632 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Good price
Amazon has it for $2.99 but can’t get it FS
Aug 18, 2009
812 posts
273 upvotes
Toronto
I just assumed sub $2.00 pricing on this was the norm. I had no idea it was a GTA thing...
Oct 5, 2012
115 posts
43 upvotes
OTTAWA
PerformingAzura wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 3:00 pm
That's concerning.

If I can't store it the cases I bought from Amazon are useless.

Can you filter it to remove the taste?
Store away from constant light, and you're fine. I'm not sure about removing the taste via filter, unfortunately. I'd also avoid freezing it, where possible.

The company I work for has specifically made residual taste a concern when we designed the package, but that leads to a more expensive product, which hinders pricing flexibility to the ultimate consumer, unfortunately.
Mar 3, 2015
7 posts
5 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
For Nestle 24pk, the typical Ontario price is 1.88-1.99, Quebec is 2.22-2.77, Atlantic is 2.77-2.99, West (Manitoba onwards) hottest you'll see is 2.22, typical 2.77-2.99. That's what you'll see in stores all summer.

For what it's worth, you'll find much better deals on the store branded water (Kirkland/PC/RC/Great Value/Compliments/etc.). Retailers lose less money on their own brands than Nestle, and I've heard its better water. Plus there are a number of concerns about how Nestle sources their water, specifically whether they're adequately compensating the municipalities.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
1071 posts
332 upvotes
London, ON
how does this nestle compare to kirkland costco water? same stuff?
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2011
2915 posts
220 upvotes
roger85 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 12:36 pm
Because we're ALL from the GTA right?
Not just the GTA, goes down to around a $1.50 at no frills around Ontario periodically, $1.88 is definitely a good deal. Prefer the Real Canadian or Pc water.
Commemorative loonie rolls, quarter rolls, 50 cent rolls all different kinds of rolls contact for details. Venetian glass bee $250 plus shipping. 20for20 canoe $30 shipped 20for20 polar bear $30 shipped. Lots of 5 packs loons, toons and quaters
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
22400 posts
2852 upvotes
roger85 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 4:20 pm
How many different tastes of water are there? To me, tap water and filtered water, that's about it.
To me there's tap water, bottled water (all other types), and then Pure Death--worst. Bottled water. Evar! Seriously only bottled water I've drank that has a throat-burning/drying sensation after swallowing, just makes you feel more thirsty after drinking. Haven't bought this garbage in years. I have no idea why people like this stuff or buy it or how Nestle makes a gazillion dollars from selling what is the worst attempt at a thirst quencher ever known to man--seriously the syrup that is SunnyD will make you feel less thirsty than this junk. Every other bottled water out there, from store brands, to other name-branded varieties is perfectly fine, but Pure Death? No thanks. I wouldn't feed that garbage to dogs even--that would be animal cruelty!

Those major differences aside, there are certainly more subtle differences in taste between various waters--I can taste a difference between Dasani and Aquafina for example. However this is much more subtle, and nothing that is the raging burning feeling of Pure Death!
Aug 31, 2006
431 posts
101 upvotes
Calgary
sk1001 wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 12:46 pm
how does this nestle compare to kirkland costco water? same stuff?
You'd have to look at the labels and taste it yourself. Here in the West, i find the places where Kirkland, Superstore, Co-op sources their water to taste absolutely awful (High River, AB). I stick with Nestle since its sourced from the original area that Costco used to use. (Hope, BC)
Sep 16, 2013
191 posts
68 upvotes
SW ON
zcrosby89 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 10:22 am
Full disclosure: I work for a company that sells water in a paper-board container, rather than plastic bottles, so I'll do my best not to be too biased here.

Depending on the quality of the materials used in packaging goods, there will almost always be some form of residual taste from the packaging. This is significantly more apparent in clear packaging, as it does not provide much resistance to UV light. Nestle uses a thinner bottle than most companies, as a cost saving measure, so it provides even less resistance than other plastic packaged brands, and causes the residual taste to become more apparent at a more rapid pace.
What does it have to do with UV light? UV light is good for water. Many water purification plants nowadays disinfect tap water with UV light.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2015
2044 posts
1304 upvotes
Toronto, ON
alpovs wrote:
Jan 14th, 2018 1:17 pm
What does it have to do with UV light? UV light is good for water. Many water purification plants nowadays disinfect tap water with UV light.
I think UV light + plastic + water is the problem, not UV light + water.
Deal Addict
May 27, 2004
1001 posts
278 upvotes
I really wish people would just realize that bottled water in Ontario is simply Guelph's tap water.

These companies have made fools out of everybody, by getting people to buy a free resource.

Aberfoyle and Puslinsch are basically suburban Guelph btw.
Jan 17, 2010
195 posts
83 upvotes
Vancouver
pakmode wrote:
Jan 14th, 2018 6:30 pm
I really wish people would just realize that bottled water in Ontario is simply Guelph's tap water.

These companies have made fools out of everybody, by getting people to buy a free resource.

Aberfoyle and Puslinsch are basically suburban Guelph btw.
You can think of it this way. We're paying $1.88 for people to filter the water, bottle it, and package it for us nicely.
Jul 20, 2009
192 posts
177 upvotes
Instead of creating another thread I'll just post in here...hopefully not a repost. 15 pack of 500 mL bottles is $1 at Safeway/Sobey's west. My location didn't have 15 packs so they substituted 12 packs for $0.80. Sale is on until Thursday and is on front page of flyer.