Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Walmart

Ontario -Walmart 60watt 2700k led bulbs 3.99 - 3.00 save on energy $1.51 total.

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 30th, 2016 1:59 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2012
1306 posts
1549 upvotes
Richmond Hill

[Walmart] Ontario -Walmart 60watt 2700k led bulbs 3.99 - 3.00 save on energy $1.51 total.

Not on their website yet, I had 5 coupons on hand and saw about a skid of these leds at Major Mack. and Bayview.

Seems to be a regular priced item, will be interesting when if they will reduce the price further. May indeed become essentially free led bulbs subsidized by Ontario tax payers. Still better than paying out hundreds of millions to cancel some power plants. :(

The cashier just punched in the coupon discount so its taxes on 3.99. Total came to 1.51 as shown on receipt below.

Link to Save on Energy Coupon page https://www.saveonenergy.ca/Consumer/Pr ... UPONS.aspx

receipt https://i.imgur.com/gm3wUR5.jpg
Last edited by sirxterminator on Sep 24th, 2016 11:34 pm, edited 6 times in total.
49 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2007
3260 posts
909 upvotes
Northern Hemisphere
Are these instant light up?
For wars they come and go, but my soldiers stay eternal.- Tupac
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2012
1306 posts
1549 upvotes
Richmond Hill
fboybcb wrote: Are these instant light up?
All leds are pretty much instant on off, faster than any other forms of lighting.

'Dimability and ability to be used in confined spaces are the two major factors to consider IMO

2700K may also be a little two yellowy for some peoples tastes although this whiteness of light probably resembles incandescent lighting.

ATM $1.51 each is probably the best price for this type of bulb.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2007
3260 posts
909 upvotes
Northern Hemisphere
The ones I bought at Costco were not instant so need to know if these are. It's a pain for some LEDs that take time to light up to its full potential.
Deal Guru
Sep 8, 2007
10978 posts
14471 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
fboybcb wrote: The ones I bought at Costco were not instant so need to know if these are. It's a pain for some LEDs that take time to light up to its full potential.
Strange all of the LEDs I've used have been instant on. CFLs on the other hand were hit or miss. Some had a delay or started up dim.

Do know which brand you experienced this with?
Jan 31, 2007
900 posts
114 upvotes
toronto(pape and dan…
Thanks op. Got them for free. I use $5 coupon lol
Images
  • 14747419832161042602288.jpg
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7725 posts
5238 upvotes
Canada
Are the coupon Ontario only?
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2007
3260 posts
909 upvotes
Northern Hemisphere
Oh nevermind. Your right as I just checked its CFL bulbs that I got. Is it suppose to have delays?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2006
6424 posts
471 upvotes
Toronto
Is the deal at all stores?? :)
is it free :cheesygri
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
17117 posts
3872 upvotes
GTA
CFLs are light tubes so yes it takes a while for the gasses to ignite
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2012
1306 posts
1549 upvotes
Richmond Hill
501 wrote: Is the deal at all stores?? :)
YMMV using the $5 coupon, you probably can get away with it until managers or head office issues a notice on what is acceptable.

Most cashiers don't care if there is a long line up, they are not going to carefully read, less even understand what leds qualify. They are relying on the buyers good conscious not to exploit the system.

Not judging anyone, but each must live with their own sense of ethics. In the end, Ontario tax payers will probably foot the bill for any accounting issues on this program.

This is a major problem with these coupons in determining what leds fall under $3 vs $5. There was a big discussion on this with the Lowe's deals earlier this year where we got similar bulbs for $1.14.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2004
6651 posts
995 upvotes
GTA
is there a limit on how many coupon we can use at once?
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2012
1306 posts
1549 upvotes
Richmond Hill
greg123 wrote: is there a limit on how many coupon we can use at once?
coupon states you must use 1 coupon per bulb, but can purchase 5 bulbs on one receipt max.
Oct 3, 2003
130 posts
13 upvotes
I just purchased 60 bulbs and had no issues using the $3.00 coupons all at once at the Agincourt Mall location.
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2014
1148 posts
893 upvotes
Grey County, ON
This is a good deal with the $3 coupon. Anyone who has used or accepted the $5 coupon on this product either hasn't read the details or has chosen to ignore the fact that the coupon is valid for specialty "LED bulbs which are not A-lamps." The picture of the bulbs in the first post clearly shows packaging with A19 written on the top left. If customers or cashiers don't bother to check that, then mistakes happen but nobody should encourage or laugh about invalid usage of the $5 coupons when they clearly are not applicable to general LED bulbs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A-series_light_bulb
Last edited by GabbyWC on Sep 25th, 2016 1:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jan 31, 2007
900 posts
114 upvotes
toronto(pape and dan…
I did not read the coupon properly. But when I came back to the store. I gave them 25 pcs of coupon. No problem at all.

My total score is 28 light bulbs for free lol

greg123 wrote: is there a limit on how many coupon we can use at once?
Deal Guru
Sep 8, 2007
10978 posts
14471 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
sirxterminator wrote:
501 wrote: Is the deal at all stores?? :)
YMMV using the $5 coupon, you probably can get away with it until managers or head office issues a notice on what is acceptable.

Most cashiers don't care if there is a long line up, they are not going to carefully read, less even understand what leds qualify. They are relying on the buyers good conscious not to exploit the system.

Not judging anyone, but each must live with their own sense of ethics. In the end, Ontario tax payers will probably foot the bill for any accounting issues on this program.

This is a major problem with these coupons in determining what leds fall under $3 vs $5. There was a big discussion on this with the Lowe's deals earlier this year where we got similar bulbs for $1.14.
Ontario taxpayers and electricity bill payers are already footing the bill for Ontarios bungled electricity rates. So spare me the lectures on the cost to "taxpayers" on a $5 coupon.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)