• Last Updated:
  • Dec 15th, 2017 10:06 pm
Nov 15, 2005
495 posts
175 upvotes
Montreal
Rich3rd wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 8:47 am
I was able to get two at walmart (langelier/jean-talon st-leonard, mtl) with 250$ gift card. At the begin he told me 200$ and then i asked for 50$ bonus.. then he said how i know about this.. I said i visit another walmart but they didnt have stock.
OKAY so both my lines are cancel. just got off the phone.. final price for each line will be : 1 day of use + 360$ + tax = about 414,xx$ Funny think i just had the most amazing retention rep. on the phone - he even ask if i want to unlock the phone right away. (phone was already unlock) he told me if had any gift cart with the purchase.. I said no. He then told me that on black friday they were giving gift card at walmart for this phone, LOL (I think he knew exactly what i was doing)
HOBBY: HOT DEALS HUNTER!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2005
7284 posts
7647 upvotes
junglemage666 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 10:29 am
Only concern I have is on contract it says $50 Koodo credit and $200 Koodo credit and that is used to pay for the $250 Walmart credit, so when we cancel, they could theoretically ask for the Koodo credit back. Or am I thinking too much?
Is there any Koodo credit claw back clause on the contract?
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
1x 7-11 Speakout, 2x Koodo $28 plan, $0 FPL home phone
2x Zoomer $36 plan, 1x Zoomer family plan for 3 numbers $94.50($72+$22.5)
Nov 22, 2017
12 posts
3 upvotes
FYI, something similar starting with Best Buy tomorrow. Didn't see anything including the SE but Samsung A5 and S5neo are listed on promo. $300 gc with the S5neo on Koodo tab M. Don't think it's as good of a deal since IMO the phone isnt as good as the SE (bought the SE for less tech savvy father)
Images
  • Screenshot_20171207-080018.jpg
Nov 15, 2014
646 posts
393 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
embguy wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 10:49 am
Is there any Koodo credit claw back clause on the contract?
Not that I can see. Only part where it says cancellation says

"You can cancel your service at any time. If you cancel service before paying your tab, or if Koodo terminated the agreement in accordance with the service terms, any Tab balance becomes immrdiately due and payable. All other charges owing to Koodo for use of the service will remain due upon the termination of this agreement. "
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2005
7284 posts
7647 upvotes
junglemage666 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 10:29 am
Only concern I have is on contract it says $50 Koodo credit and $200 Koodo credit and that is used to pay for the $250 Walmart credit, so when we cancel, they could theoretically ask for the Koodo credit back. Or am I thinking too much?
junglemage666 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 11:05 am
Not that I can see. Only part where it says cancellation says

"You can cancel your service at any time. If you cancel service before paying your tab, or if Koodo terminated the agreement in accordance with the service terms, any Tab balance becomes immrdiately due and payable. All other charges owing to Koodo for use of the service will remain due upon the termination of this agreement. "
There are usually 2 documents. One is Koodo contract. The other one is Walmart invoice. Are the wording on using Koodo credit to pay for GC? If it is on the Walmart invoice, Koodo does not know about the GC.
Nov 15, 2014
646 posts
393 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
embguy wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 11:45 am
There are usually 2 documents. One is Koodo contract. The other one is Walmart invoice. Are the wording on using Koodo credit to pay for GC? If it is on the Walmart invoice, Koodo does not know about the GC.
First 2 pages are walmart I guess, the cancellation policy is on the Koodo part. No mention of any gift cards on the koodo portion of my contract. Just the $485.00 for the Iphone - $125.00 activation bonus and the $360 Tab for it, upfront cost of $0. So I guess it is safe, since its all on Wally part of the contract (gift card mentions)

Aw well, i will keep hold of this gift card until my bill comes, just incase they do attempt to tac that onto the final bill as well (so can just pay them back with it instead of out of pocket)
Jun 12, 2016
308 posts
108 upvotes
Mississauga
Just pick the last one up at Walmart here in Mississauga after calling in to confirm stock. In case someone is calling to Walmart to check stock, make sure you speak to someone in electronics department. I called and spoke to the customer service and they said that they don't have any stock. I asked them to transfer me to the electronics department and was told that they have 1 left, so I told them to hold it.

The process was very painless and straight forward. The manager even went as far as asking if anyone else I know was interested so he could order some more, but I thought that the deal is ending today? He didn't say anything after, which makes me think if this offer might be extended? On a side note, they wouldn't let me buy any MasterCard gift cards with the Walmart giftcard though. Oh well- can't win 'em all.

Thank you OP for sharing this deal! Hopefully the wife will be happy otherwise I'll be hitting the BST forum. lol
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2005
7284 posts
7647 upvotes
junglemage666 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 12:07 pm
First 2 pages are walmart I guess, the cancellation policy is on the Koodo part. No mention of any gift cards on the koodo portion of my contract. Just the $485.00 for the Iphone - $125.00 activation bonus and the $360 Tab for it, upfront cost of $0. So I guess it is safe, since its all on Wally part of the contract (gift card mentions)

Aw well, i will keep hold of this gift card until my bill comes, just incase they do attempt to tac that onto the final bill as well (so can just pay them back with it instead of out of pocket)
After activation, you are dealing with Koodo now. Koodo does not want you WM GC. Koodo just adds the GC amount to you final bill if Koodo wants it. You can spend your WM GC now if you want.
Jun 12, 2016
308 posts
108 upvotes
Mississauga
James8 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 12:26 pm
What ID do I need to bring?
photo ID and a secondary ID, i.e. credit card
Oct 4, 2008
685 posts
92 upvotes
Just heads up for everyone here who is trying to cancel - why aren't you trying to get better plan through porting to quebec plan first ?

I had one line opened for my wife last year and the promo was $41 ($9 off $49 plan) for 6GB unl. calling plan. At the time wife had $49.5 MB plan ($55 - 10%) and I was able to switch her to this plan since it's cheaper and you get a bonus GB.

So if you are looking for a good plan, and out already went through all work to open an account with Koodo - do it all in :D
Reason why I am saying is because I suspect Koodo has this MB/QB avenue open to attract and keep customers. If they wanted to close it, they would. Since they aren't enforcing it and they are ok with it. it allow for the best deal on the hardware. If too many people buys and cancels, they will be forced to change game rules. If most people stay with arguably better plan than what they have now - we will enjoy it for longer.
For ex. I switched from MB plan (5GB for $55) to a QB plan (8GB for $55) last time....and just got bonus offer 2GB extra for 6 months. I am a happy camper.

Btw, i have a question....is this for new activations only ? At BF they had iPhone 6 with $250 GC for renewals at mobile shop.
Nov 15, 2014
646 posts
393 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
embguy wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 12:21 pm
After activation, you are dealing with Koodo now. Koodo does not want you WM GC. Koodo just adds the GC amount to you final bill if Koodo wants it. You can spend your WM GC now if you want.
if koodo is going to charge me the 360 for tab, and then $250 for the gift card, i will just return instead of cancelling as this will make the deal cold, phone is 479 in store at apple outright. Havent used the sim yet and been only 1 day
Jan 10, 2017
40 posts
3 upvotes
embguy wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 12:21 pm
junglemage666 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 1:14 pm
if koodo is going to charge me the 360 for tab, and then $250 for the gift card, i will just return instead of cancelling as this will make the deal cold, phone is 479 in store at apple outright. Havent used the sim yet and been only 1 day
I think he meant that if KOODO wanted the WM gift card, they would just add it to the final bill in the first place? I think the walmart is a separate bonus, though I'm just guessing.
Nov 15, 2014
646 posts
393 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
James8 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 1:20 pm
I think he meant that if KOODO wanted the WM gift card, they would just add it to the final bill in the first place? I think the walmart is a separate bonus, though I'm just guessing.
maybe i will just do the seasonal hold to ensure no claw back, keep for the 90 days cost me $45 ($15 x 3 months)
Jan 10, 2017
40 posts
3 upvotes
junglemage666 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 1:24 pm
maybe i will just do the seasonal hold to ensure no claw back, keep for the 90 days cost me $45 ($15 x 3 months)
That's one route you could take, but I've read some Koodo threads before and some of them said that it's YMMV to get seasonal hold in most cases. (new activation)
I haven't decided if I want to get the phone myself and cancel right away.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)