tablet install apps to run my security cam app and others. thanks.
\
Dec 2, 2015
101 posts
281 upvotes
GTA
jwslam wrote: Received this

Pre-order lenovo smart display (+one free google home mini) at bestbuy.ca @ 259.99. One week after receiving the item,I found the price at lenovo.com/ca reduced to $129.99. Printed the receipt and went to Bestbuy store, they did PM for me and refunded $155 to my credit card.
Last edited by Yonge088 on Dec 19th, 2018 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2005
6748 posts
1781 upvotes
Montreal
You can't install apps however if the cam you're using integrates with Google Home, it might work. For example Ring and Nest (I believe) security cams do appear on it .
Phils
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2011
1064 posts
1179 upvotes
Calgary
Xtrema wrote: It depends on your material of hat wear I guess :D
I guess only Walmart is valid PM target.

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/lenovo-sma ... 0198967666
quasarito wrote: It's in-stock online again at Walmart, so best to do your price match now before it goes out-of-stock again.
Just ran into this problem on the phone.
denton1ph wrote: Unable to price match @ BB due to wrong walmart UPC code displayed in web
SIGH.
Jul 11, 2018
699 posts
498 upvotes
NowJoJo wrote: Showing, not having... Called every store in my area all OOS even though it says in-stock.

Ended up paying $149.99 plus tax at Best Buy as they refused the PM
I wouldn't rely on calling, I not only called but went into the store, to the electronics (/camera) section, the electronics guy insisted (without really looking) they had none, showed him their website said they have stock. I kept at it, despite his lazy insisting, until he buckled and had a manager check their inventory with some device he apparently didn't possess to find they were in the back and there was 6+.

This is where more insistent customers either get a definitive answer from someone, or get their product.
Best deals:
May 12, 2004
818 posts
122 upvotes
grumpy2906 wrote: Just ordered one from Walmart.ca

Your text to link here...

Shipping date is 20th of december.

It's in stock, gogogo
Thanks Just Cancelled my Lenovo order and ordered these Delivery Friday Dec 21st vs who knows when with Lenovo. My date changed 4 times so I don't want to wait any longer plus they are gifts, nicer to open a box vs a piece of paper that says coming soon ! LOL

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)