• Aug 12th, 2017 6:02 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
8277 posts
1820 upvotes
Toronto

[Walmart] MAINSTAYS Faux Leather Sofa Bed - Black, In Store$99

Walmart has these low end faux leather clik clak type sofa beds in the flyer this week for $99, in store only. Although the web page shows it priced at $219, the flyer leads to this page.
Reviews are mixed, but it might be useful for a basement, guest room or a student setting up a room for the new year. I have had one for 3-4 years and it is still intact and usable, and hasn't shown the kind of quality control issues that some users complain of.
This is best used as a cheap couch, only used occasionally for sleeping, since it is not very comfortable for sleeping. Better than the floor, though.
6 replies
Apr 18, 2008
202 posts
40 upvotes
Vancouver
My 2 cents. All furnitures we got from Walmart, the quality is pretty bad. Worse than Ikea quality. You can imagine how bad it is.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
8277 posts
1820 upvotes
Toronto
Smither wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 2:02 am
My 2 cents. All furnitures we got from Walmart, the quality is pretty bad. Worse than Ikea quality. You can imagine how bad it is.
Thatdealguy wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 2:13 am
Don't waste your money
You do have to have reasonable expectations. For $99 it is not going to be incredibly durable or fancy.
I use mine in the basement and have been happy with it, and actually am going to buy another one now, since the cats have used the current one as a scratching post. Just glad that I didn't spend $500 for a better one under the circumstances.
BTW Walmart's return/exchange policy on most things is 90 days, and I assume that this has a 1 year warranty, doubled to two years by a credit card. and probably in store warranty, since Mainstays is a Walmart brand.
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
28884 posts
946 upvotes
Fernando Po
idiotcanuck wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 2:22 am
You do have to have reasonable expectations. For $99 it is not going to be incredibly durable or fancy.
I use mine in the basement and have been happy with it, and actually am going to buy another one now, since the cats have used the current one as a scratching post. Just glad that I didn't spend $500 for a better one under the circumstances.
BTW Walmart's return/exchange policy on most things is 90 days, and I assume that this has a 1 year warranty, doubled to two years by a credit card. and probably in store warranty, since Mainstays is a Walmart brand.
You cats have good judgement.
"On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” -HL Mencken
Apr 18, 2008
202 posts
40 upvotes
Vancouver
My sister bought a padded portable bed from Walmart when I visited her for 1 week. By the end of 1 week, the center of the bed where I sleep is already sagging.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2007
2151 posts
353 upvotes
London
99$ is a good price. Sadly I paid over 200 for mine from JYSK. It's white though. Doesn't show much wear after a few months use.