Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Walmart

Online only - JBL LINK 10 Smart Portable Bluetooth Speaker with Google Assistant - $89.99 (was $219.98)

Aug 14, 2016
49 posts
53 upvotes

[Walmart] Online only - JBL LINK 10 Smart Portable Bluetooth Speaker with Google Assistant - $89.99 (was $219.98)

Nice deal for a smart speaker. It's like a Google Home but (most probably) with better sound quality, is portable (!!) and waterproof. Can someone confirm if it's a decent smart speaker for its price?
Stock.ga showing 282 units available online at the time of posting.

Stock Update: 218 as of 10:18 PM ET December 14th 2018

From Walmart.ca:

The JBL Link 10 is a voice activated portable speaker with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth® enabled that delivers immersive stereo sound. It has the Google Assistant built-in. It’s your own personal Google. Always ready to help. You can ask it questions. And tell it to do things. The more you use it, the more useful it gets. Just start with “Ok Google” – a simple voice request triggers your JBL Link 10 to play music, podcasts or radio from services like Google Play Music, Spotify, Pandora and more. This compact speaker is powered by a 4000mAh rechargeable Li-ion battery that offers 5 hours of continuous, high-quality audio playtime. Featured with durable, waterproof fabric materials, JBL Link 10 is ready to outlast all your adventures. And with the Chromecast built-in, you can instantly start streaming to JBL Link 10 from your favorite music apps.
  • Transducer: 2 x 45mm
  • Output power: 2 x 8W
  • Frequency response: 65Hz–20kHz
  • Signal-to-noise ratio: 80dB
  • Battery type: Lithium-ion Polymer (3.7V, 4000mAh)
  • Battery charge time: 4 hours @5V 1A
  • Music play time: up to 5 hours (varies by volume level and content)
  • Wireless network: 802.11b/g/n/ac (2.4/5GHz)
  • Bluetooth version: 4.2
  • Supported audio formats: HE-AAC, LC-AAC, MP3, Vorbis, WAV (LPCM), FLAC, Opus
  • Dimensions (Dia x H): 86mm x 169mm
  • Weight: 710g
Last edited by Bashcue on Dec 14th, 2018 10:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
31 replies
Dec 20, 2003
397 posts
403 upvotes
Toronto
Might be a pricing error. BestBuy has it on sale for $149.99 - so PM it to bring it down to $83.99!
Feb 9, 2018
154 posts
689 upvotes
No error. Staples have this for the same price. Walmart has reduced the price in response. There is another ongoing thread in this forum for the Staples deal.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
22988 posts
6878 upvotes
Scarberia
So this like having a google home with great sound system.?

Even cheaper if u got evouchers 5 to 20off YMMV
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12251 posts
3582 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote: So this like having a google home with great sound system.?

Even cheaper if u got evouchers 5 to 20off YMMV
Was wondering this, though, is it mostly a speaker with Google assistant built in to answer questions etc, or can you control smart home functions with it, like a GH?
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 22, 2012
7712 posts
10724 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Thanks, bought with a 10 off evoucher!
Nov 28, 2016
770 posts
422 upvotes
rugerty100 wrote: Thanks, bought with a 10 off evoucher!
Where can I get the voucher? Thx
Lurking on RFD for years. Finally decided to make an account...😂
Aug 14, 2016
49 posts
53 upvotes
dealyou wrote: Where can I get the voucher? Thx
I think it was a bf or cyber Monday offer. It was a $10 off a $100 purchase voucher and you had to make a $100+ purchase to get it.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 22, 2012
7712 posts
10724 upvotes
Richmond Hill
dealyou wrote: Where can I get the voucher? Thx
Sorry, I don't remember. There were posts on RFD from time to time with eVoucher coupons. It was probably from ~2016
Feb 2, 2006
565 posts
439 upvotes
I have this speaker. It's also a built in Chromecast so perfect for listening to tunes in the backyard and letting multiple phones control the queue. And best of all, it pairs to wifi so no need to stream through Bluetooth and drain your battery.

The battery life isn't very good though compared to the newer Link 20 (5 hours vs 10).

Great sounding speaker though.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
4798 posts
1796 upvotes
Jbl will sound better then most speakers Bluetooth speaker especially at this price. You getting a good speaker with free Google assistant.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
22988 posts
6878 upvotes
Scarberia
can this be used plugged in all the time? i dont really need wireless, i just keep it in my bedroom near my router. thx

i used up my 15 and 20 evouchers..not sure how i got them lol

i still have two 10$ vouchers
Subtotal:$89.99 Walmart shipping: FREE eVoucher order savings:$-10.00Eco handling fees :$0.75HST:$10.50 Order Total**: $91.24
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2858 posts
3893 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
mikka2017 wrote: can this be used plugged in all the time? i dont really need wireless, i just keep it in my bedroom near my router. thx

i used up my 15 and 20 evouchers..not sure how i got them lol

i still have two 10$ vouchers

I'll pass on this for the same reason, odd choice for them to make it wireless, Google Assistant speaker should be always on and ready for questions, hence why the GHmini is also wired. Nothing is stopping you from keeping it always plugged in but you'll kill the battery that way and eventually the battery will hold very little to no charge, where you'll be forced to charge it while off for hours to get less than 1hr of play time. The same thing happened to my Amazon tablet, wife was always leaving it plugged in where now it has to be charged powered off, takes about 20mins before it builds up enough juice to even power on.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2017
3859 posts
2814 upvotes
remik wrote: I'll pass on this for the same reason, odd choice for them to make it wireless, Google Assistant speaker should be always on and ready for questions, hence why the GHmini is also wired. Nothing is stopping you from keeping it always plugged in but you'll kill the battery that way and eventually the battery will hold very little to no charge, where you'll be forced to charge it while off for hours to get less than 1hr of play time. The same thing happened to my Amazon tablet, wife was always leaving it plugged in where now it has to be charged powered off, takes about 20mins before it builds up enough juice to even power on.
It's not necessarily true that keeping a battery-powered device plugged in all the time will kill the battery - it depends on the charge-management circuit. I have some battery-powered devices that have been plugged in most of the time for years, and the battery hasn't suffered excessively. A smart charger monitors the battery and only charges it when it drops by a certain amount, like 20%. Unfortunately there's no way to tell how smart the charging circuit is in devices like this, and the chances are probably greater that it isn't smart.

I was tempted briefly, but let's get real here - a speaker the size of a beer can is never going to sound great, even with artificially pumped-up bass. I'd just be disappointed in the sound. And it doesn't even seem to have a wired input.
Mar 26, 2015
271 posts
784 upvotes
Montreal, QC
One thing I've read in reviews is that it does not support voice calling. Not necessarily a deal breaker as I don't know how useful that is for most users. One concern I would have would be that it does not get the timely updates that the Google Home or Mini receive. If updates are controlled by JBL it may quickly fall behind in terms of features.
Nov 19, 2009
744 posts
677 upvotes
Toronto
I bought this yesterday and I'm not in love with it. I'm finding the Google Home functionality sorta worthless. Half the times it doesn't hear me when I say "OK Google". Also, if it's unplugged and not in use it seems to turn itself off? So you go to say "OK Google" and it's off. Start up time on this thing is atrocious too. 20-30 seconds from pushing the button to actually using. all that being said, sound quality is quite good so if you're just looking for a waterproof speaker, it's pretty good.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 14, 2018
9940 posts
40650 upvotes
This or google home mini? It will sit at my computer desk... Will be using it for Fortnite dropper.
hi :)
Aug 14, 2016
49 posts
53 upvotes
quasarito wrote: One thing I've read in reviews is that it does not support voice calling. Not necessarily a deal breaker as I don't know how useful that is for most users. One concern I would have would be that it does not get the timely updates that the Google Home or Mini receive. If updates are controlled by JBL it may quickly fall behind in terms of features.
Yes I don't believe the calling feature is that useful. I have the home mini and I haven't used the calling feature yet as most of the time I have my phone beside me and I don't want everyone else to hear my conversations. Maybe that's just me but yeah...and about the updates, I read that JBL is trying to get Google to send them updates faster than they already do. I do believe Google is doing that intentionally to sell more of their devices as any other business would do.