Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Walmart

Mobil 1™ Advanced Fuel Economy 0W-20 4.73L - Case of 3 = $80.91 ($26.97/jug)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 21st, 2020 12:04 am
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2004
1049 posts
622 upvotes
Earth
2kaccordcoupe wrote: why stock pile it, what if you change cars, what if blah blah blah
oil is a buy as you need to consume product, it goes on sale so often that is makes zero logical sense to store it long term

EXACTLY I bought 3 jugs of 5w20 of Penzoil last November. Wrote off the truck in December. New truck takes different oil now.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2017
4615 posts
3080 upvotes
2kaccordcoupe wrote: why stock pile it, what if you change cars, what if blah blah blah
oil is a buy as you need to consume product, it goes on sale so often that is makes zero logical sense to store it long term
A household has atleast 2 cars or more and doing oil changes makes sense to stock up.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
Great deal.

Too bad I just saw this thread lol.

Good thing I've got supply for two more oil changes.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2015
8049 posts
8626 upvotes
Downtown Canada
I disagree, I bought cases when deal was around each case costs me the same as you would pay per jug now.

walmart-15-litres-castrol-motor-oil-80-off-2286258/
Telus $30/75GB USA/CAN + $0 VVM (USA roaming + USA calling included) X 5 lines

Seeing ads while surfing the web? Get Ad Guard ad blocker.
Jun 1, 2008
501 posts
709 upvotes
London
hseeng wrote:
EXACTLY I bought 3 jugs of 5w20 of Penzoil last November. Wrote off the truck in December. New truck takes different oil now.
1. Writing off your vehicle isn't common practice in most households.
2. People typically have the same car for many years, atleast most people I personally know.
3. You can save a ton stock piling when on sale rather than waiting for when you need it. You run the risk of buying at full price because it's not on sale when you need it.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2008
2054 posts
3039 upvotes
Airdrie
0w40 and 10w30 still available.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2016
2443 posts
2978 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
cowbunpants wrote: The fuel economy bit is probably snake oil. Still a nice price. Might switch from 5 w20 non synthetic to this.
If you've been using it conventional for a while I highly wouldn't say you do. It usually causes a knock or the oil pan starts leaking.
The Biggest of the Big has arrived!
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2013
1569 posts
1329 upvotes
Toronto
Bigboy16 wrote: If you've been using it conventional for a while I highly wouldn't say you do. It usually causes a knock or the oil pan starts leaking.
Why would the oil pan start leaking?
I can see knock, remotely possible I guess.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2016
2443 posts
2978 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
cowbunpants wrote: Why would the oil pan start leaking?
I can see knock, remotely possible I guess.
The synthetic oil might clean up any goo that was preventing any leaks and what not.

It's your call though. Hopefully nothing happens! Wish you the best of luck
The Biggest of the Big has arrived!