Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Walmart

PS4 Knack & Killzone Shadow Fall $20 Next Week

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 30th, 2014 6:24 pm
Tags:
Dec 7, 2006
385 posts
119 upvotes
Kanata

[Walmart] PS4 Knack & Killzone Shadow Fall $20 Next Week

Just saw next weeks quebec flyer, should be the same for the rest of us.
87 replies
Nov 22, 2009
228 posts
149 upvotes
Last step before becoming free for PS Plus members...
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2005
4481 posts
901 upvotes
Edmonton
stevedion wrote: Last step before becoming free for PS Plus members...
Is 48 months perhaps. We all know next Jen consoles get 8 bit graphics games for free while last gen get actual full games. It's sonys tactic to help sell new consoles.
Heatware
The difference between wanting and needing is how you justify it.
Nov 9, 2010
964 posts
1430 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Nice, if it's in the flyer that's an easy price match opportunity at Futureshop/Best Buy. When do the new flyers usually come out?
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2010
3762 posts
1544 upvotes
Montreal
In Quebec by Wednesday can PM @ BB/FS
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2007
2415 posts
358 upvotes
NB
Is Killzone worth it at $20? What about the original Triology on PS3? Should I play those first?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
6906 posts
3331 upvotes
Canada
Killzone is great ... don't let the trolls fool you. The multiplayer has some uniqueness to it if you are looking for something a little different than CoD or BF.
Oct 6, 2010
459 posts
288 upvotes
London
Colin0317 wrote: Is Killzone worth it at $20? What about the original Triology on PS3? Should I play those first?
Definitely, decent single player mode and great multiplayer. The new co-op DLC is awesome as well.

The original trilogy is good too (first one is pretty dated though), but Shadow Fall is kinda like a "soft reboot". It follows the events of those games but it's 30 years later with all new characters and events. You can google the backstory to catch up if you want.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2007
2415 posts
358 upvotes
NB
RadiantViper wrote: Definitely, decent single player mode and great multiplayer. The new co-op DLC is awesome as well.

The original trilogy is good too (first one is pretty dated though), but Shadow Fall is kinda like a "soft reboot". It follows the events of those games but it's 30 years later with all new characters and events. You can google the backstory to catch up if you want.
Should I get the Killzone Triology for the gameplay or jump right to this one? Are 2 & 3 worth it at this point?
Oct 6, 2010
459 posts
288 upvotes
London
Colin0317 wrote: Should I get the Killzone Triology for the gameplay or jump right to this one? Are 2 & 3 worth it at this point?
If you're interested in the series I say go for it. You can get the trilogy for $30 or less, $10 per game is nothing.

2 and 3 both have pretty fun SP campaigns.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6685 posts
3696 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
Max_Dealing wrote: Is 48 months perhaps. We all know next Jen consoles get 8 bit graphics games for free while last gen get actual full games. It's sonys tactic to help sell new consoles.
Ironic eh?
Feb 19, 2010
612 posts
314 upvotes
Port Coquitlam
Thanks OP. I'll probably finally pick up Killzone, especially with a price match discount.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
9113 posts
2403 upvotes
Colin0317 wrote: Should I get the Killzone Triology for the gameplay or jump right to this one? Are 2 & 3 worth it at this point?
Never played the original but I enjoyed 2 quite a bit, the single player experience and story was actually pretty immersive, most of the missions were set up well in that you felt like you were just a small cog in a huge war that's raging around you. Mind you it was heavily scripted so there really was little to no replay value for the single player campaign.

3 was kinda meh and a step back, and more lone-wolf rambo type missions where it's you versus the world. I slogged through it for the story, which unfortunately was also weaker then 2. The second game is worth it if you get it on the cheap, three is okay too but it warrants a pass, you can read up the plot on wikipedia to catch up on the back story.
"God's in His heaven. All's right with the world." - Robert Browning (1812-1889)
May 4, 2009
395 posts
74 upvotes
KZ2 is definitely my favourite in the series. Shadow Fall is not a bad game. I think it was rushed as a launch title, but the MP is always evolving and supported by the devs. Worth it at $20.
Dec 28, 2005
470 posts
145 upvotes
I liked Killzone 2 but Shadow Fall was boring as hell, went through the first two stages and never touched it again.
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
16984 posts
9310 upvotes
London
hmm

I really wanna play though Knack again

not sure if I shoudl grab it now or wait until it's free in novemberish timeframe
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2007
1249 posts
349 upvotes
I actually fall asleep playing KZ:SF. Call me a hater but I actually preordered the game and PS4 at launch.
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
16984 posts
9310 upvotes
London
startoss wrote: I actually fall asleep playing KZ:SF. Call me a hater but I actually preordered the game and PS4 at launch.
what did you not like about it?

I'm just about done my 2nd play through

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)