[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2009
13567 posts
2123 upvotes
Toronto
kgkuan wrote:
May 19th, 2017 10:27 am
Is this Swaddlers Overnites better when comparing to Baby Dry?
Yes, by far. But they also cost a lot more.

BTW, these aren't magic. They're just thicker with more gel, so it can hold more. So, they may come in handy for say road trips and stuff where he may be sitting for a couple hours after lunch or whatever.
bdbell84 wrote:
May 19th, 2017 10:41 am
wtf? i had no idea these existed. so *pissed* (bad bun) that my daughter's been soaked by morning, leaks through every time with regular swaddlers. Reducing night time feeding helped but this should help too! Thanks OP!
Before we started using the Overnights, we were doubling up on regular diapers (Baby Dry or Swaddlers). That worked to an extent but there were problems there too. Going to Overnights was a huge improvement.

However, it's gotten to the point now where he is sometimes soaking through the Overnights as well. We've tried to reduce his liquid intake at bedtime but he gets very, very unhappy. So if we happen to wake up in the middle of the night, we sometimes will change him then. My son drinks a lot more fluid at bedtime than many though, including my daughter when she was at his age.
Bawler wrote:
May 19th, 2017 11:15 am
I've used these for a long time for my son. Eventually he started leaking through even on night time diapers. If this happens, just move a diaper size larger. So if your daughter is in size 3's and leaking through night times, just buy size 4 and they have that much more absorbency.
This worked well for a while, but my 2.5 year old kid is now already a size 6. No size 7 available. Oh well, we'll deal with it.
Last edited by EugW on May 19th, 2017 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
1953 posts
1026 upvotes
Clarington
EugW wrote:
May 19th, 2017 11:18 am
This worked well for a while, but my 2.5 year old kid is now already a size 6. No size 7 available. Oh well, we'll deal with it.
My son is 2.5 and in 6's as well. I'd say he only leaks through about 10% of the time as opposed to 50% with a size 5. I guess it's time we start potty training eh? :(
[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2009
13567 posts
2123 upvotes
Toronto
Bawler wrote:
May 19th, 2017 11:24 am
My son is 2.5 and in 6's as well. I'd say he only leaks through about 10% of the time as opposed to 50% with a size 5. I guess it's time we start potty training eh? :(
Yeah, we've been trying. The problem here though is he doesn't wake up in the middle of the night. He'll sometimes go if we put him on the potty but to do that we have to wake him up, so we don't in the middle of the night. We will do that after we get him up in the morning, etc. though. So, we use a pad on the bed plus the Overnights, and sometimes also change him in the bed in the middle of the night. For the latter, he doesn't even wake up.
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2003
3384 posts
537 upvotes
Bunyak wrote:
May 19th, 2017 9:09 am
Thanks OP. I was able to use a $10 eVoucher.
Strange.
I have 3 vouchers and can't use any of them
Ebay - 168 - 0 - 0
Heatware - 56 - 00 - 0
BST Feedback - 80 - 0 - 0
Jan 31, 2009
119 posts
50 upvotes
Woodbridge
EugW wrote:
May 19th, 2017 11:18 am
Yes, by far. But they also cost a lot more.

BTW, these aren't magic. They're just thicker with more gel, so it can hold more. So, they may come in handy for say road trips and stuff where he may be sitting for a couple hours after lunch or whatever.

Before we started using the Overnights, we were doubling up on regular diapers (Baby Dry or Swaddlers). That worked to an extent but there were problems there too. Going to Overnights was a huge improvement.

However, it's gotten to the point now where he is sometimes soaking through the Overnights as well. We've tried to reduce his liquid intake at bedtime but he gets very, very unhappy. So if we happen to wake up in the middle of the night, we sometimes will change him then. My son drinks a lot more fluid at bedtime than many though, including my daughter when she was at his age.

Well, i'm tired of washing bedsheets all the time, and with hydro rates the way they are ill pay more diapers any day if it helps haha. Yeah, if we don't feed her well before bed she's up asking for it in the middle of the night then wants to stay up and watch a show haha. NO. Lol.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2009
13567 posts
2123 upvotes
Toronto
bdbell84 wrote:
May 19th, 2017 11:39 am
Well, i'm tired of washing bedsheets all the time, and with hydro rates the way they are ill pay more diapers any day if it helps haha. Yeah, if we don't feed her well before bed she's up asking for it in the middle of the night then wants to stay up and watch a show haha. NO. Lol.
We put on top of the bed a thick washable quilt-like pad which covers part of the bed. We have a couple of them actually. That in combination with the Overnights usually works OK. Sheets don't need to be washed, but the pad does. The good thing about these is they're much, much smaller than sheets and you can just throw them in with your regular wash, esp. if you have a couple of them. You can get disposable pads but the cheap ones (like pet pee pads) move around too much and you need multiple pads because they're too small. If you get the pads specifically made for this purpose, they have adhesive backings so they don't move around, and they're much larger, but they cost way too much.

And for completeness, we have a waterproof underpad under the sheets just in case.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
2179 posts
1895 upvotes
Paradise
Corrected by EugW, I linked Swaddler, not Swaddler Overnight.
Last edited by Bordak on May 19th, 2017 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
1953 posts
1026 upvotes
Clarington
Bordak wrote:
May 19th, 2017 1:01 pm
Amazon have the larger packs on for cheaper currently, using the $5 coupon on the page. Even less if you Sub and Save.

https://www.amazon.ca/Pampers-Swaddlers ... dlers&th=1

Size 1 : 15 cents
Size 2 : 17 cents
Size 3 : 20 cents
Size 4 : 22 cents
Size 5 : 26 cents
Your post is so wrong, I'm not even going to tell you why it's wrong.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2009
13567 posts
2123 upvotes
Toronto
Bordak wrote:
May 19th, 2017 1:01 pm
Amazon have the larger packs on for cheaper currently, using the $5 coupon on the page. Even less if you Sub and Save.

https://www.amazon.ca/Pampers-Swaddlers ... dlers&th=1

Size 1 : 15 cents
Size 2 : 17 cents
Size 3 : 20 cents
Size 4 : 22 cents
Size 5 : 26 cents
Those are the regular Swaddlers, not the Swaddler Overnights (which hold much more than the regular Swaddlers). We buy both actually. We use the regular ones during the day, and the Overnights at night.

BTW, that pricing is their regular price, minus the $5 coupon. However, every few months, both Walmart and Amazon (and sometimes places like Loblaws) put these economy packs of the regular Swaddlers on sale for $29.99, which is about $8 off.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2004
7706 posts
694 upvotes
goat wrote:
May 19th, 2017 11:32 am
Strange.
I have 3 vouchers and can't use any of them
me too

i have 2
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Jun 24, 2013
412 posts
738 upvotes
Mississauga
kiasu wrote:
May 19th, 2017 1:40 pm
me too

i have 2
Select grocery pickup time, go to grocery, then on top next to search there is "book a slot" then you will be able to use it.
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2003
3384 posts
537 upvotes
hennamomin wrote:
May 19th, 2017 1:45 pm
Select grocery pickup time, go to grocery, then on top next to search there is "book a slot" then you will be able to use it.
Thanks, that makes more sense. Not looking to do grocery pickup for this order
Also, good luck to those that did use the voucher for pickup - they've been known to cancel non "grocery" orders in the past when using a voucher
Ebay - 168 - 0 - 0
Heatware - 56 - 00 - 0
BST Feedback - 80 - 0 - 0
[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2009
13567 posts
2123 upvotes
Toronto
goat wrote:
May 19th, 2017 1:48 pm
Thanks, that makes more sense. Not looking to do grocery pickup for this order
Also, good luck to those that did use the voucher for pickup - they've been known to cancel non "grocery" orders in the past when using a voucher
Ah I see. I won't bother trying that then.
Jun 24, 2013
412 posts
738 upvotes
Mississauga
EugW wrote:
May 19th, 2017 2:15 pm
Ah I see. I won't bother trying that then.
it is grocery item, and i always get a better deal if not in stock, at pick up location
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel