• Jan 10th, 2019 10:16 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
2348 posts
532 upvotes
Belle River
RFDDAN wrote:
Jan 4th, 2019 3:41 pm
These games still sale like hotcakes at full price, so why would Nintendo bother reducing their prices?
To bring new people in. The fanboys or semi-fanboys like "us" (well I'm more of an idiot RFD'er than a fanboy) buy almost anything Nintendo puts out at almost any price, but once we die they're in trouble. I guess they are OK for another 50yrs or so :).
Nov 27, 2013
613 posts
515 upvotes
Seems like this price is still ongoing according to this weeks flyer.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2008
1158 posts
613 upvotes
ProtossCraft wrote:
Jan 4th, 2019 4:54 pm
My friend at bestbuy told me that bestbuy headquarters sent out a memo to pull all switch stock out of inventory from public so that they dont need to price match walmart. LOL
Yeah that didn't happen.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2002
4677 posts
1074 upvotes
Vancouver
RCSS has it for same price
Jul 2, 2018
103 posts
51 upvotes
ProtossCraft wrote:
Jan 4th, 2019 4:54 pm
My friend at bestbuy told me that bestbuy headquarters sent out a memo to pull all switch stock out of inventory from public so that they dont need to price match walmart. LOL
BestBuy always plays dirty tricks like that. I hate shopping at bestbuy for this reason. You either honour your price match policy or don't advertise it at all.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2008
2428 posts
866 upvotes
North York
DanP wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 6:26 pm
Yeah that didn't happen.
******** stuff like that gets posted when 13 year old are allowed to post.

"My friend" at minimum wage was aware of Bestbuy's evil genius plan to hoard all Nintendo Switches... We know with price match 1 billion Nin Switches would have sold in Canada during a week n a half causing Global economical imbalance...
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2007
1035 posts
119 upvotes
Calgary
Squall21 wrote:
Jan 4th, 2019 1:33 pm
lol I don't like pirating, but this I can agree with.

Even "new" games like Let's Go Pikachu shouldn't be $80 plus tax. It's literally the same game we've played 100 times over with slightly different features and updated graphics. It's practically a game of "Spot the Difference".
yet it still sold well.

my entire switch game library right now is just super mario odyssey, mario kart, mario party, zelda and let's go eevee. pretty much done buying switch games. i'm thinking about hacking my switch as it's one of the vulnerable units (bought it feb last year).
Nov 1, 2015
554 posts
387 upvotes
North Vancouver, BC
Clement wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 9:45 pm
yet it still sold well.

my entire switch game library right now is just super mario odyssey, mario kart, mario party, zelda and let's go eevee. pretty much done buying switch games. i'm thinking about hacking my switch as it's one of the vulnerable units (bought it feb last year).
That's because Pokemon Go players throw hundreds of dollars into the game each month..
Oct 20, 2013
179 posts
86 upvotes
Clement wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 9:45 pm
yet it still sold well.

Lol you can’t really complain when you bought a copy of Pokémon Let’s Go as well. Unless you bought it on sale or used.

On the bright side, your physical copies and peripherals will likely retain a lot of value. I consider it a better investment than buying a Xbox. But I will be extra choosy in what I buy.