Dec 16, 2011
88 posts
28 upvotes
Ottawa
smacd wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 2:36 pm
And a couple of posts down, you should see this:
"https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/archive/2017/2017-200.htm

The Commission further considers that a change to the Code to require the return of gifts in the event customers cancel their agreement during the trial period would introduce a further barrier to switching. Given the high value of ECFs in the wireless market and the incentive WSPs would have to offer a gift with purchase that might get used right away to invalidate the trial period, the risk associated with providing a gift or promotional incentive during the trial period should be borne by WSPs rather than by consumers. The Commission notes that WSPs have the option of waiting until the trial period has elapsed before issuing a gift."

I bought an iPhone6 over BF weekend. I cancelled and there is no clawback of my $250 RCSS gift certificate. My Koodoo contract spells it out, as should yours.
As per commission code, there should not be any clawback !
Nov 15, 2014
628 posts
378 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
smacd wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 2:36 pm
And a couple of posts down, you should see this:
"https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/archive/2017/2017-200.htm

The Commission further considers that a change to the Code to require the return of gifts in the event customers cancel their agreement during the trial period would introduce a further barrier to switching. Given the high value of ECFs in the wireless market and the incentive WSPs would have to offer a gift with purchase that might get used right away to invalidate the trial period, the risk associated with providing a gift or promotional incentive during the trial period should be borne by WSPs rather than by consumers. The Commission notes that WSPs have the option of waiting until the trial period has elapsed before issuing a gift."

I bought an iPhone6 over BF weekend. I cancelled and there is no clawback of my $250 RCSS gift certificate. My Koodoo contract spells it out, as should yours.
Okay, fudge it ill bite. Lol. I somehow get hit with it I'll take it up as yolo. Thanks for the info bro
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
3233 posts
550 upvotes
junglemage666 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 1:38 pm
If they won't allow a seasonal hold, then I am just going to return, it's still new and sim hasn't been used so cant try the whole you used so and so minutes or data so can't return. Was looking at getting a new iPhone SE for 180 after all reductions, but if it has a possibility for costing me over 500 at end of the month after claw back and tab, then not worth it to me. If they already give issue with seasonal hold, that will give me a pretty good forsight of how they will treat me after cancelling.
I called in for a seasonal hold for my phone that I picked up on Black Friday with no issues.
Heatware 3-0
Homer Simpson - Marge, don't discourage the boy! Weaseling out of things is what separates us from animals - except for the weasel.
Dec 16, 2011
88 posts
28 upvotes
Ottawa
GSRee wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 3:09 pm
My Redmi Note 4 arrived a couple weeks ago, and I love it. Getting closer to Christmas wait times might be worse, but I think mine was here in 19 days or something like that. That was free shipping, with DHL it's probably less than a week.
How is the battery life ? Performance? Some people did not like the Miui OS. How you find it?
Dec 25, 2013
118 posts
68 upvotes
Brampton
Picked up the last one at Bridgeport Walmart in Waterloo. Got the $250 gift acrd

The rep was actually encouraging me to cancel, was hilarious. Great guy
Jul 27, 2006
755 posts
203 upvotes
Moncton
Has anyone had any issues being blacklisted by Koodo for buying/cancelling too many phones?

This deal make the fourth one for me in the last year (all family - not reselling Smiling Face With Open Mouth). I cancelled the other three after 90 days to make sure to get the referral credit and eliminate any risk of GC clawback.

For some weird reason, the Walmart cell phone guy wasn't able to activate until he manually called someone. It sounded like credit check stuff, but my credit is perfect.
Jul 27, 2006
755 posts
203 upvotes
Moncton
DoubleJesus wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 2:49 pm
Can anyone post a receipt or something? Went to my local WM and they said it's only $200 but I didn't go through the steps of actually buying it. I'm in NB.
I bought mine at the Walmart in Moncton. I asked the rep what promo deals are on and he only offered the $200 GC. He only acknowledged the additional $50 after I specifically asked about it.
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2007
1563 posts
57 upvotes
Mississauga
anybody in mississauga do this and want to sell the phone? pm me
Sep 6, 2017
189 posts
85 upvotes
Went to walmart but the guy didnt seem to know about the extra 50. Instead he kept on refering to the whiteboard of 200. Oh well go to another walmart now.
Images
  • upload.jpg
Mar 13, 2012
90 posts
51 upvotes
Surrey
cristianosham wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 5:38 pm
Went to walmart but the guy didnt seem to know about the extra 50. Instead he kept on refering to the whiteboard of 200. Oh well go to another walmart now.
$50 goes to the sales person ?
Jun 30, 2016
31 posts
25 upvotes
oIIIIIo wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 5:00 pm
Has anyone had any issues being blacklisted by Koodo for buying/cancelling too many phones?

This deal make the fourth one for me in the last year (all family - not reselling Smiling Face With Open Mouth). I cancelled the other three after 90 days to make sure to get the referral credit and eliminate any risk of GC clawback.

For some weird reason, the Walmart cell phone guy wasn't able to activate until he manually called someone. It sounded like credit check stuff, but my credit is perfect.
I've done at least 7 this year. No problems. Also the Walmart rep called Koodo to make sure I could still get more lines (as I opened two recently and closed them) and the rep told me I could have up to 7 lines active still. So seems like it's fine.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2005
7249 posts
7621 upvotes
DizzyYak wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 7:09 pm
I've done at least 7 this year. No problems. Also the Walmart rep called Koodo to make sure I could still get more lines (as I opened two recently and closed them) and the rep told me I could have up to 7 lines active still. So seems like it's fine.
You have 7 lines in one account! Nice to know... It is possible with a large family. You still have all 7 lines or you cancel all of them already!
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
1x 7-11 Speakout, 2x Koodo $28 plan, $0 FPL home phone
2x Zoomer $36 plan, 1x Zoomer family plan for 3 numbers $94.50($72+$22.5)
Jun 12, 2016
305 posts
108 upvotes
Mississauga
oIIIIIo wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 5:00 pm

My first activation required manual phone in. One of the reasons for this could be due to additional credit alert authentication. I know I have requested for this service with Equifax after being victim of fraud. Koodo called me minutes later to confirm that I am actually there to activate a line.
Jun 30, 2016
31 posts
25 upvotes
embguy wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 7:15 pm
You have 7 lines in one account! Nice to know... It is possible with a large family. You still have all 7 lines or you cancel all of them already!
I've opened 7 lines and cancelled 7 lines this year. Had 3 open at a time, now down to 1. It is possible to have up to 7 open at one time though (for me anyways).

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 2 guests)

bravetheheat, vikingkoala