• Last Updated:
  • Nov 30th, 2010 5:18 pm
Tags:
None
Oct 15, 2008
92 posts
14 upvotes

Walmart policy for returning opened electronics

I am getting mixed thoughts on return policy. Is Walmart like futureshop where I can return an electronic item if I don't like it?

Their return policy is straight forward, but a couple people on this site said return it if you don't like it.

Thanks.
5 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2006
7548 posts
387 upvotes
Scarborough
the policy is written in several areas, and states cery clearly the terms. They follow those terms fairly rigidly. I tried to return an unopened item 90 days, and 2 hours after purchase (bought Jan 2, 2pm, tried to return Apr 2, 4:10pm) and was told it was past the 90 day mark. Went to a smaller store, and had no problems returning it.
No, I do NOT have any Z10's or Z30's left for sale. Stop PM'ing me!
BST Reference: Heatware | RFD
Wins: 2010 - Asus G73Sw-AY1 / 2012 - $50 BB Card in "RFD OT Reboot" / 2013 - MobilSyrup.com Samsung Galaxy note 8.0 LTE from Bell
Deal Expert
Oct 9, 2003
16215 posts
256 upvotes
Yes you can return it. Ive seen people return whole computers before.
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2009
2082 posts
183 upvotes
Bluko wrote:
Nov 30th, 2010 2:08 pm
I am getting mixed thoughts on return policy. Is Walmart like futureshop where I can return an electronic item if I don't like it?

Their return policy is straight forward, but a couple people on this site said return it if you don't like it.

You shouldn't have a problem returning electronic items, so long as you're within the return window (which varies by product).

You should definitely do some research before you buy, because people buying without thinking about what they're doing and then returning may lead to a retailer changing its practices (usually implementing a restocking fee). That said, I just returned a laptop the other day because you can only do so much research before hand, and sometimes it's not until you've used it for several days that you discover its inadequacies, so definitely don't feel guilty if you did your due diligence before hand.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2009
2120 posts
71 upvotes
Satisfaction Guaranteed.

Our goal is to satisfy our Customers by Exchange, Refund, or Repair (if possible).

Within 90 Days of purchase, with receipt

All store merchandise with the exception of the following:

14 days with receipt

Computers

Laptops

Monitors

Printers

Camcorders

Digital cameras

Portable Video Players

30 days with receipt

Televisions

DVD players/recorders

Home Audio Systems

Telephones

MP3 players

GPS units

Post/prepaid phones

Musical instruments & amplifiers

Prescription Eyewear

These items must be returned unopened

Prerecorded music, movies, software products, computer/ video games, ink cartridges and boxes of disposable contact lenses.

Sales are final

Ammunition, fireworks, prepaid phone cards, pierced or personalized/engraved jewellery & underwear.

source:
http://www.walmart.ca/Customer-Service/Return-Policy
Banned
Feb 15, 2008
26318 posts
3155 upvotes
Calgary
I returned used spark plugs to Wal-Mart one time.

So yeah, they'll take back pretty much anything.
× < >