184 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Mine are coming today, can't wait.
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2006
2933 posts
397 upvotes
Winnipeg
Just received mine yesterday.. ordered on monday, got it on thursday... I added Nonghim Tempura Udon Bowl for $1.69 to get it to over $50... after $20 evoucher that I wasn't able to use before, my total is $34.54... what a great deal.... on Amazon, this toy is US$180....!
[OP]
Nov 30, 2012
296 posts
219 upvotes
Burnaby
Looks like still in stock -- they must've had a lot of these! Received but haven't given it to the kid yet; others feel free to report back on how well it works.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2008
5150 posts
417 upvotes
Anybody tried cheap D batteries on these? Or is it better to get energizer?

BTW, don't buy the energizer rechargeable ones, they are just AA battery in a spacer.
Jul 23, 2011
161 posts
83 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Got mine on Friday. Anyone attempt the build yet? Any tips?
Sep 16, 2010
392 posts
62 upvotes
Mississauga
It shows CAD $337.94 for me and "Sold and shipped by Seller_From_USA". Looks like it's a third party seller now.
Deal Addict
May 30, 2011
2454 posts
865 upvotes
torspiker wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 8:20 am
It shows CAD $337.94 for me and "Sold and shipped by Seller_From_USA". Looks like it's a third party seller now.
When did walmart.ca start allowing 3rd party sellers?
Jul 23, 2011
161 posts
83 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Anyone have issues with updating the brain?
[OP]
Nov 30, 2012
296 posts
219 upvotes
Burnaby
Kaida9 wrote:
Feb 15th, 2018 8:11 pm
Anyone have issues with updating the brain?
Yeah, tried connecting the USB to a Windows 10 machine (a Sony Vaio) and it wasn't able to detect the brain. Others on the net have reported this as well on their Win10 machines. However, when I connected to a different Windows 10 (an old Lenovo X200), it worked. So seems to be very hit & miss.

Took us about 10hrs total to put it together -- found you really need to concentrate when assembling -- couple of times, my mind wandered and ended up putting the wrong piece (or the right piece but the wrong way) on. It does require some dexterity -- our just turned 7yr old was able to put together the simpler connections but I had to do a lot of it. Seems to be working right now -- haven't had time to really play with it but it has been responding pretty well to voice commands and was able to get it to "dance with me" by moving its arms.
Jul 23, 2011
161 posts
83 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Thank you, will give that a try then. Fingers crossed.
Tried starting it last night hoping to get a jump on it so I wouldn't have to spend all day Saturday building it. Very persistent 8 year old.
Oct 2, 2015
356 posts
109 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
Walmart screwed me over. Decided to ship it to store as I thought it would be safer. Expected pick up date on the 16th of Feb. I've been back and forth with them every day and they keep saying they don't know where it is.

Can't order another one because they're out of stock and the only thing they're telling me is to either wait or they can refund me.

Shouldn't have promised my nephew I'd get this for him.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2004
8464 posts
363 upvotes
Toronto
gtirsmiley wrote:
Feb 23rd, 2018 7:42 am
Walmart screwed me over. Decided to ship it to store as I thought it would be safer. Expected pick up date on the 16th of Feb. I've been back and forth with them every day and they keep saying they don't know where it is.

Can't order another one because they're out of stock and the only thing they're telling me is to either wait or they can refund me.

Shouldn't have promised my nephew I'd get this for him.
saw one in walmart store on the shelf, scanned at $49.
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."