• Jan 16th, 2018 7:08 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2015
2095 posts
1355 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[Walmart] Nestle Pure Life Natural Spring Water 24x 500ml bottles $1.88

Starts Jan 11, Ends Jan 17 at Walmart. Saw it on their flyer.
Screenshot_2018-01-10-23-09-13-1.png
36 replies
May 3, 2016
89 posts
52 upvotes
Is it just me or if you store Nestle water for like 2 weeks or so (maybe shorter during summer/hot days), they develop a weird taste? I don't know how to describe it. It's sorta plasticy. When they're fresh, the taste isn't as noticeable but it's there. If you store them for a longer time, it gets stronger.

I never have this issue with Kirkland/PC branded water.
Jun 28, 2014
170 posts
162 upvotes
Ajax, ON
PerrierWater wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 11:47 pm
Is it just me or if you store Nestle water for like 2 weeks or so (maybe shorter during summer/hot days), they develop a weird taste? I don't know how to describe it. It's sorta plasticy. When they're fresh, the taste isn't as noticeable but it's there. If you store them for a longer time, it gets stronger.

I know what you mean, like a dusty plastic taste. The last amazon $1.99 deal posted on here not too long ago arrived & half were frozen solid. The ones which weren't had that taste you are talking about. 2.5 Cases went down the sink. Seriously considering a water filer but don't wanna spend too much on one, like $100 or so but so many to choose from.
May 30, 2015
512 posts
148 upvotes
Toronto, ON
good price for a mediocre spring water. Avoid Nestlé when you can..

Thanks OP.

PS: Dont listen to those clueless comments
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2004
8560 posts
382 upvotes
Toronto
PERFECT, need to stock up 10 cases.
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
Oct 5, 2012
115 posts
43 upvotes
OTTAWA
PerrierWater wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 11:47 pm

Full disclosure: I work for a company that sells water in a paper-board container, rather than plastic bottles, so I'll do my best not to be too biased here.

Depending on the quality of the materials used in packaging goods, there will almost always be some form of residual taste from the packaging. This is significantly more apparent in clear packaging, as it does not provide much resistance to UV light. Nestle uses a thinner bottle than most companies, as a cost saving measure, so it provides even less resistance than other plastic packaged brands, and causes the residual taste to become more apparent at a more rapid pace.
Aug 20, 2008
327 posts
90 upvotes
GTA
This water is literally always this price at various retailers throughout the GTA... not sure why this warrants a new thread?
Jan 17, 2010
195 posts
83 upvotes
Vancouver
freebies53 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 11:00 am
This water is literally always this price at various retailers throughout the GTA... not sure why this warrants a new thread?
Because we're ALL from the GTA right?
Feb 12, 2006
621 posts
40 upvotes
My uncle works for a transport company. Few years ago he brought a truck load of Nestle water from New York to BC. I don't know if the water was being returned to BC or if it came from NY to sell here in BC.
Last edited by james-007 on Jan 11th, 2018 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Good insults are hard to find. Why waste them on someone you don't like.
Nov 1, 2017
259 posts
70 upvotes
zcrosby89 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 10:22 am
Full disclosure: I work for a company that sells water in a paper-board container, rather than plastic bottles, so I'll do my best not to be too biased here.

Depending on the quality of the materials used in packaging goods, there will almost always be some form of residual taste from the packaging. This is significantly more apparent in clear packaging, as it does not provide much resistance to UV light. Nestle uses a thinner bottle than most companies, as a cost saving measure, so it provides even less resistance than other plastic packaged brands, and causes the residual taste to become more apparent at a more rapid pace.
That's concerning.

If I can't store it the cases I bought from Amazon, then they are useless.

Can you filter it to remove the taste?
Last edited by PerformingAzura on Jan 11th, 2018 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2007
1095 posts
106 upvotes
Edmonton
Weird! my (AB) flyer shows $2.xx.

Oh well, still cheapest.
Aug 20, 2008
327 posts
90 upvotes
GTA
roger85 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 12:36 pm
yes, most are. and it was even on amazon for this price. you people should just use flipp or reebee...
Aug 4, 2007
404 posts
159 upvotes
Mississauga
roger85 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 12:36 pm
I've been to BC and tried your local Nestle water from Hope. Even though it was over $9 from Safeway (after all the fees) it didn't taste half as good as Nestle water from Aberfoyle, ON. And I was surprised that in AB they were selling Nestle water from ON and not from BC, given the proximity.
Jan 17, 2010
195 posts
83 upvotes
Vancouver
-=PASHA=- wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 3:45 pm
I've been to BC and tried your local Nestle water from Hope. Even though it was over $9 from Safeway (after all the fees) it didn't taste half as good as Nestle water from Aberfoyle, ON. And I was surprised that in AB they were selling Nestle water from ON and not from BC, given the proximity.
How many different tastes of water are there? To me, tap water and filtered water, that's about it.
Aug 4, 2007
404 posts
159 upvotes
Mississauga
roger85 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 4:20 pm
How many different tastes of water are there? To me, tap water and filtered water, that's about it.
I'm guessing that you've never tried to drink a spring water. It tastes a lot different than either tap or filtered water.
Regarding bottled water, I don't like the taste of Nestle from Hope, BC, Real Canadian water. On the other hand, I like the taste of Kirkland and Aberfoyle water (now known as Nestle Pure Life).