• Last Updated:
  • Dec 15th, 2017 10:06 pm
Dec 25, 2013
118 posts
68 upvotes
Brampton
junglemage666 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 11:46 pm
they all seem to only have the space grey color, i called about 15 walmarts, all space grey if they had them.
I know that's the case with GTA, was hoping I might find a different colour around Waterloo/Kitchener. I'll call first thing tomorrow morning and find out.

Also when doing this, what exactly do I ask for? Do I just walk up to the rep and say, "Hey, I heard about the promo for the Iphone SE 32gb on a Medium Tab with the $250 and would like to purchase one" /end convo? Or is there something else
Nov 15, 2014
646 posts
393 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
DizzyYak wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 11:47 pm
Well I had the manager come and tell me it's not allowed. Went to another store and they did it. YMMV
Fine, guess its YMMV if you get someone that is not informed. This $250 deal would be YMMV as well since a lot of the employees have no idea about the extra $50 and are not even bothered to verify if there actually is a bonus. Never hurts to try I guess.
Nov 15, 2014
646 posts
393 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
aurasphere wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 11:48 pm
I know that's the case with GTA, was hoping I might find a different colour around Waterloo/Kitchener. I'll call first thing tomorrow morning and find out.

Also when doing this, what exactly do I ask for? Do I just walk up to the rep and say, "Hey, I heard about the promo for the Iphone SE 32gb on a Medium Tab with the $250 and would like to purchase one" /end convo? Or is there something else
Yep, but don't ask about cancelling, they lose commission and rather not sell to you if you plan to cancel. Also, don't ask for the cheapest plan they have, dead give away lol.
Aug 17, 2008
485 posts
9 upvotes
James8 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 1:19 pm
The iPhone 5s still received the iOS 11 update, but with a bit of slow down I guess. I doubt the SE will be "bricked" anytime soon because it still work like the 6s in terms of performance.

On a separate note, can anyone confirm if it's the 32 GB or the 16 GB they are selling?
Sorry by "bricked" I just meant it would be slowed down a lot. Still totally usable, especially for people who use it for the bare necessities (texting, phone calls, music etc.) But if anybody plans on running games or social media apps (looking at you Snapchat) smoothly - it'll be a pain. Don't get me wrong, still a great price for a decent phone.
Aug 1, 2016
22 posts
8 upvotes
seems like alot of you guys are having or had terrible experiences with the cellular guys at walmart.
i actually got this deal today. i walk in and advised the guy (store manager) that i am looking for the iphone SE. and straight up told him that there should be a 250 dollar WM GC. he checked and he confirmed. i told him that i would like to get the phone and in the process i asked him bunch of questions in regards to cancellation and even told him that i am looking into cancelling the account. He seemed like he didnt mind it.
i dont understand why some store manager of the cellular section would cares whether i am cancelling or not. because thats my business.
When i got home with the phone, I had additional questions in regards to the 50 dollar self-referal thing and he helped me out (although i found out that like the guy mentioned above self referral credit will not be valid if i cancel right away).

BTW can they refuse to give you the phone? is that even allowed?
i dont understand how they could refuse to give you the phone because deal is a deal. its not like they are creating loss by having amazing promotions. (at least i dont think)

EDIT: BTW i got the deal at the walmart by promenade, the guy said that there is only two left and i got one of them.
Jan 10, 2017
40 posts
3 upvotes
hunt3rshadow wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 11:54 pm
Sorry by "bricked" I just meant it would be slowed down a lot. Still totally usable, especially for people who use it for the bare necessities (texting, phone calls, music etc.) But if anybody plans on running games or social media apps (looking at you Snapchat) smoothly - it'll be a pain. Don't get me wrong, still a great price for a decent phone.
no apologies needed. You're right, my cousin's SE did slow down a tad bit after 11.1.2 update.
Who knows if they will optimize the OS next year? (given that the iPhone 5S did become better (usable) with iOS 10.3.3)
May 23, 2014
642 posts
279 upvotes
canada
junglemage666 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 11:51 pm
Yep, but don't ask about cancelling, they lose commission and rather not sell to you if you plan to cancel. Also, don't ask for the cheapest plan they have, dead give away lol.
They can't not sell to you, it's actually illegal for an employee to deny you service for his own perception . If you walk in asking questions about canceling the plan then u deserve to have no phone. Ask ur silly questions once u sign everything and are about to leave.

FYI. The cheapest plan is not a dead give away. Just please don't ask them about canceling for gods sake lol. Call koodo after activation and ask them if u really want to lol.
May 23, 2014
642 posts
279 upvotes
canada
Joejoejoejo wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 11:59 pm
seems like alot of you guys are having or had terrible experiences with the cellular guys at walmart.
i actually got this deal today. i walk in and advised the guy (store manager) that i am looking for the iphone SE. and straight up told him that there should be a 250 dollar WM GC. he checked and he confirmed. i told him that i would like to get the phone and in the process i asked him bunch of questions in regards to cancellation and even told him that i am looking into cancelling the account. He seemed like he didnt mind it.
i dont understand why some store manager of the cellular section would cares whether i am cancelling or not. because thats my business.
When i got home with the phone, I had additional questions in regards to the 50 dollar self-referal thing and he helped me out (although i found out that like the guy mentioned above self referral credit will not be valid if i cancel right away).

BTW can they refuse to give you the phone? is that even allowed?
i dont understand how they could refuse to give you the phone because deal is a deal. its not like they are creating loss by having amazing promotions. (at least i dont think)

EDIT: BTW i got the deal at the walmart by promenade, the guy said that there is only two left and i got one of them.

People are straight up getting bullied.

Go in sign up. Sign everywhere. Ask all you silly questions after u put the sim in or are about to leave. They are NOT koodo reps so thinly informed about everything. Ask KOODO. Call in.
Aug 1, 2016
22 posts
8 upvotes
thesick wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 12:18 am
People are straight up getting bullied.

Go in sign up. Sign everywhere. Ask all you silly questions after u put the sim in or are about to leave. They are NOT koodo reps so thinly informed about everything. Ask KOODO. Call in.
you know what might do? i will go there tomorrow or the day after and ask the guy genuinely if i did something that creates any problems for them.
in the end of the day 160 for an iphone se is a too-good-to-be-real deal in my opinion. and i honestly dont want to do something that causes trouble for the guys working there.
and i want to ask them if what i did creates any red flag on my future purchases from them.
Nov 22, 2017
12 posts
3 upvotes
Walked in a little while ago and was able to get the $250 (lower mainland, BC). The associate there didn't know of an additional $50 but it came up on the system once he rang in the SE. Worth it IMO, did take him some convincing to at least start ringing it up but it's in their system. Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2006
2170 posts
692 upvotes
Thanks Op. 250 GC and refer a friend bonus.
Dec 25, 2013
118 posts
68 upvotes
Brampton
So if the self referral doesn't work, according to OP's calculations, wouldn't it come out as $207.65? (OP's calculations shown below)

$360 phone + $45 for seasonal hold + tax = $457.65 - $250 gift card - $50 self referral = $157.65
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2015
3046 posts
14840 upvotes
BC, Lower Mainland
DizzyYak wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 11:47 pm
Well I had the manager come and tell me it's not allowed. Went to another store and they did it. YMMV
not YMMV. EVERY stores like LondonDrugs, Superstores, Shoppers DrugMart, Nofrills, Safeway and many more, allow you to use their own Gift Card to purchase any gift cards that they are selling.
Tim Hortons Tip: Buy 3 mini strudels in separate transaction ($0.42 each) and then Redeem Free Coffee(Any Sizes) (Dec 31) 😃

SELLING

GROUP BUY
Xqisit portable banks + usb (Cheap)
Apr 19, 2016
377 posts
141 upvotes
Thatdealguy wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 3:35 am
not YMMV. EVERY stores like LondonDrugs, Superstores, Shoppers DrugMart, Nofrills, Safeway and many more, allow you to use their own Gift Card to purchase any gift cards that they are selling.
shoppers at metrotown ,burnaby not allow to. but other shoppers at hasting street allows , it is ymmv for sure. this my own real experience.