Walmart online returns in-store have changed

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 11th, 2018 1:18 pm
[OP]
Dec 5, 2005
804 posts
116 upvotes

Walmart online returns in-store have changed

Not sure if this is a new trial program or permanent across all stores.

I returned an online purchase in-store at Walmart yesterday. It was a different process from normal (where they would just do everything at the front cash with your CC).

The CS went to a small computer on the back counter with my order number and then clicked a big green return button on the screen.

She then wrote me a little chit of paper which had my return information. And I received an email from walmart.ca shortly after that said my return was being processed.

Will just need to check that the return to CC actually worked.
2 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
1123 posts
375 upvotes
London
chaingunsofdoom wrote:
Jun 11th, 2018 1:11 pm
Not sure if this is a new trial program or permanent across all stores.

I returned an online purchase in-store at Walmart yesterday. It was a different process from normal (where they would just do everything at the front cash with your CC).

The CS went to a small computer on the back counter with my order number and then clicked a big green return button on the screen.

She then wrote me a little chit of paper which had my return information. And I received an email from walmart.ca shortly after that said my return was being processed.

Will just need to check that the return to CC actually worked.
sounds like there doing it how chapters and toys r us do it now. sounds like there logging into the online system to process it though they probably do it like this cuz alot of the stuff sold online may not even be carried in store.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2003
5560 posts
1558 upvotes
Moncton, NB
They have been doing this for a few weeks now at my local walmart. The first time I saw them do it she couldn't log in. it kept reverting back to the main page. She eventually gave up and returned my item the old fashion way.

After that I went to return something else and it didn't that that long but still it would be quicker just to return it at the cash :)