Expired Hot Deals

[Walmart] Philips Multigroom 7000 trimmer - $34.96

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 17th, 2019 9:13 pm
May 11, 2019
28 posts
16 upvotes
I will never buy a Philips trimmer again. Last year I purchased the one that "vacuums" your beard trimmings. It lasted less than 2 months before the guard broke, they refused to replace it under warranty.

My 6 year old Braun trimmer still works like a boss.
Jul 31, 2012
141 posts
180 upvotes
Spennie wrote: I will never buy a Philips trimmer again. Last year I purchased the one that "vacuums" your beard trimmings. It lasted less than 2 months before the guard broke, they refused to replace it under warranty.
So you bought a Phillips trimmer why? You said your Braun works like a boss, so why bother buying a Phillips one? User error.
ERROR
You cannot vote on your own post.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
6628 posts
1472 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
Spennie wrote: I will never buy a Philips trimmer again. Last year I purchased the one that "vacuums" your beard trimmings. It lasted less than 2 months before the guard broke, they refused to replace it under warranty.

If you buy it from Costco and it breaks, just return it for a full refund whenever.
Banned
Dec 8, 2007
2666 posts
2347 upvotes
mathewvc wrote: Walmart one comes with bag and can be used corded or uncorded. Only real difference is extra stainless and “1 hour” battery life I think.
Nobody who owns the Walmart one has said it works while corded. You tried it corded and it works?

Did you try to enable travel lock? Apparently the manual does not explain how to do it but a member posted instructions some posts prior in this thread.
Banned
Dec 8, 2007
2666 posts
2347 upvotes
Jucius Maximus wrote: Great summary!
I got it on the Amazon deal last year and it was that green package Costco version.

I got the bag, but no wireless charging.
He means able to be used cordless as well as corded, not able to be charged.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
2725 posts
2267 upvotes
Oakville
MisterBiglund wrote: Cut pubes and under arm hairs,. Also good for trimming nose and chest hair as well.
Early in the morning I read your post and thought it cuts Cubes under arm hairs, which I thought was pretty neat.
-ZdpZ... ;)
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2010
1479 posts
256 upvotes
Vancouver
yycguy1 wrote: Can anyone tell me what the longest guard is on this? Would like to trim hair with a #6 or #7 and can't find info if it includes these guards.
It has at least a 12mm guard, I forget if there is a 15mm one. It has 5mm and 7mm though.
singen wrote: Does anyone know how this compares to the one blade?
Both are a different type of shave. OneBlade is a close shave as if you shaved with a razor and will shave finer and smaller hairs. The multigroom doesn't do as smooth of a shave since its a different type of blade; it's more of a shave that leaves a bit of hair/stubble for a rougher looking shave and doesn't quite get short hairs. Personally I use one blade for upper cheek areas and multigroom for rest of face.
frugalfruit wrote: Be very careful I tried that way and cut myself along the jaw line. Use a guard.
Lol how exactly did you manage to cut yourself? I shave with no guard every time and never had an issue; I could literally hold it against my skin and it wouldn't cause any cuts since the blade is not zero gap or anything.

For anyone wondering, the multigroom is a fantastic multipurpose shaver and worth the buy. Buy the Costco one.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
2725 posts
2267 upvotes
Oakville
So I opened both and there is some misinformation here. The Walmart also comes with a chord for wired usage.

One thing I find interesting is the bigger pieces don't fit as rightly and securely on the trimmer. I may be doing it wrong but don't want to read the complete f-up of a user manual.

Oh and btw , the quality bag you get, is the same bag people send you when you buy something from China via Ali express of eBay for like a $2 item, as a free gift.

It is horrendous and awful, I doubt it will last a month.

You're better of buying your own case for it for travel or storage.
-ZdpZ... ;)
Nov 23, 2017
29 posts
29 upvotes
Had the one-blade. Found That the one-blade does work fantastic when you do a close shave but when you start adding blade guards for trimming it starts not being great and cuts next to nothing.

Have the multigroom from costco and oooh baby it is quality. It just feels so solid and the buzzing is quiet and controlled. Trimming my beard is a lot easier now.
Banned
Dec 8, 2007
2666 posts
2347 upvotes
zdpz wrote: So I opened both and there is some misinformation here. The Walmart also comes with a chord for wired usage.
I haven't seen a post mentioning that the Walmart one didn't come with a cord. There was never any info about a charging stand so how would it be charged without a cord? My understanding is that the issue was whether or not it could be used while the cord was connected to it. Some devices do not allow use while a cord is connected.

Have you tried turning the Walmart one on while the cord is connected? Does it work?

What about travel lock on the Walmart one?
Oct 20, 2009
36 posts
4 upvotes
Careful with the online inventory tracker, I spent the evening heading to Scarborough to pick one up just to be told their system is wrong.
Apr 1, 2019
15 posts
4 upvotes
I tried the Wahl one that Walmart gave me for the same price and it pinched my skin a few times, even got some blood after it pinched my anaconda area, gonna take it back and try the Philips one, hopefully it will be more sensitive. Kind of reminds me why I gave up on electric shavers/trimmers years ago, they irritate the skin too much.
Jul 25, 2011
133 posts
95 upvotes
Toronto
Couldn't resist the Costco one lol.
Will be returning the Walmart one this week.
Feb 3, 2013
166 posts
114 upvotes
Victoria
Picked up the Wal-Mart one today using a copy of the $20 off coupon code someone had posted. Happy for $15 Langford had 29 left when I was there.

EDIT; It's been brought to my attention that I used a code from a revived thread that was expired. I hadn't taken note of the expiry date, which was actually Jan.2019.Sorry about this.
Last edited by PaliGap on Nov 26th, 2019 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 22, 2016
289 posts
222 upvotes
SW Ontario
PaliGap wrote: Picked up the Wal-Mart one today using a copy of the $20 off coupon code someone had posted. Happy for $15 Langford had 29 left when I was there.
Where is coupon code?