• Oct 4th, 2019 9:06 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
1865 posts
1247 upvotes
Markham

[Walmart] Meguiar's Ultimate All Wheel Cleaner Rollback to $12.97

Spotted Meguiar's Ultimate All Wheel Cleaner at Walmart on Sheppard and Kennedy today for $12.97, rollback of $4.

For those who don't know, this is one of the cheaper alternatives to Iron-X which is like super expensive. It's PH neutral so safe on paint, waxes and ceramic coatings as a fallout remover which is why I use it. The solution (more gel-like for this product) makes contact with iron, effectively dissolves it and hoses right off.

Whether you use/like Meguiar's or not, an iron remover is a must have for those who are particular about cleaning and caring for their car.
IMG_3691.jpg

Koodo $40/8GB
Public Mobile $38/5GB
13 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2013
4128 posts
2426 upvotes
HDawg wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2019 7:27 pm
Spotted Meguiar's Ultimate All Wheel Cleaner at Walmart on Sheppard and Kennedy today for $12.97, rollback of $4.

For those who don't know, this is one of the cheaper alternatives to Iron-X which is like super expensive. It's PH neutral so safe on paint, waxes and ceramic coatings as a fallout remover which is why I use it. The solution (more gel-like for this product) makes contact with iron, effectively dissolves it and hoses right off.

Whether you use/like Meguiar's or not, an iron remover is a must have for those who are particular about cleaning and caring for their car.

IMG_3691.jpg
I use Iron-x, and it is really amazing (I own a white car) so this product is AS GOOD as Iron-x? And really safe for clear coat? Because some wheel cleaners strong enough to dissolve brake dust are just not recommended for application on car's paint..
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2009
2574 posts
448 upvotes
Toronto
How is it compared to sonax wheel cleaner??
Jan 29, 2004
30 posts
4 upvotes
DoorCrasher wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2019 7:40 pm
I use Iron-x, and it is really amazing (I own a white car) so this product is AS GOOD as Iron-x? And really safe for clear coat? Because some wheel cleaners strong enough to dissolve brake dust are just not recommended for application on car's paint..
its not as good as iron-x, it doesn't seem to break down the iron particles as well, if Iron-x was a 9/10, this is like a 7.5.

its a bit thicker as well. Some may prefer this. I use it because it just doesn't hurt my wallet as much.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
1865 posts
1247 upvotes
Markham
DoorCrasher wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2019 7:40 pm
I don’t use Iron-X but I do normally use BDX. To be truthful, I find BDX more effective but I bought a bottle of Meg’s during the summer and do think it’s ok. Main thing really is that it’s a cheaper alternative but still decent.

As for being safe, I use it on my daily which is ceramic coated and I don’t notice my hydrophobic properties being degraded nor see any discoloring of the paint.

Koodo $40/8GB
Public Mobile $38/5GB
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2013
4128 posts
2426 upvotes
Gamite wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2019 9:41 pm
its not as good as iron-x, it doesn't seem to break down the iron particles as well, if Iron-x was a 9/10, this is like a 7.5.

its a bit thicker as well. Some may prefer this. I use it because it just doesn't hurt my wallet as much.
HDawg wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2019 9:54 pm
I don’t use Iron-X but I do normally use BDX. To be truthful, I find BDX more effective but I bought a bottle of Meg’s during the summer and do think it’s ok. Main thing really is that it’s a cheaper alternative but still decent.

As for being safe, I use it on my daily which is ceramic coated and I don’t notice my hydrophobic properties being degraded nor see any discoloring of the paint.
Thank you both for the replies. I'll pass on this deal, with a white car I really need something effective
Dec 19, 2015
84 posts
3 upvotes
North York, ON
junk
and leaves so much bubbles even after you rinse the wheels like crazy

you need to really scrub it hard
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2008
1145 posts
277 upvotes
Used it on Pearl white this past summer. Works great. Wheel well area was rusty, this removed it down to bare metal.
Penalty Box
Jul 23, 2007
2453 posts
1163 upvotes
Vancouver
Use this daily
Clean and shiny
Feb 2, 2010
552 posts
358 upvotes
Cambridge
steven_s wrote:
Oct 4th, 2019 5:05 pm
Used sonax and going through Adam's right now. They're about the same. I will go back to sonax at 5L/$100

https://www.costco.ca/SONAX-Extreme-Ful ... 19925.html
So Sonax and Adams also remove Iron deposits from paint, or do you just use them on wheels? I have a white van and it took me about 2 hours to remove fallout from half of it using an artificial claybar last summer, looking for an easier alternative.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2008
1226 posts
651 upvotes
This is a pretty decent wheel cleaner. I've gone through 1 bottle in about 3 washes (but I was pretty thorough in those 3 washes, and I also use this for my exhaust tips).

I have gloss black rims and I do notice that no matter how much I seem to rinse the lug nuts area, soap finds a way to leak out a bit and "stain" after the wheel dries. Agitation is highly recommended, although it does clean if you just spray on... I've gotten 2-3x better results by using a microfibre brush.

All in all it does the job. I'd try IronX if it was cheaper. Another user linked the Sonax from Costco, at $12.97 for 709mL of Meguiar's.. it will cost ~$91 for 5L of solution. Which is still < $99.99 for 5L Sonax. But at regular price, Sonax is cheaper.

I guess it really depends on how often you clean your wheels and product preference.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2007
1154 posts
53 upvotes
Toronto
Tapout123 wrote:
Oct 4th, 2019 5:35 pm
So Sonax and Adams also remove Iron deposits from paint, or do you just use them on wheels? I have a white van and it took me about 2 hours to remove fallout from half of it using an artificial claybar last summer, looking for an easier alternative.
Technically you can use it for your car but I believe it will be less effective as wheel cleaners are usually less harsh to cover different aspects (alloys, chrome, powercoats, anodized).
cristianosham wrote:
Oct 4th, 2019 7:23 pm
Been using sonax and that stuff stinks like radioactive lime green poo. It does turn purple but it clogs my sprayer tip after use.
Smell is subjective. I personally don't find it bothersome at all and adam's is the same 'pungency' i would say. Neither have ever clogged any sprayers I've used either from sonax or currently dollarama (although $3 made in usa? might be the dealbreaker here lol)