Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Walmart

PS4 Spider-Man $49.96 (Dec. 13 - Dec. 19)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 16th, 2018 10:19 am
Sep 28, 2018
625 posts
1380 upvotes
dboyman5 wrote: I had the game but sold it over certain control issues (the camera during the bank battle) I will rebuy once those bugs are fixed and maybe waiting for full edition including ALL DLC for the game...
not enough puddles.
Apr 28, 2018
5 posts
Ok it is December 13th which is the first day of this deal. Walmart's website says spiderman is out of stock.

Does that include in-store stock?
Jan 1, 2010
542 posts
576 upvotes
Aramaz wrote: Ok it is December 13th which is the first day of this deal. Walmart's website says spiderman is out of stock.

No, you should be able to go to stores and get it too. When the had GOW on sale, they had tons of stock. I was actually impressed that they didn't run out.

Now, I'm hoping all you buy the game and drop the value so I can buy it in another 4-6 months.
Nov 26, 2015
389 posts
207 upvotes
Aramaz wrote: Ok it is December 13th which is the first day of this deal. Walmart's website says spiderman is out of stock.

You can check if there is stock on the Walmart web site. Click Buy In-Store on the right.
Mar 8, 2008
487 posts
785 upvotes
gatineau
walmart near me sold out - only had 4 copies. lol. Amazon worked out for $49.96 + 12% ebates.
Apr 28, 2018
5 posts
ryan10075 wrote: You can check if there is stock on the Walmart web site. Click Buy In-Store on the right.
Clicking on Buy In-Store does nothing.
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2007
1111 posts
65 upvotes
BluRayGuy wrote: its $50 on Amazon now as well.
that didn't last long!
All we need is love
May 13, 2010
44 posts
42 upvotes
chemicalxv wrote: Here's the link btw

And since it's live, price matching is live!
Price matching this in my local Best Buy was a big pain in the ass.

I showed the online listing which states the price and shows stock in nearby Walmart stores, but then was told very 'matter of factly' that it has to be available in store AND online. What? That's not how price-matching brick & mortar usually works, it's clearly in stock in every nearby store which should be more than enough.

So then I checked bestbuy's website on my phone for their price-match policy, and indeed it's clear that the item can be in stock online, or in store, or in a flyer, as long as it's in stock.

So I ended up talking to someone else about this who was more helpful but STILL repeated that it had to be in-stock online before I read their own policy on their website back to him. Did eventually get the price match.

It's frustrating when service representatives at a store are blatantly wrong about their own policies and the customer has to be more knowledgeable than them as well as push back when they give you incorrect information.

Anyway if going to Best Buy and Walmart were equally convenient and I had to do it again, I'd just buy it at Walmart rather than try this to save $3 (10% of price match difference).
Jan 1, 2010
542 posts
576 upvotes
EBTcat wrote: Price matching this in my local Best Buy was a big pain in the ass.

I showed the online listing which states the price and shows stock in nearby Walmart stores, but then was told very 'matter of factly' that it has to be available in store AND online. What? That's not how price-matching brick & mortar usually works, it's clearly in stock in every nearby store which should be more than enough.

So then I checked bestbuy's website on my phone for their price-match policy, and indeed it's clear that the item can be in stock online, or in store, or in a flyer, as long as it's in stock.

So I ended up talking to someone else about this who was more helpful but STILL repeated that it had to be in-stock online before I read their own policy on their website back to him. Did eventually get the price match.

It's frustrating when service representatives at a store are blatantly wrong about their own policies and the customer has to be more knowledgeable than them as well as push back when they give you incorrect information.

Anyway if going to Best Buy and Walmart were equally convenient and I had to do it again, I'd just buy it at Walmart rather than try this to save $3 (10% of price match difference).
I believe they do this on purpose to prevent you from price matching. I had to jump through hoops to get Overwatch pm at BestBuy.

Walmart is much more lax when it comes to price matching at least in my experience.
Deal Addict
May 1, 2018
1734 posts
1212 upvotes
Vancouver
EBTcat wrote: Price matching this in my local Best Buy was a big pain in the ass.

Or you can visit another Best Buy to PM or send a letter of complaint to the store manager/head office if you got the employee's names.
Nov 2, 2011
9 posts
68 upvotes
DIEPPE
I picked this up at Walmart on Plaza drive in Moncton last night. They had a few more in stock.
Aug 30, 2010
285 posts
159 upvotes
Edmonton

Go up the ladder. If you get static about price matching from a low level employee, ask to speak to a store manager, if they, are refusing, call corporate right in front of them.

I'll never understand why some employees go so far for a corporation that would fire them in a heartbeat if it meant a 1% uptick in the stock price.
Aug 31, 2008
872 posts
509 upvotes
Is the DLC for this game good? If so, I'll wait until a GOTY or Gold edition. If they're not worth it, I'll consider the standard version.
May 13, 2010
44 posts
42 upvotes
angel177 wrote: Go up the ladder. If you get static about price matching from a low level employee, ask to speak to a store manager, if they, are refusing, call corporate right in front of them.

I'll never understand why some employees go so far for a corporation that would fire them in a heartbeat if it meant a 1% uptick in the stock price.
I ended up leaving a google review as I didn't know the particular employee's name.

Thanks for the replies, just wanted somewhere to vent a bit after a frustrating experience.

In the moment when he initially told me their policy I thought maybe they had changed it, I then asked him if someone brought in a store flyer and the item was in stock in-store whether they'd price match it, and he said no. So that was when I was thinking "wtf?" went and checked for myself and then spoke to another staff member.

You're right that a higher up, or calling Best Buy support or corporate would have been the next step, can always get a confirmation from them and then find the guy and put him on the phone with them.

Anyway, I feel a bit bad continuing to post about this as it isn't really related to Spider-man being on sale at Walmart, but it bumps a great deal, so I suppose that doesn't hurt.
Sep 18, 2009
504 posts
223 upvotes
Brampton, ON
Thanks OP, bought 2
May 28, 2006
493 posts
5 upvotes
Mississauga

I just had this exact experience and it was the General Manager being uncooperative. I finally got the price match, when I was able to get a Walmart customer service rep to confirm it. They even had to go find a PHYSICAL copy at Walmart to prove it. I captured all this with screenshots and sent a complaint to customerservice@bestbuycanada.ca. Glad to know I'm not the only one with this issue. May lean on this community if I need to escalate my complaint.